“Make this your Aruban Home”
Review of My Aruban Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noord
My Aruban Home
Ranked #4 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Noord
“Make this your Aruban Home”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My Aruban Home is one of the nicest places you can stay on the island. If you are looking to be in a quite, relaxing area, away from all of the major hotels and tons of tourist, then this is the place for you. The owners Robert and Judith are some of the most hospitable people I have ever met. They work with the customer to insure that they feel at home during their stay. Every moring Robert greeted us with a smile and asked if we needed anything. Take advantage of all the wonderful amenities and advice they have to offer while you are there. They will try thier best to make your stay as perfect as possible. Details are very important to them and none of them went un-noticed. If you find yourself in Aruba make it a point to make My Aruban Home, your Aruban home during your vacation, you wont regret it!

Thanks Robert, Judith and Chika,

Much gratitude,

Luigi and Rosie

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great location. Well set up. Very friendly and knowledgeable host.
My wife and I were more into diving and exploring the island than getting drunk on a beach so it was great to be away from the high rises, but close enough to good restaurants.

If it's available I would suggest you book it quickly as you can see from the reviews it appears very popular

Highly recommend! Thanks Robbie

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Yorktown, VA
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at My Aruban Home in early May 2014. From the beginning through email communication Robert and Judith provided helpful information, which eased any anxieties I had about getting there or choosing this location. As everyone else has written, Robert picked us up from the airport. He was friendly and provided lots of helpful information about the island on our "tour" to the grocery store. He picked a great grocery store too by the way! Lots of great Dutch products. Robert continued driving us around the island, and pointed out areas that we specifically expressed interest in before we arrived, such as snorkeling. They really want to know what you want out of your vacation so they can provide about it for you.

Once at My Aruban Home the first thing you notice is the grounds-beautiful outdoor areas and plants/flowers. We ended up getting upgraded to the bigger suite, as ours was being renovated, which was a lucky bonus! The room was clean and cozy, and well appointed with all of the things you need for your stay. The kitchen was stocked with all the cooking amenities you would need to make meals. There were plenty of bath towels, and having beach towels to use was a big help. They provide a bottle of wine, sodas, and fresh flowers too. Nice touch. I especially liked having laundry services onsite as well as a clothes line to hang towels and suits on at the end of each day.

We didn't get a chance to meet Judith, who was out of the country. We saw Cheka only a few times, as she was always busy doing something around the property. We had plenty of privacy and we never felt encroached upon, but at the same time if we needed anything we knew Robert or Cheka were just a phone call away. In fact, we called Robert a few times and he was always more than willing to be of assistance to us. You are treated like more than a guest-and the trust we felt was different from any other place I have ever stayed on vacation.

We utilized Robert's 4x4 which I highly recommend. It was a great deal, and he was very generous in allowing us to use it for 3 of our 5 days on the island. The location of the house is great-close to the beach and the great snorkel spots. We walked to the beach and used the bikes they provide on one of the days. I'll admit though, riding the bikes was tough when going against the wind, as it is very "breezy" in beautiful Aruba. I would definitely recommend having a car to get around. It just makes things easier, which is what we wanted on vacation.

In closing, Robert is a great ambassador for Aruba, and My Aruban Home is a great choice, hands-down. If you are the kind of person who values peace, calm, and privacy but also wants to be near attractions to go to as you want this is the place for you. You can tell Robert loves Aruba, and he and Cheka (we wish we could have met Judith) really make you love it too!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
simcoe
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Recently my sister and I had the pleasure of travelling to fabulous Aruba and chose My Aruban
Home as our accommodation. This was the best decision ever from the moment we met Robert
at the airport to our time of departure. Our apartment was immaculate and fully equipped with
every appliance invented and a few other perks which I will leave as a surprise for you when you
visit! The attentive service always given with a warm smile and interesting conversation made us
feel as if we have known Robert and Judith forever. Do not hesitate to choose My Aruban Home
It rivals any 5 star resort in many ways.

Pat and Denise from Ontario

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hartford, Vermont
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We just returned from a wonderful, relaxing week at My Aruban Home. Robert and Judith are wonderful hosts and will go out of their way to meet your needs. We enjoyed the home like atmosphere and spent most of our time in the outdoor areas they provide. As others have said, you will be picked up at the airport then taken to a great Dutch supermarket to pick up groceries. Robert gave us a quick tour of the area pointing out restaurants and good snorkeling areas Upon our arrival, we found drinks in the refrigerator as well as wine and a vase of flowers. We used the bikes, snorkeling gear, beach chairs and Robert's jeep. The apartment has just about anything you need- a well stocked kitchen, beach towels, hair dryer, ironing board and iron and even the use of a cell phone. The location is in a nice neighborhood but within walking distance to the beach. We did have the jeep which enabled us to go all over the island but a vehicle is not necessary.I would recommend My Aruban Home to anyone who wants a vacation where you feel more like a local and family member rather than a tourist. I plan on returning next year for a month.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed the month, very comfortable, clean, good location, felt like home. Robert, Judith and Cheka were all wonderful, truly like family. Safe location, we rented a car, even though we love to walk, but like to Casino hop in the evening. Looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The owners said they would pick us up at the airport when our plane landed and Judith was right on time. This was a bonus and saved us having to deal with taxis since we weren't renting a car. She also took us for groceries which was very helpful. Robert was away during our stay so we only met Judith. She was delightful, friendly, and very helpful. Our apartment had a full kitchen, living room with TV, bedroom with TV and lots of storage space, a large modern bathroom that had a large mirror that was well lit, and it was all super clean. The housekeeper was constantly cleaning and mopping the patio areas. There was a safe in our bedroom plus a vase of fresh flowers. Judith had provided a bottle of wine, some sodas, and a couple bottles of the local beer upon our arrival. Towels were exchanged anytime we asked. The property is located one block inland form the Ritz Carlton and the Marriott as well as the beaches. It was an easy walk to several restaurants along the beach. We also became quite familiar with everything on the north end of the island. The bus stop was near the Marriott, and it was a fast and easy trip down to the city or any other place along that side of the island. The property location was very quiet. We never heard the others staying there. My Aruban Home will be our first choice of places to stay when we go back to Aruba in two years.

Room Tip: The apartment was spacious and comfortable.