“Back again after skipping a summer!”

Fenwick Islander Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fenwick Island
Harpers Ferry, WV
“Back again after skipping a summer!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My wife and I just spent another week at the Fenwick Islander for our 1st anniversary! We decided to stay at the Islander again, as we have stayed there quite a few times over the last few years. We were in a canal view king room on the 2nd floor. The hotel is still a great deal, and overall very very well kept. The pool area is immaculate, the staff are very very friendly and it’s in a great quiet location, walking distance to some great ice-cream, movie theater , water park and some great restaurants!

Our only gripe was with the cleanliness of the bathroom. Not to sound like Anthony Melchiorri but the toilet was not clean, from the shower you could see the under rim and the shower drain was so slow that after 45 seconds in the shower your feet were underwater, I said to myself, I can fix this, a wad of TP in hand and I yanked out a long wad of slimy hair out of the drain, problem solved but it was foul!

I will definitely stay again but next time I will have to bring it to someone’s attention if I have a similar experience...

Room Tip: Canal view on the back of the hotel are quiet, if you are here for the 4th of July weekend ask for...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ilovewvmountains

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Fenwick Islander for over 15 years. Our parents both have homes at the Jersey
Shore, but we use this motel as our "go to" spot when visiting the Delaware beaches. It's a great location because it's close to everything. You can bounce back and forth from Ocean City, MD., Dewey, Bethany, Rehoboth, Lewes, etc. There's tons to do and the beach is right across the street from the motel. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean. It's always a relaxing and fun trip!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank PnRMiller
garnet valley pa
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Fenwick Island. We stayed at the Fenwick Islander because of the lower rates than anything in Ocean City. The staff was pleasant the room was in good condition and the view from the pool was pretty. We will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank nancyk_9
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Nothing fancy. A basic motel about a block from the beach. The rooms are recently rennovated, a decent size and clean. The bed linens seem new. The towels weren't great, but adequate.
The people are pleasant, the "lobby" area isn't open late into the night. Soda machines available, ice is 25 cents, a nice looking pool.
If you are looking for a basic, clean, nothing fancy place, this is it. The price can't be beat.

Room Tip: There are three floors, so keep in mind there is no elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank allnew
Woodbury, NJ
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Fenwick Island is a sleepy little beach town in DE just before you cross over into Ocean City, MD. The Fenwick Islander Motel is a classic beach motel that sits on a canal (bayside) with the ocean a block away. Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable. Our 2nd floor room had a balcony facing the street, but we never heard any street noise. Of course we were there off-season, so there really wasn't much traffic. Could be different in season. Our room had a microwave and fridge, but no coffeemaker. They do brew coffee in the lobby, but not early enough for us! There is a Royal Farms store across the street if, like us, you need coffee first thing in the morning. The pool area is very nice and well kept and sits right on the canal - just beautiful. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebbaJoy
Washington DC metro area
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Fenwick Island is a land lost in time, and the Fenwick Islander Motel reflects that atmosphere.
You are neither in Ocean City nor Rehobeth or Bethany, but someplace in between.

The Islander is great for families with middlin' age kids:
Need to cross a busy road to get to the beach.
Teens love it because of proximity of the board walk in O.C.

The staff is so nice. The place is clean, though not much more than serviceable,
but for the reasonable rates, you can't beat it. Get a room with a canal view and you really feel like you have made an escape for a few days.

Room Tip: Canal Views on rear of building.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have been coming here for 6 years now and I highly recommend it! I always stay the first week in July for a couple days. They price is usually lower then the other motels/ hotels around. Its very close to the beach, right across the highway, in walking distance. It has a clean pool and very friendly staff. One year I got there earlier then the check in and they told us our room wouldn't be ready for at least 1 1/2- 2 hours, so we drove around and went to the beach and when we came back it still wasn't ready so they gave us a different room. I've never had problems here always good. They even remembered me when I came back a year later! I highly recommend Fenwick Islander Motel!!

• Stayed July 2012
#36 of 103 in Ocean City
Comfort Inn Gold Coast
Comfort Inn Gold Coast
#34 of 103 in Ocean City

Been to Fenwick Islander Motel? Share your experiences!