Open today: 09:00 - 21:00

Book in advance
from
£98.81
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Perito Moreno Glacier
from £98.81
from £80.18
from £66.41
from £315.86
6,694 results
All reviews el calafate mini trekking the bus boat ride south america ice argentina glacier lake perito aventura viewing balconies size hike alaska scale
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2016

So I decided to do this as a last minute option since I went to visit friends in Buenos Aires and wanted to do something a little adventurous. I did the mini trek which I booked from Tripadvisor via Viator. I have nothing bad to say about the experience or the trip, which were both incredible...except I was a little perplexed by the cost! Which in itself isn't bad until you find out that compared to the local price, you were might have been a bit ripped off. Now I booked via Viator (or tripadvisor) the trip cost $220 (American dollars).
But if you book with a local Argentinian company Hielo y Aventura - it's $102 (American dollars)!!! More than half the price for the same experience! Not sure why? No having a dig, just would like to know why? It’s rather puzzling and maybe unfair…
Other than that an awesome experience! Thoroughly worth it.
The Trek of 1.5hrs is just enough for you to get used to wearing crampons and not getting super exhausted. The view of the Perito Moreno glacier is spectacular and it's just simply an experience you will be able to look back on with the fondest of memories.
One of the highlights of my day on the trip was first hearing the rupture of the ice, and then even more so, seeing it happen right before my eyes, not once, but twice. Incredible!!! My very happy place! :)

2  Thank Ade1972
Reviewed 21 February 2016

A simply awesome experience. The glacier is a sight to behold, immense as it connects to the South Patagonian icef fields. We got to see huge chunk calving off into the water. Sounds like cannon fire. While you get a good look from the boat, its nothing like trekking on the surface of the glacier. While its not inexpensive, it is certainly a once in a lifetime experience. Just hope the sun is shining--we had a fabulous time and have great photos

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 20 February 2016

A superb area and a well organized tour. I am not sure who the local provider is (The bus had the logo Hielo Sur and the e mail address was sayhueque.co.ar (we. booked through Viator). The guide was competent and knowlegeable. A well spent day (making it up even for a very bad hotel in El Calafate).

Reviewed 17 February 2016

It was one of the most beautiful views i had in my life. I couldn`t stop watching all that ice, like a frozen sea. From time to time, pieces of ice fell in the river, making a storm sound. Wonderful!

Reviewed 17 February 2016

Standing in front of this glacier was mesmerising! The pathways get you pretty close to it, you can see the detail in the ice, and the sound of the ice cracking is amazing.

While the price of the bus and entrance fees don't make this a cheap day it was magnificent to see. The public bus leaves way too much time to explore so keep in mind you will be sitting in the cafe for a few hours if you take this option... bring a book!

1  Thank 400wanderer