“Spa Day a disappontment”

Daniel Dead Sea Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Jerusalem, Israel
“Spa Day a disappontment”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have been going to the Daniel (and as the Golden Tulip) for years but this was our first visit in 2014. We came for a spa day and except for the massage that my husband and I had we were disappointed. They haven’t kept up maintenance in the spa and the pool area. The poo chaise lounges had bird droppings, which should have been cleaned. The chaises in the spa area had ripped padding on it. The Dead Sea pool was at a good temperature and appeared maintained, however, the fresh water pool was not up to standards. None of the Jacuzzi points were working. We told the spa staff who said they would take care of it, which was not done. The Turkish Hama has not been functioning in years. They were replacing the benches in the dry sauna and was therefore not available. Lastly, the bathroom which also served as a changing room, had a wet floor and did not live up to cleanliness status.
Hoping that the hotel staff will read this, I have expectations that they will clean up their act. Looking over other trip adviser comments, I am not isolated in finding that this hotel does not live up to a 5 star status. We have reservations to stay at the hotel for 4 days in late July and are reconsidering. Looking at previous responses to comments by the public relations staff, I hope not to get a standard pre-worded response and something more personal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bracha K
Michal E, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Dead Sea Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on "Tripadvisor".
I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Daniel Dead Sea hotel by "Tamares".

I was sorry to read the hotel did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site.

I wish you have turned to one of the staff at the hotel with your feedback ,I'm shore we would have find a solution for you.

Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

I will be more than happy if you could send me your personal mail address or phone number so I can speak to you in person at : Michal.evron@tamareshotels.co.il
G&P Rlation Mnager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Dereham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Although our group stayed less than 24 hours we greatly enjoyed our visit. We arrived at hot and sticky in the afternoon. Reception was quick in letting us have our room key. Whilst waiting for our bags we went down to the pool area, which looked very nice, to collect bathing towels. We then went up to our room to change and go out. It is very strange to see people in bathrobes trooping down the stairs, across the reception area, outside down the steps and across the road onto the beach but it is all made so easy to get into the Dead Sea. Our room was clean and comfortable and had a balcony. The meals were good and the staff helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adam181
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on "Tripadvisor".

The management and the team at the Daniel Dead Sea Hotel are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation

your comments are valuable to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service, renovate the facilities and improve In all aspects.
In Future arrival
Please don't hesitate and contact me at : Michal.evron@tamareshotels.co.il
G&P Relations Manager
kiryat motzkin
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We came to see the Opera in Massada, that was beautiful, and we needed a place to sleep. Like always, we chose Daniel, the home away from home for us... this is the 4th time that we stay here.
We had a lovely room with a beautiful view, the houskeeping lady was very nice.
Kabalat shabat with the general manager of the hotel was exciting.
I'm sure I will come here every time that I will search for a vacation.

2 Thank Edna11
Michal E, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Dead Sea Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Edna
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on TRIPADVIZOR!
I am delighted that your stay with us at Daniel Dead Sea by "TAMARES" was exceptional.
Your excellent recommendations and rating is appreciated!
we welcome you back and and i invite you to contact me on future arrival at : michal.evron@tamareshotels.co.il
Kiryat ata
Reviewed 13 June 2014

What a great hotel! We love every minute here!
The staff is very helpful, the spa is beautiful with a big variety of treatments. The Chef and the food is number 1! A great place for relaxation!!!
Don't miss it :-)

2 Thank Denadlun
Dear danablum
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on TRIPADVIZOR.
Your excellent recommendations and rating is appreciated and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had the misfortune to stay at the above hotel 7 days ago. We had to wait 5 hours before the room was ready. All we were given for our trouble was a ticket to obtain a towel and was told to wait by the pool. As we walked to the pool area all we could see lying around the pool was food lying all over the area with one clearing any thing away. The sun lounger were all covered with
bird droppins. No attempt was made the clean them up.
I have since discovered that they have down graded the hotel from 5 Star to MINUS 5 so the they can get the local Rif Raf in Jewish and Non Jewish.but are still charging overseas visitors double. Children between the ages 3/4 were running about the lounge after 9pm with the parents not caring. The staff including the so call Managers could not care less they were the lowest of the lowest. The bedrooms staff did not replace any used items and left papers on the floor he must of been blind.

Room Tip: Could not find a good room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear mister louis W,

I was sorry to read that the service of few of the hotel staff, cleanliness and some of the maintenance aspects did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site.

I can assure you that all the team , managers and staff are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation. I wish you have turned to one of the managers at the hotel with your feedback ,I'm shore we would have find a solution while you are still in the hotel.

P&R Relation managers
Hod HaSharon, Israel
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The biggest problem with this hotel is that it's rated five stars, but it is very far from meeting European/USA standards for even four stars.

Pros:

1. Excellent location - just a few minutes from its private dead-sea beach, 15 minute drive to Masada
2. Very nice outdoor pool (although very cold), great spa area
3. Nice rooms with great view of the dead sea and/or pool

Cons:

1. Stood on line for 30 minutes to get a room (had same problem last year)
2. Public areas aren't as clean as they should be
3. The room wasn't very clean when we arrived

Summary:

Same standard as most other Israeli "five star" hotels in the dead-sea area, but would hardly be considered a four star hotel in Europe/USA. For the price we payed we expected much more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank avipiti
Michal E, Public Relations Manager at Daniel Dead Sea Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear avipiti,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on "Tripadvisor".

I was sorry to read that the cleanliness of the hotel did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site.

P&R relation manager
Beit Dagan, Israel, Middle East
Reviewed 10 June 2014

It was a great vacation an Rina hader was amazing.... the dinner was grate and tasty
u daniel hotel for a wonderful
The bowling is one of the biggest advantage
We will definitely come again
stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Thank SolomonBarazani
dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on TRIPADVIZOR.
Your worm compliments about Rina Hadar are more than appreciated as well as
Your excellent recommendations and rating.we hope to welcome you back in the near future.