“Amazing”

The Regency Hotel Kuwait
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Salmiyah
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We had put weeding there :) it was the greatest, the rooms are really clean location convenient close to Salmiya where all the malls and most of the entertainment attractions, food was great really tasty. over all great experience

• Stayed: April 2013
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Serar,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful time at The Regency. Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to The Regency.

Yours,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Regency Kuwait is a very nice place, clean with a wonderful beach view, every place in the is well-designed and carefully placed in a beautiful manner, with a lovely fragrance found in every where. All are welcoming and friendly and the room is tidy with highly comfortable comfortable bed. The restaurant were very delicious and highly suited, with luxurious buffet. According to my experience, it is the best hotel I ever visited before.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review posted on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and do hope we can continue the good work.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at The Regency, Kuwait.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

From my 3 room bathroom, to my big comfortable bed, and substantial breakfast - all was excellent.

There were many pluses in the hotel.

The room I had in the hotel was large and extremely comfortable, and faced the pool area.
The bathroom was wonderful, with a large soaker tub, and walk in shower with a 4-foot (1.3 m) marble bench, and rain and soaker showers.

The bed room was very comfortable with a kingsize bed, chaise lounge and nice desk for working.

The flat-screen TV had a large selection of channels.

There is a large closet with a safe, and bathrobes.

There was a rather confusing set of electronic controls by the bed that controlled all the lights in the room - sort of. The controls seemed to have some sort of memory of what you did last so pushing the same button didn't always lead to the same response. I found the easiest thing to do was go back to the door and pull out the room key that activated the lights, and re-set everything.

There is a nice gym, and a separate one for the ladies that I don't know about. But the men's gym has a nice set of state-of-the-art equipment, although there is a shower and lockers to put clothes, there isn't a change room, which made it a bit confusing how to traverse to hotel appropriately attired to work out. The other thing that I wasn't familiar with is that the hotel is "Sharia" and appropriate dress is expected, including in the gym. I wasn't sure what this meant, but apparently men aren't supposed to show skin between the knee and navel, so short shorts are apparently out. The arab folks seemed to wear track pants - so I guess that is appropriate attire, and gets around the problem of walking through the hotel after workout.

There is no indoor pool, and the outdoor pool was closed for the winter, but it is worth noting that this might not be the best resort hotel for western couples. If women wish to use the outdoor pool they are expected to wear sharia swim wear, which means clothed from head to toe. No lying around in your bikini here with your husband, or family. That said, there is a "ladies lounge" and private beach, where men are prohibited, and ladies can apparently dress as they wish.

There have been comments regarding the lack of coffee in the rooms, and the fact that it is available in the executive lounge. The executive lounge is very nice, and yes there is coffee, and snacks, but when I asked if I could take my coffee back to the room I was told "No", if I wanted coffee in my room it would have to be ordered through room service. That was disappointing, as I just wanted to have a cup of coffee while working at my desk.

Finally, the food: for breakfast, it was more than substantial, with a cook to make custom omelets, and a wide variety of other foods. Overall, it was excellent, although some things like pancakes and waffles are sitting out and dry. The buffet selection at dinner was also excellent, with a variety of steaks and seafood cooked to order. The preparation was very basic, but still tasty.

Overall - suited my needs better than fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Curt99
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Regency for your stay and for your posting on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that overall you had a enjoyable stay at the hotel. The Regency, as a Sharia’a compliant hotel, requests guests to follow the attire which is in line with the Sharia’a tradition. We apologize if this was not explained upon check in, but shorts are not an issue, especially within the gym or around the hotel as long as they are not deemed to be revealing or offensive.

There is no reason why, should you wish to have coffee taken back to your room from the Executive Lounge (or any other outlet), that this should not be available to you. We have immediately addressed this with our team members.

Thank you for offering us your valuable feedback in all areas and hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Regency in the near future to show you how your comments have been acted upon and will help us further improve our service.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Regency Kuwait great place for every one , have great accessibility, nice, clean and quite beach view, every place in the hotel have special touch with love.
i love the smell of the whole hotel , it give me great memory of love (mixed lemon and roses)
all people are welcoming and helpful , friendly and highly professional in every thing.
room size is great , bed are amazing and pillow too. bathroom very special.
very very very clean
i highly recommended for all .. family , couples , Haney Moon and Businessman
only waiting to open the SPA .... it will be more than perfect.

thank you soo much to have such place

Room Tip: see view was great on the 5th floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you had a great time at the hotel and ranked it so highly.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to The Regency.

Yours,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel is eccellent, clean and wonderful. I suggest that everyone that visit Kuwait stays in the Regency Hotel. The GM is always available and ready to assist you at any time.
Thank you very much Regency Hotel, I will try to come back as soon as possible!!!!!
Fs

Stayed: February 2014
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Filippo,

Thank you for your kind review posted on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel. Thank you for offering us your valuable feedback.

We hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to The Regency.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have been staying with my wife and my kids @ regency,nice hotel with excellent view from the lobby terrace very nice stuff and all reception are welcoming specially ayman from tunisia very friendly personality he didn't make late upon the checkin,rate little bit hight but the room was clean with good furniture,I hope I will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Zarl,

Thank you for choosing The Regency for your stay and for your kind review posted on Trip Advisor.

We have shared your wonderful comments with Mr. Ayman Moureghi, the management and associates. Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback and we do hope we can continue the good work.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to The Regency

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at The Regency hotel for a couple of nights I can just about say that it is one of the better hotels in Kuwait but that is not saying much.
Starting at the check-in we were checked in by an Egyptian employee whose name escapes me. This gentleman was not as welcoming as I had anticipated I would be. The manner with which he handled my check-in was borderline rude, he did not welcome us, and demanded our documents rather than request them. It was like we were dealing with a government employee. He then made us sign a document entitling the hotel to kick us out at their own discretion, which I duly signed due to the fact that I was with my wife and did not want to cause a scene.
The bell boy who was carrying our luggage as well as the valet drivers were much more helpful and curteous than the afore mentioned person at check-in.
The lobby was huge and beautiful. The rooms while pretty were a bit on the small size but the bathroom was rather large when compared to the room. The room service food was delicious.
At check-out we were received by a person by the name of Dino who was great at servicing us even though he sounded a bit desperate in trying to get us to return.
Now to the important part, my wife forgot her jewellery in the room. We didnt realize that they were missing until I received a call from the hotel informing us that we had forgotten them. So I would like to thank Mr. Priya Raj for returing them.
If it wasnt for Mr. Raj, I would have been a very disgruntled guest. So management has him to thank if I were to return again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Ahmed,

Thank you for choosing The Regency for your stay and for the review on Trip Advisor.

We are sorry to notice that you were disappointed and understand that your room was not as large as per your expectation, however to advise we have various type of rooms from superior to large suites, fully equipped and at different rates.

Thank you for your kind compliments towards our associates Dino from the reception and Mr. Prajapati Rai from Housekeeping.

We have addressed your concerns to the management and hope on your next visit you will find a change. Thank you for offering us your valuable feedback and hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Regency in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Aurelio Giraudo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmiyah
Radisson Blu Hotel, Kuwait
Safir Hotel and Residences Kuwait
Holiday Inn Kuwait
Holiday Inn Kuwait
#10 of 70 in Kuwait City

Been to The Regency Hotel Kuwait? Share your experiences!