“WORST HOTEL EVERRRRR”

David Dead Sea Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. please see my photos below. They did not get us in our hotel till 3 am after checking in at 5:30pm. Our room was flooded and rusted, broken, and molded. Filthy, stunk. Please see photos below. They moved us 4 times to different rooms and the second was a tiny room when I rented a suite, 2-3 electricity was not working, 4 we finally said we will take it we are tired and they overbooked us and someone walked in on us in the morning. Please do not stay here. There are wonderful hotels I have stayed at the dead sea. OASIS, and any prima hotels are nice. I am contacting the owner of this hotel also. We were sent to 20 different ppl and they would still not credit us for that night. They offered a free dinner. They also charged us $230 more when we checked in even though I booked with 4 ppl. They never brought the extra beds then finally at 3 they did and threw the sheets etc in the hall way on the dirty floor. really unbelievable. I would never want anyone to go through this, that is why I am sharing.

Room Tip: Do not ever stay here, you have been warned. See photos and read review please.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank cassie c

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is beautifully located on the top of the hill overlooking the Dead Sea , the inside looks very nice, the rooms need to be renovated, but ours had a great view overlooking the pool & the Dead Sea...one of the best features are the outside pools - one with water from the DEAD SEA, were you can float & the other for swimming , the spa is also very nice, I got a great massage & a mud bath , that I really enjoyed ..and the food was incredible -both breakfast & dinner buffets are an experience you shouldn't miss, overall I highly recommend ..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I loved very much this hotel. The new managament proved himself, the food was excellent, there is great buffet .the stuff was very kind and attensive.They are really tring and make an effort to make you happy and pleased. the rooms are very comfurtable and nice and clean. I want to add that I know almost all the hotels at EIN bokek and I strongly recommend about this one. looking forward for my next visit ! Lital A.

Room Tip: ask room at the higher floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Everything in this hotel is below standard, except for the price. The staff is rude and unhelpful, the extra bed was not made, the toilet wouldn't flush, the security box was not working and the pool was full of sand. On top of this the hotel is not that close to the beach, which means you have to walk in 40 degrees or take a shuttle that comes every 20 minutes. Avoid avoid avoid

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Vivapoe
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have already written that the hotel is very beautiful. The internal design is the most beautiful among the Dead Sea hotels. Now we enjoyed our stay more than in November. The food was delicious and in great variety, the maintenance was better, the staff was nice. This time we made use of the swimming pool, which was lovely, and of the beach (5 min. walk), which needs improvement (but we were told it is the municipality's job, not the hotel's). But the gem was the outdoor Dead Sea water pool, which is the only one in Ein Bokek which is both outside and not connected to the indoor pool. The advantage is that its temperature is not too hot (the indoor pool is hoter). This pool was so pleasant to float in, that it was a lovely substitute for the beach for those who did not want to leave the hotel grounds. The price was reasonable, cheaper than other 5 star hotels. This is a hotel that I would like to return to many times.

Room Tip: A room with a view to the pool (surrounded by a garden), with the sea on the right and the mountains...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I loved this hotel. It is a short walk to the dead sea. I used its spa and I loved it. I had my first pedicure with the live fish. Not an experience for everyone, but I loved it. My massage was great. The buffet was ok, nothing to complain about. I stayed in the suite on the last floor and my view of the dead sea was spectacular. I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank livingston46
Reviewed 16 May 2014

On 21st April we had booked 3 rooms and arrived between 5 & 6 pm. Our double room was tatty - one bed light was missing, an electrical plug wasn't working, the carpet needed cleaning, the seat of my shorts got covered in dust as the chairs on the veranda were covered in dust, the TV was poorly fitted, and the shower leaked on to the bathroom floor. Although the room was locked my granddaughter had two people walk into her room around midnight. Our guide who was also in a separate room had a similar experience. We were unable to obtain any room service and the reception information was useless. We arrived at breakfast at 7am only to find that the breakfast room was not ready. We eventually started our breakfast at 7.30 am. The food was very ordinary and not of a standard that we would expect. It was a mission to find towels for the beach. We explained this to the PRO lady whose only response was "What do you want me to do!" Most unhelpful. The signage around the hotel was poor. Amongst the very worst places that we have ever stayed. Management needs to be replaced and the staff in general is in sore need of training.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family