“very good Hotel”

Prima Oasis Dead Sea
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
“very good Hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I made a reservation to this hotel, as part of an Opera Package of La Traviata
in Masada ( I will explain it in a different review).
We arrived afternoon to the hotel and were upgraded to the Spa hotel part (no kids).
The Dead Sea area is known for its wonderful cure for a lot of skin problems and due to the density of the water everyone will float. I must say that this is one of the remarkable experiences in my life. However, one word of caution, do not (and I emphasized it again) enter the super saline water with cuts on your skins. If you have cuts, you can use the Mud, which is very helpful to the skin also.
The Hotel’s Spa rooms were large, quiet and very comfortable with a king size bed. The bathroom apparatus were large and clean. This hotel contains a swimming pool and spa rooms and the beach of Dead Sea was just across the street. The dining room of the hotel’s spa was separated from the main dining room, thus no children were found in this room. (I must say that as a father of three children, sometimes it is very nice to eat a quiet dinner..). As usual in such Spa hotels there were many type of vegetables and almost no fatty food.
When we left the hotel, we knew we will come back to this hotel next year for the next Opera show in Masada.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hezkia
BCPRIMA, Public Relations Manager at Prima Oasis Dead Sea, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Wow!
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed and wonderful review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Oasis hotel and that you enjoyed your time in the Dead Sea and at the Opera.

Hope to see you again soon in Dead Sea!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I took this hotel for this particular weekend because it was much cheaper than all the other hotels. I have read poor reviews about it, but I have friends who have been staying in this hotel in the last 30 years and are always happy here. So was I. The room was very nice and clean with a view to the Dead Sea. The sea is very close -- it took me about 2 or 3 minutes to walk from the hotel to the beach. The food was OK. The service was excellent. We had some problems with the bathroom and the safe and the receptionist sent help within 5 minutes in three cases -- and all the problems were immediately solved. There were many waiters in the dining room so service there was also very efficient.
The best part of the hotel is the lobby. It is big, beautiful, very cozy and comfortable, and faces the view of the sea. We sat there for many hours because we had to leave our room early but could not go back home, but it was so pleasant to sit and read in the lobby that we did not suffer from not having our room any more. I would definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Since the hotel has only two small elevators which also serve their service staff, a room on the fir...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BCPRIMA, Public Relations Manager at Prima Oasis Dead Sea, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your in depth report on our hotel 
It is always nice to hear such nice and warm full compliments about our hotel and service.
We are very happy to learn that you had a pleasant stay at the Oasishotel and in Dead Sea.
Hopefully we will see you back with us in Israel soon.
Again, thank you for posting your comments and for recommending our hotel
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Avoid this hotel !

I had the worst experience at Oasis Hotel Dead Sea. When I arrived to check in, after months of preparation for my trip to the Dead Sea, I was cheerful, smiling, and I said a nice Hello with a big smile to the woman at the front desk. It was on Thursday June 12, 2014 at 6 PM. The woman at the front desk was leaning on the wall. When she heard my "hello", she did not even look at me, she walked for three feet to her computer with a terrible and completely impersonal face. She said: "WHAT IS YOUR NAME ?" I replied gently. Then she added: "FOR HOW MANY DAYS ?" I said "two". And finally, while she was still as rude and brutal, she asked me: "I NEED TO SEE YOUR PASSPORT". I felt that I was being treated by a military police officer at some check point in North Korea, or as a prisoner arriving at the Goulag.

At some point, I really had enough of that brutality, and I spit my Canadian passport on her computer. Then she looked at me for the very first time with a question mark on her robot face. I said: "I am trying to imitate your behaviour, but obviously I am not as good as you are in the art of rudeness". And I asked her to give me the flyer on which clients can give comments about the hotel.

This is certainly, in all my life, the worst "welcoming" experience that I have ever felt. So much that it ruined completely the two days of vacation that I spent there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Francois L
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your in depth report on our hotel. All comments help us provide the best service and amenities for our guests. That being said, we are sorry that you did not receive the reception that you should have. I will forward your review to the staff as they are trained to provide helpful and friendly service.
We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the Dead Sea.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

There's a reason this is one of the two hotels that had last minute rooms at the dead sea for Shavu'ot holiday. From the strong smell of mold each time you enter the room (room 230), to the small windows with partial view of the sea, to the bathroom with hair resideu from previous room users, to the poor service (for example, we asked our young son's bed to be taken just a matress on the floor, receptionist explained it's impossible and forbidden while the maintenance guy sent to our room suggested it himself and said he is not aware of any problem with placing a mattress on the floor), the super slow elevator and endless wait to get on the ride to the private beach, poor flow of water in the shower head, and the very basic (rice/schnitzel/chicken wings) food at the Shvu'ot dinner.

I must add that the service is trying its best. All staff is very eager to please, and always answers with a smile and very quickly. Especially Dima at reception and the staff at the dining hall, but the level of professionalism is poor. They are lacking in management big time. With some serious management chnages they have the potential and the facilities to become "A Unique Experience" but it's a long way to go maintenance and staff-wise.

Room Tip: Room 230 has a bad smell.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Liav
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your in depth report on our hotel. All comments help us provide the best service and amenities for our guests. That being said, we are sorry that you did not receive the reception that you should have. After our very pleasent telephone conversation regarding your stay, I have forwarded your remarks to the relevant departments.

Liav, once again i do appreciate your time and will be intouch with further answers for you.

Best Regards.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Frankly I had mixed feelings staying at the hotel with my wife after reading the various mainly not too complimentary reviews. However as the hotel was booked in advance by a friend we carried on regardless. Check-in/out was efficient. Lobby was bright and done up in contemporary style. Room was clean and comfortable with view of Dead Sea and Jordan mountains in the distance. Comfortable enough for an overnight stay. Bathroom had long bath/shower. Big bottle of complimentary water in the room was a nice touch. Free hotel wifi was good throughout hotel.

Hotel elevator quite slow hence preferred to walk-up/down instead of waiting interminably for it. Buffet dinner and breakfast was decent with a wide range of dishes.

There's a courtesy shuttle from the hotel to the beach which is across the road. We initially waited for the shuttle however the intervals between them seemed longer than necessary and those that came around were usually full. We then decided to walk over which took less than five minutes.

Overall, the stay was decent - in some respects better than I expected. However, hotel staff need to be better trained to respond to customers. At check-out for example I approached the reception area and stood right in front of two staff (one of them obviously training an intern on certain procedures) for a few minutes before they attended to me - and there was nobody else around. After they had finished their discussion they were polite in assisting me with the check-out which took less than 1 minute!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BCPRIMA, Public Relations Manager at Prima Oasis Dead Sea, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about the Oasis hotel; we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Hope to see you again in Israel.
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just an average hotel, but so expensive. We reserved 2 rooms. The elevator service is very slow. The dining room and food service over that particular period was below our expectations. We had to wait in line for at least 15 mins. for omelettes! When I requested help from the dining room manager, he replied rudely. No bread was served at breakfast on the second day , after the Passover - disappointing. We were shocked by the dirty state of the sea side - I felt embarrassed for tourists and visitors from abroad. We talked with other guests who agreed.
This is so important for overall impression of the Dead Sea.
The swimming pool and area was disappointing.
No evening entertainment - everything dead at the Dead Sea.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra H
BCPRIMA, Public Relations Manager at Prima Oasis Dead Sea, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for placing your opinion at the Tripadvisor.
Providing a better service is our goal, consequently we are grateful for your constructive notes.
We do apologize for your stay and we hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you a different experience at Prima hotels.
Thank you again and your comments will only help us improve for future customers.
Karmiel, Israel
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is not an easy review to write, as there are things about the Oasis that were wonderful, and others that were terrible. if I had to sum it up briefly, the rooms, spa, beach and food were excellent, but several very unprofessional incidents made this hotel unacceptable and we would not return.

First of all, we were there celebrating a birthday and when the reservation was made and this was mentioned, we were told we would have a fruit basket waiting in the room. When we arrived,it wasn't there, so I went to the front desk and after checking our reservation, was told the fruit basket would be delivered "soon". This continued 4x throughout the next 3 days, each time being told we have a "VIP room" and the fruit basket was on its way. It never arrived. If you don't have a special birthday service, why offer it?

Secondly, we went to the lounge Thursday night and decided we would like cocktails. Knowing the area, I decided to keep it simple and ordered a Tequila Sunrise. After being met with a blank stare, I asked for a Mojito. The "bartender" had no idea what either of these drinks were. I explained and was told there is no rum or tequila. In frustration, I finally asked for Emerald Riesling and was brought a glass of red wine. When I told the waitress it is a white wine and showed her on the menu, she contradicted me, and told me it is red wine and very unhappily took it back and told me they would go look for a white wine and never came back. The hotel is full. Why no bartender or at least someone who can make a very basic cocktail or know what wine is on the menu? Finally my husband brought me a glass of water as even after asking for a glass of wine several times after sending back the red "Emerald Riesling", it never arrived.

In general, when people are on vacation, they like to be pampered a bit and the staff was in general, quit unfriendly and not helpful. It is a great location and the hotel has lots of potential, but the staff needs a lesson on very basic customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BCPRIMA, Public Relations Manager at Prima Oasis Dead Sea, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed and helpful review
I Have forwarded your review to the food and beverage Manager to provide an emphasis on the wine list training and also to provide training for helpful and friendly service.
We hope you will give us another chance when visiting the Dead Sea area.

You may contact me via email at the hotel where I will be happy to assist you with your reservation.

Best Regards.