“great hotel”

Leonardo Inn Hotel Dead Sea
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great hotel.
Shuttle to the spa all the day
Very clean rooms, food ok.
In the evenings we went to the Bedouin tent next to the hotel and really enjoyed it. the mall is very close to the hotel- 2 minutes walking.
It is highly recommended.

Room Tip: ask for window to the pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 February 2014

In early January We arrived the "Leonardo inn" hotel after we read some reviews on the site. Some were good and some less.
When we entered the hotel immediately we felt the warm and cozy of the hotel service providers.
The Staff was wonderful and gave us feel as guests VIP
The food was varied and breakfast on Saturday was wonderful.
Since we arrived late we asked for fruits to the room. After five minutes came a plate filled with all good.
In summary, we enjoyed staying at this very
Keep it up,
We look forward to our next holiday there

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I was at the leonardo inn hotel at the dead sea. It was the perfect holiday for me. The service was excellent, the room is very nice, the food is good and the hotel is very clean and worm.
The desk officer, Nadia, and
Marco, the security manager were very nice and freindly.
I really liked the hotel and I will go back there again soon

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank rotg
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at the hotel.
The staff was very polite,and took care of every thing that we needed.
The hotel is very clean,and the food is great.we reccomend this hotel for every one who want to relax and have a good vacation in the dead sea.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I chose this hotel due to budget and I was wrong.

$543.00 Canadian dollars for 2 nights was like a deal, but until I arrived:

1. 1 hour to check in. ( I was kind Ok with that).

2. When I entered my room I inspected all mattresses and pillows ( I read about it in trip advisor prior booking). It was Ok. No insects, no blood stains. What a relief for me cause I did not tell my wife about it and ... she screamed in a toilet. It was roach. No comments.

3. I had no choice than to find another place to stay. Near by I found a few hotels for $250 per night, but Leonardo Inn asked 100% of money as a cancellation fee. I never heard about such cancellation fee. I stayed.

4. If you want a water - bring your own. Water is only in coolers. Cooler is one per floor and is in a closet that reminds toilet and get the water there is the question.

5. No sea view, just mountains with a pile of accumulated old water, garbage and around 10 used mattresses. ( probably with the insects that I was looking for in my room)

6. After 3 times of request to fix the shower ( 5hours after check in) I was suggested to get to bed and smb will come tomorrow. I was persistent. Smb came at about 9pm. Fix the shower so it sprays to opposite wall, but not to the person. We used shower only at 10% of its power to get some water on a person.

7. Aside above mentioned on a check out I was charged 18% more ( VAT for israeli citizen). Even though I was from Canada I did not have my Canadian Passport. They did nott accepted my drs. Lic not Canadian Citizenship card.

8. Service - not good, room - not good, attempts to sell you smth is everywhere - annoying and not good, will I come back - no.

Room Tip: Choose LOT hotel or Leonardo Club, not Leonardo INN.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We were a group of 14 from Work who arrived at about 4 in the afternoon, midweek, to the Hotel. It wasn’t very busy, but with only one person behind the counter in reception, it took about 20 minutes to get our keycards.
We went up to our room and I walked into see a mid size twin bedroom, smallish bathroom, and doors leading to a balcony.
To be fair, this is a low 3 star hotel, so I suppose you get what you pay for. The room was pretty clean. There was a good side wardrobe with nothing in it except a few hangers. There was a bedside table and lamp next to each bed. There was a desk with a 32“ flat screen TV on it( that had 12 channels taken from Israeli Cable) and a mini refrigerator underneath. There was a “comfy” chair, and on the small Dead Sea facing balcony, there were 2 plastic chairs.
The bathroom only had a Shower (not a bath), together with the Toilet and a marble top + sink. There were 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and a bath mat. Towel quality was average. It was pretty clean but the décor was noticeably old and in need of an update.
The beds were pretty comfortable, with 2 good sized pillows and a duvet cover covering a blanket.
The weather was such that we did not touch the Air Conditioning, so I do not know what it would be like in the summer.
Food:
We went down for supper in the evening at 1900 and the place was not too busy. The food was simple, but edible. There were 4 meaty dishes, 2 fish dishes, soup, rice, potatoes and lots of salads and vegetables. For desert there was fresh fruit, jelly (3 flavours) and Baklava. This was not a luxury establishment, but there was more than enough food, and it hit the spot.
Breakfast in the morning was also pretty simple, but definitely not bad at all. There were different types of rolls, cereals, salads and vegetables, fish , Cheeses, Eggs ( scrambled and boiled), hot cheesecake, A passable coffee machine, orange and lemon juice( not proper), and yogurts. I left feeling comfortable full.

Other:
3 other things should be mentioned:
In the evening after supper, we sat for an hour in the bar. We drank a beer or 2 (VERY EXPENSIVE), and chatted. There were a couple of guys playing on a single pool table and there was inoffensive background music on the PA. At 9pm they closed the bar and we were booted out! We went out to the gardens and sat next to the pool ( that was full, but closed for the winter), where we sat and chatted to the noise of the belly dancing music coming out of the Taj Mahal outdoor restaurant/Bedouin Tent immediately next to the Hotel. Not a great experience.
From 6 am in the morning onwards there was one hell of a noise in the Hotel. It started with a car alarm going off outside and continued with the noise coming from all the rooms around ours, that, it seem, were filled with Russian workmen. As this is the cheapest Hotel in the whole Dead Sea resort, it is our guess that other Hotels who have workers and builders currently doing work there, send them here to sleep in the evening. The crashing and banging basically stopped by about 7 am (as they had all gone off to work).
Finally: there is NO free internet in this Hotel. Even in the Lobby, it is a pay service. This is pretty cheap and ridiculous nowadays when it is pretty much the standard (at Free Lobby internet).
Summary:
A run down, low 3 star Hotel in the Dead Sea resort. You get what you pay for (or what my company paid for). As an overnight stop for a group, it was just about acceptable (particularly the food and the rooms themselves…..but not the noise early in the morning). I would not plan on going there again if I did not have to.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BJREisman
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have spent the day at the Leonardo Inn and we had an amazing time! Its a beautiful, calm and a good located hotel. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel to anyone is looking for a relaxing and an enjoyable place to spend the day at. We would do a fun day here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends