“Great business stay but not one for leisure”
Review of The Regency Kuwait

The Regency Kuwait
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Salmiyah
wiltshire
“Great business stay but not one for leisure”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This is a large opulent hotel with great comfortable rooms and marble bathrooms but is mainly frequented by non Europeans. Breakfasts are amazing with a huge choice of items and a chef to cook your eggs to order. Tea and coffee are served from jugs but as mentioned in another review the tea is generally 'stewed'. Service is variable and overall not as attentive and friendly as it should be. As a business traveller I would highly recommend this hotel but for the fact that ladies are obliged to wear shorts and T-shirts whether sunbathing or swimming and whilst there is a ladies pool this was too often closed during my stay due to private functions.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear lyd,
We are delighted that you chose to stay at The Regency and we are grateful for your comments posted on tripadvisor.com as we constantly strive to develop and improve based on the comments of our guests.
We note your comment regarding the swimming pool but kindly note that The Regency is recognised as a Sharia’a compliant hotel. The Ladies’ Lounge will open its new season on April 1st where you can sunbath, swim, enjoy the beach in complete privacy.
Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Regency very soon.

Mr. Aurelio Giraudo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have been here for 2 nights for a business conference.
Everything was excellent!
The room, conference and hotel facilities and services were excellent.
I got a Deluxe room.
The room was well furnished and very comfortable, the executive lounge was tip top, very nice food and service.
The buffet breakfast and lunch were awesome and the pool offered a nice relaxing atmosphere throughout the stay.

The Lobby it's spacious, and one of the best I have seen

Will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Deluxe Room, really superb, my preferred choice.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing The Regency for your stay. We have noted your very kind and positive comments, for which we are very grateful.

We have shared your kind praise with all senior management and respected associates.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Regency!

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The hotel it self is very nice as per the loby , terrace , restaurants and pool but my experience with the room and the price was very bad . I booked a standard room which was very small but also this was not a problem . The room was in the basement not the first floor as they say . The first floor is actually a basement . The balcony was a box shaped with a a huge wall facing the window so there was no sun or light can enter the room . so it is not acceptable form such a hotel to put rooms in the basement , this could be a storage area, a spa , a gym , anything but a guest room . as for the price variation it was a disaster . we were 3 couples each one of us took the room with a different price some took a deluxe room with a see view with 75 KWD ( they made the reservation through the hotel website ) and i took this terrible room located in the basement with 90 KWD ( reservation through agoda) although i checked the hotel website and i didn't find this cheap price my friend had . the staff are not friendly at all with the kids and i saw a girl from the staff telling a mother to make her baby stop crying out loud and in the restaurant the waiters were not friendly with kids at all . the hotel has mainly Arab guests as it is alcohol free and has a private pool for ladies only. the breakfast was good but the tea was very bad as tea pots were not fresh .

Room Tip: avoid first floor standard rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Ms. Rebecca,

We note your comment regarding the room location and the price we are regretting the inconvenience caused. This comment is already addressed to the management and action will be taken accordingly.

We have also taken note of the comment regarding our associates and we will do our utmost to see how we can improve and develop this area as we are well known for our popularity with families and will take immediate action to ensure that this is not repeated.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We spent two days in Recency Kuwait  and it was absolutely wonderful. The rooms were extremely spacious, immaculately maintained, great bed, quiet and had all the extras.

We could not have asked for better service from the staff. They were extremely attentive, helpful, friendly and efficient. Nothing was too much for them and the way they went about their duties made you feel so special.

The breakfast was buffet style with a very wide selection of food and beverages. Everything was fresh and the cooking was to perfection. I gained at least 2 kilos while there.

We cannot speak highly enough about our experience in the Regency Kuwait  and it is to be highly recommended as an ideal location to stay if visiting for business Kuwait.
Ps. Ask for Diplomatic Suite and you will have all the comfort you desire

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Diplomatic Suite
Dear Mrs. Liza,
Thank you for your excellent review on tripadvisor.com. We have noted your very kind and positive comments, for which we are very grateful.

We have shared your kind praise with all senior management and associates.

Thank you for putting forward your review, we are very grateful for your kind compliments and are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Regency very soon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed for a weekend and the stay overall was not bad. But there are some points that didnt meet my expectation from such a luxurious hotel.

* The rooms are excellent 9/10.
* The bed 10/10.
* Free WiFi hotel wide. 9/10
* Food is good 8/10
* Price is OK. 8/10
* Location is very close to town. 8/10.
* Staff and service 8/10.

Things which didnt meet my expectations:
* There is no swimming in the beach, that is if you can call it a back to begin with.
* The value parking outside the hotel...there is many pigeons around pooping on your car! I cannot start my day with pigeon poop all over my car! Gotta do something about it.
* They gave me a connected room where the room next to me had family and kids. So didnt let me sleep peacefully. Shouldnt that be taken into consideration when you give your guest a connected room? I mean this is not Holiday Inn. I didnt change the room cause i had one night only so didnt feel like going through the pain of packing and unpacking.

I didt try any other hotels in Kuwait so I cant compare to other hotels in the area. But the bottom line this hotel is a good option, good value, so I wouldnt mind staying again in my next visit.

Ciao!

Room Tip: Rooms can be very very from the elevator so chose carefully. The back view is awful. So if are the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear “Iamnael”,

We are very grateful for your very kind comments posted on Trip Advisor!

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed by a few points: the notice that does not permit swimming in the sea, is in fact enforced by Kuwait Municipality who have concerns regarding the water quality along the coast specifically where we (and a few other hotels) are located. However we are hoping the Municipality will relax the enforcement in the next months. We do of course have two main pools for your swimming pleasure, and indeed we have a Ladies’ Lounge with a pool and café exclusively for our female guests.

We are fortunate to have extensive parking and maybe the valets put the car in a spot under the porte-cochere arch where birds stay. next time please specify the parking spot in the front of the hotel and this may avoid the problem! We are already aware of the mess caused by the birds and have already made steps to eradicate them.

Lastly, We do regret the noise caused by the neighbouring room, please do note you may at any time, call the Duty Manager to ask that he speaks to them about noise levels, it is all part of our service!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was my first trip to Kuwait. Blown away by the service and hospitality. As an expat living in Amsterdam, I've grown to expect a lack of service across the board at restaurants and hotels, so this was a great surprise. The room was very clean, bed was super comfortable, nice hotel amenities - great poll and good food. Would come back again. My only small complaint, of which I could have solved myself, but didn't bother - was my room location (on the 1st floor). It had poor cellular and wifi reception, so I spent most of my time working/communicating from the lobby.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 1st floor for better wifi and cell service.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor on March 10, 2013. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel!

We do note your comment regarding the first floor Wi-Fi and we will do our best to remedy this.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I like the hotel in general, the breakfast buffe was lovely.
Room service was poor and late all the time, and they doesn't pick up when you call!
It would be nice if they had a water heater in the room.
Use booking to make a reservation, it cheaper than reserving from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear Aalghaith,

Thank you for the valuable comments on Trip Advisor. We noted your very kind and positive comments, for which we are very grateful.

We have also noted that you encountered some problems with room service and we have shared these comments with the management and associates concerned. we are confident this will not happen again.

Thank you again for your useful feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Regency!

Mr. Aurelio Giraudo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmiyah
Radisson Blu Hotel, Kuwait