“Second psoriasis treatment - hotel improved”

David Dead Sea Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to the Dead Sea for my Psoriasis. I was with a UK groups for a two week stay. I have moderate to severe Psoriasis and a fair complexion. This time I treated sunbathing as a job taking at least 3 hours a day and up to 6 by the end. My skin after two weeks is almost (99 % clear) I started with about 25% coverage. It is a bit boring but worth it. Using the solarium every day.

The hotel has improved since last year. I was in a premium room on 16th floor. Very clean and spacious. I also had access to the business lounge, which was excellent as I got drinks (alcohol and soft) without paying and there was food available all day. It made the experience better. Service is still awful but that is the management not caring. The young staff were helpful as they could be.

If you want a good bar go to the Lot hotel.

Food is good but boring after a week. There is a McDonald's in the shopping centre and a steak restaurant in the Isoratel.

I wouldn't come here if I didn't want to treat my skin. But the results were excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank BenK588

Reviewed 15 June 2014

David hotel under the new management looks great! clean, warm welcome, personal attention, rich variety of food and overall a great experience. Very short walk to the Dead Sea plus there is a complementary shuttle every 15 min.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We’ve been here twice on winter holidays and we’re going to visit this hotel next winter. We spent here one week in 2011 and 2012. It was a GREAT, WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC experience. In January the climate is mild near to the Dead Sea, the weather is really good.

The Hotel is situated not far from the beach, looks very luxurious. I know that in summertime shuttles are offered by the Hotel but in January it’s just a nice walk to the Dead Sea. The area around the hotel is a beautiful garden with a big swimming pool.

We had a double room with sea view and a balcony. The room was enough big and well furnished: large and very comfortable beds, the well equipped bathroom. You can find excellent fresh food in several restaurants there.

Also I’d like to thank the staff (very friendly and helpful) for very good service!

I strongly recommend the hotel !!! Thanks for amazing holidays!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Of the 4 hotels we stayed in on our 12 day trip this was my favorite. Too bad it was for only one night. Our tour guide asked for VIP status for our group and we got an incredible top floor view room. A fruit plate was delivered which was nice...too bad it was so green as to be inedible. It was a nice room with a contemporary style, working safe, big balcony, and Dead Sea bath products.
Negatives were, the toilet seat lid fell off, the shower leaked out onto the floor profusely and we had to dry off with hand towels as the bath towels were a no show. As it turns out, towels were hard to come by and we practically had to beg, borrow, steal some to go to the beach.
Throughout the entire trip we ended up retrieving our own luggage as the porters were in no hurry. I would suggest carrying shower essentials and a change of clothes in a carry on if you want to rely on porters to deliver your luggage.
Floating in the Dead Sea was amazing, but be prepared for a hike of about 1-1/2 blocks to get there. There is a shuttle, but it only takes you about half way. There are also salt water pools at the hotel as well as a beautiful pool and tropical grounds.

Room Tip: If you can manage an upper floor view room, it's amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. please see my photos below. They did not get us in our hotel till 3 am after checking in at 5:30pm. Our room was flooded and rusted, broken, and molded. Filthy, stunk. Please see photos below. They moved us 4 times to different rooms and the second was a tiny room when I rented a suite, 2-3 electricity was not working, 4 we finally said we will take it we are tired and they overbooked us and someone walked in on us in the morning. Please do not stay here. There are wonderful hotels I have stayed at the dead sea. OASIS, and any prima hotels are nice. I am contacting the owner of this hotel also. We were sent to 20 different ppl and they would still not credit us for that night. They offered a free dinner. They also charged us $230 more when we checked in even though I booked with 4 ppl. They never brought the extra beds then finally at 3 they did and threw the sheets etc in the hall way on the dirty floor. really unbelievable. I would never want anyone to go through this, that is why I am sharing.

Room Tip: Do not ever stay here, you have been warned. See photos and read review please.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank cassie c
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is beautifully located on the top of the hill overlooking the Dead Sea , the inside looks very nice, the rooms need to be renovated, but ours had a great view overlooking the pool & the Dead Sea...one of the best features are the outside pools - one with water from the DEAD SEA, were you can float & the other for swimming , the spa is also very nice, I got a great massage & a mud bath , that I really enjoyed ..and the food was incredible -both breakfast & dinner buffets are an experience you shouldn't miss, overall I highly recommend ..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I loved very much this hotel. The new managament proved himself, the food was excellent, there is great buffet .the stuff was very kind and attensive.They are really tring and make an effort to make you happy and pleased. the rooms are very comfurtable and nice and clean. I want to add that I know almost all the hotels at EIN bokek and I strongly recommend about this one. looking forward for my next visit ! Lital A.

Room Tip: ask room at the higher floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family