“Fantastic location and very friendly owners”

Pousada Porto de Cima
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Morro de Sao Paulo
“Fantastic location and very friendly owners”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

In a calm area, just next to the center of Morro and the beachs, perfect location, friendly Luciana gives great advice, fantastic home made breakfeast, very nice and pleasant decoration.
200% satisfied !!!!!
Tristan

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

I have not stayed at this pousada, but my boyfriend and I had dinner there and were amazed with the food, atmosphere and service. The food was great - the pork chops are heavenly and an absolute must! The place is very nicely decorated, perfect for a calm and romantic evening. And the service was fantastic. The only negative remark we can think of: the wine selection is ok but nothing special.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank LaDini
Manaus, AM
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Before we stayed at POUSADA PORTO DD CIMA ,I my self Enjoyed a lot my Nephew ,son and my little daughters loved it.
The owner Diego and All staffs were very professional,
The only person who did not gave an excellent vote was my wife as the owner and staffs did not allowed my wife to make my children 3 and 4 years old it was around 3 pm and the children were starving, so my wife as a client a woman with two very sensitive children did not received the right treatment as she was paying the room as normal guest she expected to have a better treatment as a tourism agent as owner of Amazon Gero's owner, so the final vote she gives is that if your children do need special care regarding to need using a kitchen never go there, but if your children do not need this care she highly recommend this pousada for adults or children who do not need a kitchen ,she asked me to repeat this because she insisted but did not succeed.
I myself Gero have no complain as I understand which place has its own rules which has to be respected respected but I as a husband and as I saw my wife in asking for a favor which was ignored I advise that when you find a child with 3 years old deeply need for a help please as it is a human subject to finalize I really loved Pousada Porto de Cima ,very clean ,organized an excellent location but please make it easier to clients with children,
I accept your explanation ,I respect your as an excellent professional but I confess that my family
Did not left your pousada with the same feeling as I did ,but you are still young and have time to learn.

Room Tip: Room number 8 , 9 and the number 10 excellent location
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank amazongerotou
PRATO
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Very beautiful hotel, settled in a wonderful garden. Room simple, but clean and well furnished. Excellent breakfast, with many specialities, sweet and savoury. Good location, in a quiet area, only five minutes by walking to main street of Morro. Wi fi free available. But the best main feature is the staff: very very kind and helpful. Luciana, Diego and other guys are really very pleasant persons. Just from the e mail contact they have revealed a professional and attentive behaviour. In particular, if you need a private transfer to go back to Salvador ask them and they will arrange it for you., at very good price, just a few € more than regular boat services, that have fixed schedle. We have left Morro at 6:00 PM and, after private transfer by car and ferry boat, arriving in Salvador pier at 9:00, enjoying all our last day. Great service, at fair rate ! Highly recommended !

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DAVID1971
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Amazing place, incredible decoration, great background music, unexpected by satisfying breakfast, fantastic service, promising owners!
We loved it... simply, we loved it!! The only bad thing was that we only stay there two nights... we will come back!
Rooms are clean and comfortable, but you don´t need to sleep inside! there is enough place outside! the best is when you get up and you head yourself to the breakfast area... you will fall in love! Good vibrations, charming, relaxing... you don´t miss anything.
The owners will delight you, very nice people that will make you laugh! It is useful to give them a call before arriving, if any recommendation is needed on the arrival to Morro (due to limited catamaran rides).

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 November 2012

pros:
-The breakfast was amazing
- Playing with the dogs!
- Staff were very nice
- nice location

cons:
-The room could be a lot nicer. It was quite dark and needs some more "cozyness" injected into it. The lack of a mozzy net was also a problem. Fortunately, we had one with us.
-no self cooking facilities
-no bar or restaurant

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stepping off the boat, it was a 5 minute walk past the pretty main square to the pousada, which is set in beautifully planted grounds. The owners are super friendly, helpful and welcoming. The main house, where you have breakfast, looks like a relaxed Ibiza-style chilled out bungalow - really nice. Our room was big and had a lovely terrace with table & chairs plus a hammock. The only downsides to the room were the shower which was almost impossible to hot water from and the bed, which had a bit of a dip in the middle. We had a big issue with the tour company that brought us to Morro (Cassi Turismo - avoid at all cost) and they owners went out of their way to help resolve it. Overall, this is really a great place to stay and was great value (we were there the down season).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple