“Nice for small kids”

Viking Amusements and Thunder Lagoon Waterpark
Reviewed 19 May 2012

This is a small, very laid back water park. It is very pricey for what is offered. We liked that it was small eough that our kids could run free (7 & 11). May not offer enough thrill for older kids. It was great on a very hot day!

1  Thank bilinsky
in 10 reviews
"tubes"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 31 January 2012

My wife and I were heading home from our vacation in Ocean City when we decided to stop in at Viking Golf in Fenwick Island, DE for some popcorn. Another couple we met in OC recommended it to us and it sure was delicious. We tried the caramel popcorn but they also have regular and other flavors. We ended up staying for a couple of hours at this smaller amusement park. We played the miniature golf and were impressed with the upkeep of the grounds and greens. We didn’t try the go-karts but it looked like the kids on there were having a blast. We did spend and hour at the water park. It was not crowed and seemed safe with all the lifeguards. It was mostly families there and I could see myself bringing my future kids one day! They have two big slides that are a lot of fun, a shorter quick slide and then tons of water props for the kids to play with. The lazy river was a big hit with my wife. We grab some pizza and ice cream at their food shops before heading back to DC. The pizza was good but the toppings were limited, but the tons of different flavors for the ice cream made up for that. We had a good time and I could see myself having a great time there with my family.

2  Thank Morfar_Z
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Excellent family locations. The waterpark has the best prices in town and it's perfect for young families. The staff is friendly and professional. You often see the same faces year after year which makes me think the staff enjoys working there. The waterpark is often less busy in the late afternoon. The miniature golf is unlimited during the day which is also a great value. They have double gokarts which enabled me to take my young son who wasn't tall enough....Big Bonus for him! Parking is free. There is a small boardwalk with the classics...burgers, beach fries, funnel cakes, Ice cream, and the most amazing caramel and kettle Popcorn. It's all there and Fenwick Island is Tax free!!!!

Reviewed 3 September 2011

We take our daughter to the Thunder Lagoon water park for a few hours one day during our trip to Fenwick Island. Its a perfect break from the beach or when you are looking to do something before checking into your hotel.

We usually opt for the 2 hour wrist band - i believe that is $16 per person over 42" tall. they have picnic tables and do not discourage you from bringing coolers in for lunch or snacks.

Generally speaking, the water park is great for kids 12 and under. Although there is enough there to keep anyone in the family entertained for a few hours.

The snack bar consists of your traditional board walk fare, pizza, fries, burgers, hot dogs, pop corn and ice cream.

In addition to the water park, there are go carts and mini-golf. we can't comment on the go carts because we didn't use them, but the mini golf is great fun for kids of all ages.

It is a great spot to please anyone in the family!

1  Thank ShaneInDC
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Let me start off by saying that if you are looking for that big, grand water park experience with many rides and slides, you will be disappointed here. But this water park is surely a cheaper, more compact and less involved water park than the one at Jolly Roger. You can get in and out in two hours or less. So take a break from the beach and visit during the afternoon or come here first thing when it opens, like we did, and not have to wait in lines. It was not crowded in the morning. I probably can't emphasize that enough. It has a good lazy river and pool areas for toddlers so they will love it. Is it small? Yes, but that is a good thing because you will not get lost and if the beach is the main reason you are in the Ocean City area and you don't want to spend all day away from the beach then this is the water park for you. Do the 2 hour pass and you will see and do everything and be back on the beach by lunchtime! The mini golf was pretty good, too. I think there are coupons for the water park and/or the mini golf.

2  Thank fawn3620