“Easy to reach. Altough the map adress is...”

Ranked #10 of 98 Restaurants in Talca
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Easy to reach. Altough the map adress is...”
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Easy to reach. Altough the map adress is wrong. Its right after rio claro bridge; make a right just out of the bridge, road divides, stick right. You aré there. Mail me if you want the iPhone map Fav.

I'm sitting at the place right now. Alone (buuu!), so you guys will get a step by step review.

Its packed. Easy to get a table tho.
Long waiting time, 20 mins.
Dish looks good! I ordered a Plateada a lo Pobre, the salad is really small.
Meat is great! The fries so so; Too salty. Loved the eggs, must say that the onion was too strong.
By the way the River is beautyfull.

I'm half way and pretty satisfied jejeje. Folks in the place looks 30/70 foreign/local. Its friday lunch time btw.
Desserts variuos fruirts and ice cream; nothing more. Meh, I was feeling like something super sweet. Finally ordered peaches, no cream.
When the dessert gets here I'll ask for an expresso and the check.
lots of families, that's nice, buumer mine is in another city.
If this review thing would allow to upload pictures from mobiles you guys would had get pics from the place, dish, etc.
I just recalled, my Mail for the real location is [--]
ok the guy that takes the orders is way to focus on the TV to
pay attention.

Ok no expressos, Nescafe instead. The peaches aré those you get in cans, on their juice. Just lost a point on the general scale.
A really loe check would be a "review saver".
Ok no idea what look I had on my face, but another guy from the restaurant came to suggest me I should go to the cashier and pay there because my garçon is "moody"; hilarious.
I'm on a great mood by the way, so I'm up for some more waiting for my moody guy.
Coffee is good by the way. I should mention that there was a huge earthquake on this part of Chile like 3 months ago, a lot of houses destroyed so I'm not blaming a guy for been moody; no idea what's his story.

Oh my god!! Down to 20% of battery. Heading to pay.

Ok, time for the numbers:
Dish+salad+dessert+expresso= $6.650.- chilean pesos
pretty cheap; off I go hope you guys enjoyed the review.
The place? Decent but not something i'd detour to go.

Chao!

1 Thank LoneTooth

Sydney- Australia
“not happy...disapointed”
Reviewed 25 October 2009

We visited for 2nd time this place, the first time was quite good a year ago, we have this time the same as last year, the famous chiken and mariscos soup, ..this time quite disgusting...the soup was sour and the 'mussels were full of sand ..could not eat them...the bread ' pan amasado', was too salty...! the only thing acceptable was the wine and the pico sour. Very dissapointed. It seams the soup was the left over of other clients.. Hope they change.. not a good place to visit.

1 Thank AnitaSalinas
Saint Louis, Missouri
“EL POLLO MARISCAL OR chicken Mariscal...excellent”
Reviewed 18 July 2009

I am Dominican living in the USA. I recently visited Talca and someone said, I must visit this restaurant. I went to this restaurant with my Chilena brother in Law and sister...the restaurant's name sounded funny but the food was serious business. The Chancho en piedra which is tomatoes and garlic mashed in a stone was great with Pan amasado or bread and the Pollo Mariscal has been the best soup ever. I loved the food and the service. The place was clean and family oriented. El ponche de durazno...was the perfect companion. I will go back in a heart beat. The atmosphere was relaxed and the bathrooms clean. I enjoyed the food!