“Nice Place to Stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Noord
Lakeview, Michigan
“Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Caribbean Palm Village has many things to offer those who want to stay away from the crowded High Rise District. I loved the fact that you were only minutes from a beach when you wanted to go there. The Resort so has many things to offer. The activities each day, the great pools, the ability to call a taxi for us considering we seem to have problems with that! One of the best things they offer is the Great Sweet Peppers Restaurant. The food and atmosphere is terrific. My husband would have been continent to just stay there and never leave to see the Island. It has more older people staying there but everyone is so very friendly and a joy to get to know. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I loved our ground floor facing the pool. There was noise from upstairs and down the hall but that i...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoriJones55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Westport, Ma.
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We have been coming here as owners for 23 yrs. We love it here. Much more relaxing than the crowded hotel beaches, but we also have activities going on all day long if you want to participate. They also supply a van ride to three different beaches daily if you do not have a rental car.
The place is kept clean inside and out. The units are large and comfortable and everyone is friendly and willing to help with whatever you might need. Two salt water pools to enjoy, plus a gym and spa onsite. The restaurant is open all day and into the night.
We had friends come down for one week and they fell in love with place. They bought multiple weeks to share with family and friends. This is deeded property, so you own it for life and can pass it along to you children. It's hard to find a better piece of paradise than here at CPVR.

Room Tip: As most places, the best rooms are poolside.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GaryWestport_Ma_
Acushnet, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Wonderful friends of ours introduced us to this awesome place. They have been vacationing here for over 25 years and own at the resort. I cannot say enough positive things about CPVR!! From the moment we stepped onto the resort to the moment we left we were treated like family and they were always out to make your stay as pleasant and carefree as possible. All facets of this A+++++ resort are geared to make your stay as relaxing or as action packed as you wish it to be. All employees have a heart of gold!
The atmosphere is so island like from the buildings inside and out to the grounds with its palm trees. The rooms are worth a huge hurray!!! We will definitely be coming back, year after year as we have decided to own as well!!!!
A Franco

Room Tip: Try different floors each time you go. We were in a corner 3rd floor suite. Quiet and awesome views...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anita F
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This resort has heart! From the beautiful Caribbean buildings to the friendly people that work here, CPVR has it all. The rooms are huge and the new kitchens and showers are AWESOME! I wanted to bring the shower home with me! The resort has done a wonderful job at updating the suites. I was very impressed. We have been going for many years and it just keeps getting better. To those with the negative comments, you must be unhappy people no matter where you go. Just walking into the front gates leaves me with a permanent smile on my face. Sadia, Debby, Farley are just a few of the wonderful people there that CARE!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank hammockdoll
Luray, Virginia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We just returned from a beautiful sunny vacation at this lovely relaxing resort. February 22 to March 1. The setting is island like, mediterranean style garden units with palm trees surrounding the two swimming pools.. The photos did not do it justice. Good amenities: restaurant, bar, gym, shuttle to beach, towels, laundry mat, clean pools and hot tubs and activities directors to book excursions and dinners for you. I was a little worried with the “nursing home” comment from a previous review. The guests were a mix of snow birds along with their young families and toddlers. Everyone was kind, friendly yet nonintrusive. The resort was to full capacity yet did not feel crowded.

The mattresses were hard but manageable. In the morning you could hear loud plumbing sounds from people taking showers at 7 am.

For me, the biggest drawback was not seeing the ocean though we knew that with our last minute booking which we were very grateful to have using our timeshare. If you are a pool person you will be happy as a lark as many guests obviously were. We often walked back to and from the beach (25 minutes) though the resort shuttle bus was very handy but not always convenient. I would like to see them include an additional beach drop-off to a snorkeling beach such as Boca Catalina. They have two stops now; Mumba/ Pelican which are beside each other on Palm Beach in the high rise section and Eagle Beach on the low rise section. The latter was our preferred beach. Quieter and much wider sand beach. On the last day we took a bus to Boca Catalina to snorkel. It was the best!!! The water was calm, clear turquoise color with small swimming coves and lots of fish to view from shore.

Tennis players: the court is playable... It is a concrete base with a good net and large surrounding area around the court. There were thin cracks and in need of a top coat of paint, safe to play yet such a pity to see it neglected. You can borrow rackets with $10 deposit each from the activity center which is open from 9 to 5. Bring your own tennis balls as theirs were flat and old. I'd bring rackets too as it is inconvenient to keep returning them. Nice breeze, did not feel too hot playing plus they have night lights as well.

There are a number of restaurants and convenient stores within walking distance. A car would have been nice but none available this time of year as stated in previous review unless we wanted to pay double or rent a van.

Best dinner experience for us: La Trattoria beside the lighthouse. It was a breath taking garden setting with view of the surround ocean.

We would go back to Caribbean Palm if unable to book a beach front unit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank nadineVa
cambridge ontario canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few days now at this resort/timeshare which we rented online. I would have given this place a 3.5 but wasn't available. This place is not on the beach and a good 10 minute car ride. The pools here are very nice and it is very clean here lots of loungers and sit up chairs with table which is nice. No chair fights here and no long towel line ups. Our unit unfortunately has dirt in front of it and being windy here is blowing the dirt around. Have to clean table daily outside. The inside of the unit is dated and is in need of a facelift especially the kitchen area. The unit is very spacious. I had read some reviews about hard beds and it is very true. I hardly slept first night! I called front desk and the housekeeping came with serial pads for the bed. Much better but beware and get your bed fixed up before you need a massage. Also I was told to bring a hairdryer but the have them on the wall but they do not provide you with shampoo and conditioner just bar soap. Probably won't be back here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cindy w
Miller Place, New York
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and two sons, ages 7 and 9, went here with my mother-in-law because she has time share here and has gone every year for 15 years. The place itself is not bad. The grounds are clean, the rooms are big, the restaurant is ok and the people that work there are very nice. My problems all stem from the other guests. WARNING, if you have young children that want to do anything more than sit down and be quiet, DON'T STAY HERE.

My mother-in-law is in her 60's,and she is probably one of the younger people there. Now I have nothing against seniors, but they had a problem with my sons, my wife and me from the start. This is a time-share and most of these people have been coming for as long as my mother-in-law has. They think of it as their second home. There lies the problem. After the very first day of being told by the "residents" where we could sit by the pool, being berated by a woman because I apparently sat in her "usual" seat, that my sons couldn't go in the hot tub or play volleyball, or splash in the pool, or have a catch in the pool, and hearing several comments that my kids are too loud (they are boys, but they are good kids), I took my family and left the pool not to return. We went to the Holiday Inn pool and hung out there for the week where there is a kid pool and lots of other kids running around. It's also right on the water which is nice.

If you are over 60 with no small kids, then you may like this place because the rooms are very large and the place is quiet. But like I said above, if you have young kids, go somewhere else. Also, the Wi-Fi only works if you are standing by the office, and the beds are pretty hard.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank cashoutmon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noord
Paradera Park Aruba
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Caribbean Palm Village Resort? Share your experiences!