“great hotel”

Prima Oasis Dead Sea
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We just came back from our winter trip to Israel. We stayed two nights in the prima oasis hotel at Ein Bokek. I read all the reviews before our trip and some of them caused me some worry about the hotel. I am glad to say that it is a very nice hotel with nice features. Our room was comfortable even though we added a cot for a third person. When I booked the hotel through booking.com I was under the impression that it would be a triple room with a couch that opens up. As it turned out there were no such rooms in the hotel, but our room was comfortable enough.The hotel stuff was accomodating and polite.The added cot was already in the room when we arrived. The room was nice and clean and so was the bathroom (though a box of tissues and a bit more cosmetics would have been nice). There were enough towels for the three of us when we arrived. The bed was very comfortable.
We had a half-board so had breakfast and dinner in the hotel. I am happy we did that. The dining room is large with beautiful views of the dead sea. The food was great and there was an incredible amount of it, also a lot of choices
The Dead Sea water pool was nice and warm, though I would have liked it to be larger.The spa is beautiful and the reflexology massage was great.
The view from the room was beautiful - the Dead Sea and the mountains around it. It was beautiful any time of day and evening. The windows are somewhat different than regular shape windows. They are corner windows and the view is quite wide.
While there was tea and coffee in the room, none was decaffeinated, too bad.
The hotel was supposed to have its own beach, but access to it was closed. We went to the public beach and got chairs for free with vouchers from the hotel. Being that it was too cool to swim in the sea itself (althhough a number of brave souls actually went in) we didn't spend too much time on the beach. I wonder why the hotel beach was closed.
There is not much to do in Ein Bokek itself, except enjoy the beauty of the place, the comfort of the hotel,the fun shopping malls, sipping coffee on Aroma's porch, and walking along the beach. We did it all and had a great time. Just lying in a hammock in the beautiful courtyard of the hotel in the fairly warm December evening was great.I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have a view to the Dead Sea
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank emlaskin

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Awful! Avoid by all means! This hotel definitely does not deserve 4* and pictures from the site do not reflect the reality. We booked a sea view room for 3 nights - here's the summary:
1) Staff - unfriendly and unhelpful (except for 1 guy at the reception), speaks poor English; 2) rooms - dilapidated, furniture all scratched, TV set from the 80s, bathrooms filthy, with peeling painting; 3) soundproofing - absent - you can clearly hear people shouting in corridors, snoring and watching TV in adjacent rooms; 4) sea view - loophole-sized windows with a lateral sea view; 5) spa - small and crowded (5 bodies per sq.m of the pool), sauna and hammam filthy; 6) private beach - in reality public beach, beach chairs instead of sunbeds, still unusable as they smell of cat urine; 7) dinner food - average, though still better than anywhere outside/ slow and inefficient service at dinner. Advice - choose another hotel in Ein Bokek or go to Dead Sea on a day trip from Jerusalem

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaxLondon1976
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We showed up after my husband had burnt himself on the way. No help was offered to us - to the contrary - we were rushed to move our car.
All of our questions - suggested day trips, recommended restaurants - were answered with "that is not a service the hotel provides".
Our room did not have a bath tub, and after we requested one, the room we got had a bath tub fit for a child!
Speaking of children - our bed was two twin beds put together, with two single blankets. Took two calls to get a double blanket!
Worst experience yet! We've been to better motel 6s!

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbilaustin
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The room was shabby. Obviously the people staying before us were smokers, when complained that the room smelt of cigarettes we were offered another room, but this one was even worse. The prices were far too high for this hotel and I would definitely not recommend it to anyone I know!

Room Tip: Check the prices. Once at the hotel we heard from other guests that they got far better deals than w...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We tailored our own trip to Israel and decided to have the last few days at the Dead Sea after some hectic touring. Ein Bokek is the only resort area on the Israel side. This hotel has all the rooms facing the sea and has a lovely spa. We were upgraded to the Spa Club the connecting hotel. The food was buffet style. We had half board and there was an abundance of delicious fresh fruit and vegetables. There's transport to the beach but it's only 3 minutes walk from the hotel. The only negative we had was the hotel has no balconies. Also don't be afraid of a trip to Israel; it's amazing

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank georgefrances
Reviewed 29 November 2011

After reading all of the nice reviews here, I've decided to make an inquiry about the hotel for my group of 24. I sent an email to the Reservation Manager on 25/11/2011. After waiting for 2 days without reply, I decided to fax a nice letter to the hotel on 27/11/2011. My fax went through successfully. On my fax I even left my email address for the hotel to contact me conveniently. Today is already 29/11/2011 and I've received absolutely no reply. I now start to wonder whether this hotel is good for groups, or they just want individual guests. One way or the other, the silence of the hotel management is really questionable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The location is perfect, as it’s right across the street from the beach and only about a 15-minute drive from Masada. There’s very little to do in the town/strip of Ein Bokek. It’s not very clean (smells a bit like garbage/sewage everywhere) and there’s nothing to do at night (this obviously has nothing to do with the hotel, though).

The first room we checked into had a pretty foul smell to it. The staff tried to correct the odor, but it just smelled like really strong bleach afterwards. They quickly provided a different room, which was fine, although it was quite small.

We were not impressed with dinner at the hotel. The buffet had a very Russian/Polish influence and the main course was lungs (I assumed it was a spelling mistake, but it was in fact beef lungs). If there were other places to eat, we definitely would have skipped the included breakfast, but that was the only option. Surprisingly, the breakfast was quite good. Much more traditional Israeli food (salads, breads, cheeses, etc.). The restaurant is in the basement and feels a bit like a party room in an apartment building.

During my two-week trip in Israel, I stayed in six different hotels. This one was the worst.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple