I have recently returned from a 20-days' stay at the Hod hotel, and I highly recommend it. I suffer from Psoriasis and this was my fourth stay at this hotel - and I wouldn't replace it for any other hotel in the Dead Sea area. Hod is one of the older hotels in Ein Bokek, and is therefore naturally more "old style": peaceful, intimate, with no fancy-"noisy" design and no bothering-hectic activities in the open spaces, and with a lot of respect to one's expectations for privacy and a pleasant and friendly atmosphere. I find all of this crucial for adults who come for a long stay with an intention, first and foremost, to heal their body and spirit. Furthermore, the staff is friendly and forthcoming and efficient, the food is very good - both the meals and in the bar (that charges surprisingly reasonable prices), the rooms are clean and fully-equipped and well designed, the beach is close and nice and comfortably accessible, the open swimming pool is wonderful and has a breathtaking view of the Dead Sea and the Jordanian mountains, the gym and the solarium are great, and the spa includes all the necessary facilities and services (indoors Dead Sea water swimming pool, massages etc.) with excellent standards (with one exception: the sulphur pools used to be top quality and one had to pay to enjoy them; now they are for free - as they should remain, but their quality is low and their contribution to one's health is therefore compromised; this - I hope and expect - shall be fixed soon).
Given my condition, I expect to visit the Dead Sea on an annual basis for years to come, for significant stays of a few weeks per visit, and there is no doubt in my mind: Hod is the hotel for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the Dead Sea shores in the north of Ein Bokek region, the Hodhamidbar Hotel has free Wi-Fi in the lobby and includes a sea-view terrace with a salt-water swimming pool. The free spa area includes a sulfur pool, sauna, hot tub and fitness room. Hodhamidbar Resort & Spa Hotel also provides free access to its private beach with lounge chairs and sun umbrellas. The staff provides entertainment activities in the evening. All rooms at the Hotel Hodhamidbar include satellite TV with international channels, air conditioning and private bathroom with a hairdryer. Some rooms offer views of the Dead Sea. Free phone calls to various international destinations are available. The hotel has 9 internet points and bikes for touring the area. Parking is possible at the hotel, subject to availability. Public parking in front of the hotel is charged extra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hod Hamidbar Resort and Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hod Hamidbar Hotel Ein Bokek
- Hod Hamidbar Resort And Spa Hotel Dead Sea, Israel