“Desert Oasis” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Salmiyah
Provo, Utah
“Desert Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Regency is a gorgeous hotel. The lobby was filled with an incredible immense rose centerpiece and marble everywhere. The rooms were a bit small, but the beds were unbelievably comfortable and I wanted to steal the sheets. The buffet was the best I've had at any hotel and I ate their for breakfast and lunch and was amazed by both. The beach is beautiful and right outside the hotel, but if you are a woman you do have to use the separate pool and beach for women.
The best part about this beautiful hotel though was the amazing staff. From the drivers to the front desk, restaurant staff and housekeeping everyone was incredibly kind and accommodating and made me feel so welcome.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at The Regency.

We have shared your wonderful comments with the management and associates.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback.

Mr. Aurelio Giraudo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
vienna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

One of the very few times where I have no complaints whatsoever about my stay.
This hotel stands up to the top Hotels worldwide.
Excellent rooms, excellent food, excellent and very efficient staff.
Something clearly is being done correctly by the management.
I cannot fault this property in any way and whenever I am in Kuwait I will stay here.

The Lobby is Grand and the pool is great.

I recommend this property Highly!

I saw the Awards on the Hotel Website and I can honestly say it deserves each an every one of them!

A big Thank you to all the staff for making this trip flawless!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Tiziano 123,

Thank you for choosing The Regency for your stay.

We are thrilled to read such a high recommendation of our hotel on Trip Advisor and wish to extend our sincere thanks to you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at this, as described in other reviews, opulent hotel, with my husband on a business trip earlier this month for 4 nights.
We both had a fantastic time and the staff was so professional and attended to our every request...I felt like a princess! nothing was too much for them, they are some of the best trained staff in the country without a doubt!
Our room was very lavish and extremely clean.
Our favourite place to eat was Balsamico, I recommend this restaurant highly !
A big thank you to the staff and the management for making our stay so enjoyable!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Nicola,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you had a pleasant stay at The Regency and are delighted that you recommended Balsamico so highly.

We have shared your comments with the management and associates.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback. We are very grateful for your kind compliments.

Geneva
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business-related trip this year (2013) as well as last year. The following words can describe this hotel: opulent, luxurious, decadent, lavish. Hotel staff are professional and courteous, almost servile- but this is unfortunately typical in the service industry in the Gulf region. I did not try any of the amenities but I noted that they have segregated gyms and pools. (During my stay a Western female guest unknowingly used the main pool and was promptly asked to get out and use the female-only pool.) Heavy air freshener is used in the lobby. The buffet style meals at the main restaurant are of a high standard with a great deal of variety from starters to salads to main courses.
The room is well appointed but the lighting system is complicated. The bathroom was enormous with floor to ceiling marble, including in the shower which has a rain shower head. Do not stay here if you have the slightest concern for the environment!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review posted on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and do hope we can continue the good work.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at The Regency, Kuwait.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

HI have stayed at the Regency a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the level of service and how the rooms were appointed.
I travelled on business and the staff made me lack nothing.
My congratulations to the management of the property. This will be my home away from home when I visit Kuwait.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Regency for your stay. We are delighted that you found our hotel is perfect and fulfilled your expectations in every way.

Thank you for your kind and valuable support!

Yours,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have chosen the Regency Kuwait Hotel over Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel when I went to Kuwait to attend the Kuwait Oil & Gas Show & Conference (KOGS). The overall experience was good though I had some difficulties during the check in as the hotel entrance was locked out due to VIPs visiting the conference hall. I had to park far away & put my luggage to reach the lobby. My problem was not the VIPs & their security locking out the hotel entrance but my problem was with the hotel management or whoever represent them as they don’t seem to care. The same problem happened again the next afternoon but this time was when I tried to leave the hotel, they have refused to bring my car as the entrance was locked once again for another VIP. Overall the hotel is nice. The lobby was spacious & well decorated. Free wifi covers the entire hotel. The gym was small with no view at all but it was fine. I have checked out the Jumeirah Messilah Hotel & it took my breath. Comparing to Jumeirah, the Regency have a better location as there are many café & restaurants nearby. My Advice to the Hotel management, take care of your gusts as they might not come back again.

Room Tip: the lobby is at level 2, rooms in level 1 has no view
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Maqi,

Thank you for your valuable comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

We appreciate your comments and we will certainly communicate your feelings to every level of management as it is certainly our intention to treat EVERY guest as a VIP, even during periods of high occupancy like the Kuwait Oil and Gas Show. Unfortunately you experienced a period when the surrounding roads and the entrance to the hotel were closed owing to an official visit connected to the show and we regret that for a short period you were inconvenienced as the closure of the roads and access was out of the control of the hotel. We are, however, happy regarding your overall comments of the hotel, and apart from this brief moment, we hope you enjoyed your stay. We are very grateful for bringing to our attention these matters, rest assured we shall be addressing these issues in order to continually improve and develop all our standards.

Thank you once more for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again to The Regency, Kuwait.

Bayan Lepas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I recently stayed there 3 nights for work. This is an amazing hotel. The hotel staffs are friendly from the time I walked in and checked out. Room are elegantly furnished with high quality flooring. Nice gym with friendly staffs. Fantastic food with wide choices. Although I had all the meals at the hotel for near 3 full days, I enjoyed all of them. Staffs at dining area were great. Real pleasure and enjoyable stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read your wonderful comments posted on Trip Advisor!

Thank you choosing The Regency for your stay in Kuwait. We are extremely grateful for your kind compliments and are glad that our facilities and services have met your expectations.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon at The Regency!

Yours,

Mr. Aurelio Giraudo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmiyah
Radisson Blu Hotel, Kuwait
Movenpick Hotel & Resort Al Bida'a Kuwait
JW Marriott Hotel Kuwait City
JW Marriott Hotel Kuwait City
#13 of 69 in Kuwait City

Been to The Regency Kuwait? Share your experiences!