“Please stay away”
Review of Aruba Blue Village

Aruba Blue Village
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Noord
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I visited Aruba and stayed at this hotel from Jan 14, 2014 to Jan 23 2014. Tried to leave earlier but could not get a refund..its their policy.

PROS:
The external areas(garden and pool) are not bad at all.

CONS:
1: The room was horrible. I saw 2 cockroaches(huge ones). Took pictures. Lots of flies.
2: Hot water could not be controlled..the handle was missing. So we showered in coldish water.
3: The manager. Could not find my deposit blank credit card. Told her I was not gonna leave until I get it. She found it.
4: They will not refund money if u pay in advance. So be careful.

Conclusion this is not the place to go to. Complaints were met with excuses. The weather for the cockroaches

Room Tip: Book before u go. We were pressured because we had to hustle last minute when in Aruba
Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
19  Thank Ronnie S

Reviewed 17 January 2014

How can I start? I am half American and half Dutch and I stayed in this hotel last December 2013 thru a tour operator.. This Hotel is disgusting...the place is very remote and there are cockroaches and ants and lizards and iguanas living with you inside the room. What an experience!!!!! When we stayed a lot of people especially Dutch were complaining because of no housekeeping service, no changing of bed lines, towels are dark and ugly. Rooms are with cracks and they just repainted it but still you see a lot of cracks in the room.

Housekeeping ladies dont have customer service and obviously they do not like their job. Even frontdesk is disgusting service. The hotel is being managed by a Chinese lady who I think is married to a Dutch man. According to previous post the name is MALI and she is a disgrace to the Chinese community in Aruba. I've been coming to Aruba for quite sometime now because of the cold climate in my own country but with my experience in this hotel, I don't even plan to comeback to this island. Better recommend to close this hotel and change the business name …. to all tourists especially Dutch people, DONT EVER PLAN TO STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
17  Thank thom e
Reviewed 14 November 2013

the rooms are very dirty with a lot of cockroaches and mosquitoes,the bar is so noisy at night and when I saw their kitchen it was dirty too,the chinese manager named MA LI is always after money as she doesn’t want to refund my money because i cannot take this hotel anymore..!!!!

I RECOMMEND THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM TO CLOSE THIS HOTEL ALREADY!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
17  Thank jun896
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

I booked a room at ABV through Travelocity. Upon arrival, the hotel refused to acknowledge my reservation (along with those of several other guests.). They claimed that Travelocity failed to stop accepting reservations when the hotel sold out, and they accepted no responsibility at all. After arguing for an hour, they allowed me to have a staff room. Dirty sheets, infested with insects, no cleaning service whatsoever. After two nights of a five night planned stay, I fled to another, much nicer hotel.

The management sets the standard for the staff's attitude: rude and antagonistic.

The location is abysmal. There is a nice restaurant adjacent to the property, but anything else (including the beach) requires some serious hiking.

The Ministry of Tourism should close this hotel. It is a blight on the Aruban landscape.

• Stayed: December 2012
17  Thank JohnPatPsaltis
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed at the Aruba Blue Village Hotel & Apartments on July 20 till July 27 2013. This is our second time to stay in this hotel. This hotel is away from the crowds, congestion and noise. Very peaceful but still close enough to any place you want to go, including the high-rise hotel area. Two pools were clean and free Wi-Fi on the premises.
The management and staff answered all of our questions and directed us to many great spots to visit around the island. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The area is quiet and safe... Highly recommend!
We had a great time in Aruba.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank faissal a
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We just spent 7 nights in this hotel and it was good. I stayed in other hotels which are better but the tranquility of the place makes me so feel at home. The place is not so busy the whole day because guests go out also. It has two clean pools. The room is wide and spacious but all inside is simple. Some things are not provided but still livable. However, to stay here you need to rent a car because its quite away from the town. Every other day housekeeping was just fine for us because we also know to clean the room. The staff are nice and friendly!!! The rate is cheap which is good for budget conscious like me. My over all assessment, i will go back again to Blue village!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Edwira R
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I'm a local and they treat me and my family like a thief and told me to save energy and water. Turn lights off . They don't allow you to cook in the room or eat or bring food in the room.
I booked for 6 nights and I stayed for 4 nights. they are un friendly .........
the service was bad, they don't clean the room, you can not receive visitors. They accuse me for breaking things in the room which it was not true.
Since day one, they didn't want to gave my deposit back so we left leaving the money of deposit and from the 2 night. I am going to the minister of tourist. please share with others this message.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank Janitza A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noord
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Aruba Beach Villas
#1 of 1 in Malmok Beach
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Blue Village? Share your experiences!