“Best place to stay in Aruba, My home away from home…”
Review of Aruba Blue Village

Aruba Blue Village
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Noord
Willemstad, Curacao
“Best place to stay in Aruba, My home away from home…”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed at the Aruba Blue Village Hotel & Apartments on July 20 till July 27 2013. This is our second time to stay in this hotel. This hotel is away from the crowds, congestion and noise. Very peaceful but still close enough to any place you want to go, including the high-rise hotel area. Two pools were clean and free Wi-Fi on the premises.
The management and staff answered all of our questions and directed us to many great spots to visit around the island. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The area is quiet and safe... Highly recommend!
We had a great time in Aruba.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank faissal a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Paramaribo, Suriname
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We just spent 7 nights in this hotel and it was good. I stayed in other hotels which are better but the tranquility of the place makes me so feel at home. The place is not so busy the whole day because guests go out also. It has two clean pools. The room is wide and spacious but all inside is simple. Some things are not provided but still livable. However, to stay here you need to rent a car because its quite away from the town. Every other day housekeeping was just fine for us because we also know to clean the room. The staff are nice and friendly!!! The rate is cheap which is good for budget conscious like me. My over all assessment, i will go back again to Blue village!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Edwira R
Oranjestad, null, Aruba
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I'm a local and they treat me and my family like a thief and told me to save energy and water. Turn lights off . They don't allow you to cook in the room or eat or bring food in the room.
I booked for 6 nights and I stayed for 4 nights. they are un friendly .........
the service was bad, they don't clean the room, you can not receive visitors. They accuse me for breaking things in the room which it was not true.
Since day one, they didn't want to gave my deposit back so we left leaving the money of deposit and from the 2 night. I am going to the minister of tourist. please share with others this message.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Janitza A

Travellers are raving about these Noord hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I recently stayed at the Aruba Blue Village (ABV) and will never stay here again. Which negative point to begin with, there are so many...

1. Let's start with location. It sucks. Their website shows beach pictures, but the ABV is in a residential neighborhood about a mile from the beach. One day I walked to Eagle Beach, the nearest, and it took about 30 minutes, each way. Also the bar/restaurant at the ABV is only open in the afternoon (as is the excellent and completely unassociated restaurant next door to the ABV) so forget about getting breakfast here. Nearest store is a 20-minute walk away. The lack of amenities and isolation of this place make you feel like you are being held hostage.

2. The room. My room, had a "double" bed which consisted of two homemade wooden cots that had been shoved together. The old sheet and thin bed spread were too small to cover this contraption so you spend the whole night trying to arrange the bedding so it covers you. The lighting in the room was such low wattage you could barely see. The "reading light" clamped to the head of the bed was too dim to actually read by. I had to use the flashlight app in my iPhone to read at night. The room came with only two extremely linty towels and no soap.

3. Service. Ha! I stayed four nights and they never cleaned the room or bathroom. They did come in one day to remove one of the two towels I had. I guess they thought two towels for four days was too extravagant.

4. Staff. For some reason, the staff treats you like you are trying to rip them off. I paid for my room ahead of time, so I'm not sure how that would be possible, just part of their hospitality, I guess. When I checked out, they dashed to my room to make sure I had not trashed it (I'm a 50-year old teacher) before they would let me leave. Very insulting. Also, I ate dinner there one night with some friends. We ate, paid the bill, and left. The next day, the woman came up to me and said I had not paid for four beers. Huh?? I protested but since I did not have a bill ( we just told them what we had had when we paid the night before) I had no defense, so had to pay AGAIN, for the beers. To top it off when I went to the airport they called a "cab". The "cab" was an unmetered van driven by one of their relatives who charged me a flat rate that was more than a cab would have cost.

Avoid this place. You come to Aruba to relax and enjoy the beach and to be treated well. None of this is possible at the Aruba Blue Village.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
14 Thank SK5813
Vegarshei Municipality, Norway
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Aruba is a very expensive place, and if you are a single traveller, like me, you usually have to pay for the number of beds in the room at your hotel. And most rooms has at least two beds. The only place I could find, where I only paid for one person, even if I had a doubble room, was at Blue Village. And I loved it! Nice pools, restaurant, a little shop and a friendly atmosphere.
Nearby there where shops and different kind of places to eat and drink. The Eagle Beach was like a twenty minutes walk away, and from the beach there where buses to go to Oranjestad or so. Security where present at night, and that might be the reason why it was so peaceful every night, during my two weeks stay. If I ever go back to the happy iland of Aruba, I will stay at Blue Village, -no doubt about that!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Ruth L
minnesota/usa
Reviewed 17 November 2012

nice clean small sized aruba resort....polite and friendly staff....a very good bang for your buck....good idea to get yourself a rental car when staying here, but that's a good idea just in itself in order to see the island, taxi rates have become a poor value...blue village has 2 very well kept swimming pools......a well lit up parking area with security.....good showers with good water pressure.....very clean housekeeping.....mini kitchen and close to grocery stores.....a small full bar and eating area that serves several dishes and again at a good value.
My stay was for 1 month and felt very much at home......if you prefer a smaller sized resort over some of the giants at a fraction of that cost then give the blue village a try... i enjoyed my stay.....be kind to others and the favor will be returned.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dadx2
w
Reviewed 28 October 2012

was a nice place very quiet for some good rest not alot of activities but its good for peace and quiet. you have 2 different pools to choose from, theres a small bar and restaurant u can buy nice hamburgers or small food and something to drink. went to the beach some days was pretty hot but nice beaches clean and white sand. theres not so much rooms there. id go back if i ever go to aruba again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Daniel V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noord
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,254 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,943 reviews
Coconut Inn
Coconut Inn
#4 of 4 in Noord

Been to Aruba Blue Village? Share your experiences!