“Good stay with planty 'room' for improvements”
Review of The Regency Kuwait

The Regency Kuwait
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Salmiyah
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Good stay with planty 'room' for improvements”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed for a weekend and the stay overall was not bad. But there are some points that didnt meet my expectation from such a luxurious hotel.

* The rooms are excellent 9/10.
* The bed 10/10.
* Free WiFi hotel wide. 9/10
* Food is good 8/10
* Price is OK. 8/10
* Location is very close to town. 8/10.
* Staff and service 8/10.

Things which didnt meet my expectations:
* There is no swimming in the beach, that is if you can call it a back to begin with.
* The value parking outside the hotel...there is many pigeons around pooping on your car! I cannot start my day with pigeon poop all over my car! Gotta do something about it.
* They gave me a connected room where the room next to me had family and kids. So didnt let me sleep peacefully. Shouldnt that be taken into consideration when you give your guest a connected room? I mean this is not Holiday Inn. I didnt change the room cause i had one night only so didnt feel like going through the pain of packing and unpacking.

I didt try any other hotels in Kuwait so I cant compare to other hotels in the area. But the bottom line this hotel is a good option, good value, so I wouldnt mind staying again in my next visit.

Ciao!

Room Tip: Rooms can be very very from the elevator so chose carefully. The back view is awful. So if are the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank IAMNAEL
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear “Iamnael”,

We are very grateful for your very kind comments posted on Trip Advisor!

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed by a few points: the notice that does not permit swimming in the sea, is in fact enforced by Kuwait Municipality who have concerns regarding the water quality along the coast specifically where we (and a few other hotels) are located. However we are hoping the Municipality will relax the enforcement in the next months. We do of course have two main pools for your swimming pleasure, and indeed we have a Ladies’ Lounge with a pool and café exclusively for our female guests.

We are fortunate to have extensive parking and maybe the valets put the car in a spot under the porte-cochere arch where birds stay. next time please specify the parking spot in the front of the hotel and this may avoid the problem! We are already aware of the mess caused by the birds and have already made steps to eradicate them.

Lastly, We do regret the noise caused by the neighbouring room, please do note you may at any time, call the Duty Manager to ask that he speaks to them about noise levels, it is all part of our service!

Mr. Aurelio Giraudo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was my first trip to Kuwait. Blown away by the service and hospitality. As an expat living in Amsterdam, I've grown to expect a lack of service across the board at restaurants and hotels, so this was a great surprise. The room was very clean, bed was super comfortable, nice hotel amenities - great poll and good food. Would come back again. My only small complaint, of which I could have solved myself, but didn't bother - was my room location (on the 1st floor). It had poor cellular and wifi reception, so I spent most of my time working/communicating from the lobby.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 1st floor for better wifi and cell service.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank mkbanks
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor on March 10, 2013. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel!

We do note your comment regarding the first floor Wi-Fi and we will do our best to remedy this.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I like the hotel in general, the breakfast buffe was lovely.
Room service was poor and late all the time, and they doesn't pick up when you call!
It would be nice if they had a water heater in the room.
Use booking to make a reservation, it cheaper than reserving from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
9 Thank Aalghaith
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear Aalghaith,

Thank you for the valuable comments on Trip Advisor. We noted your very kind and positive comments, for which we are very grateful.

We have also noted that you encountered some problems with room service and we have shared these comments with the management and associates concerned. we are confident this will not happen again.

Thank you again for your useful feedback.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

One of the best beds ever, beautiful floor to ceiling italian marble bathroom, true 5 star in counties that claim 5 star whereas they don't deserve 3! Excellent service and the most friendly staff, you might have some takes on the food and the gym that is getting renovated, however the impeccable service, from sales, front desk, executive lounge, restaurant staff plus the view and the pool makes up for it! Highly recommended

• Stayed February 2013
8 Thank ad_0120
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. We are very grateful for your compliments and thank you for your kind comments posted on Trip Advisor.

We have shared your kind praise with the management and associates.

Cannes, France
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I had the chance to stay at the Regency Hotel in Kuwait during a short business trip.
The overall experience has been wonderful!
Starting from the arrival reception, the staff has been extremely helpful and kind.
The room was welcoming, bed very comfortable and everything spotless clean.
The dining at the Silk Road has been impeccable, i reccomend the Friday Bruch.
Look forward to having the opportunity to go back very soon.
A warm thank you to all the staff and the general manager!

Room Tip: I stayed in a very comfortable Junior Suite which i reccomend to anybody
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Michela F
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Michela,

Thank you for your kind comments posted on Trip Advisor!

We are thrilled that your overall experience at The Regency was wonderful and you enjoyed the stay at our hotel. We have shared your kind praise with the all senior management and associates. Many thanks for your kind recommendation.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to The Regency!

Claremont, California
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The Regency is a first-class hotel in every sense. The rooms are sumptuous with the most lavish marble bathrooms I've ever seen. The lobby is majestic, and the private swimming beach and pools are of the finest resort level. The cuisine was delicious...the downstairs dining room features a different chef each month. Last month, it was tasty Malaysian cuisine. One can't say enough about the hospitality and refinement of the Regency.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank John F
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your kind posting on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you had a enjoyable stay at The Regency and are delighted that you recommended us so highly. Your kind comments have been shared with the management and associates.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback. We are very grateful for your kind compliments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to The Regency!

Yours,

Dubai
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights and booked 2 rooms.

It has been a while since the last time i visited Kuwait, but this hotel is far much better than the one i stayed in last time which was disaster.

We had a warm welcoming service with a nice cold juice to drink while waiting for them to finish our check in process.

The Hotel room is big in size and the toilet is great with the beautiful marble finishing.

The Lobby is very big where you can have your business meetings there if you would like to. you also can smoke in the lobby.

There is a shopping mall just in front of the Hotel entrance but i have not been inside so i cannot comment on that.

The buffet restaurant is down stares something like a basement, I don’t really recommend it much, I didn’t like the food quality they had plus the seating layout, not very relaxing it is in the basement with a far view of the garden where everything is far away from the window.

They have 2 pools, one for kids and the other is for adults. the kids pool is small and not deep.

The hotel location is very good, you drive it’s easy to find, but you might find some shopping malls far away from you but that's fine don’t worry.

There is a very small beach for this hotel don’t expect it big and long in size.

Imp to Note:
You need know that in Kuwait they will ask you to prove if the lady with you is your wife other wise you will face problem to check in and this what happend with me in my previous visit.

I know that most people passports doesnt say that you wife name and whom she is married to, so make sure you are ready before go to kuwait in which ever hotel you will stay in.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend anything i have only stayed for a very short time. but overall the hotel was very...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Abdulla K
Dear Abdulla,

Thank you for choosing The Regency for your stay. We are delighted that your experience at the hotel was good. Many thanks for your kind comments posted on Trip Advisor!

We have shared your points about the buffet at the Silk Road with our management and associates and you may be glad to know that next month the culinary team will be presenting exceptional seafood on Tuesdays and Barbeques on Wednesdays.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your helpful feedback.

Mr. Aurelio Giraudo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmiyah
Radisson Blu Hotel, Kuwait
#9 of 69 in Kuwait City
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
#11 of 69 in Kuwait City

Been to The Regency Kuwait? Share your experiences!