Pros: Nice jungle lodge, friendly staff, Good food, very good wildlife.
Cons: Too long of a boat ride (6+ hrs)
Special mention: Our Guide Plinio was awesome. He was always smiling and soft spoken and was willing to accommodate all of our different interests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heath River marks the remote Amazon-region border between Peru and Bolivia. Bordering two radically different ecosystems of rainforest and lowland savannah.Heath River Wildlife Center is the only eco-lodge on this river. And it offers the world's only large macaw clay lick reachable in half a day from a jetport with daily connections to the outside world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Heath River Wildlife Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heath River Wildlife Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Heath River Wildlife Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve