What an incredible place! We loved every minute of our time at TRC. The location, the staff, the trails, the guides...everything was perfect!
Keep in mind that you are staying in the rainforest at a place with no electricity or hot water. The bathrooms are shared and there's little to no privacy. The great thing is that absolutely none of that matters! Go with an open mind and a spirit of adventure and you will have an amazing time. The food is basic, but very delicious. The staff is incredibly helpful and the guides will make sure you have the time of your life. We saw more birds, monkeys, spiders, etc., than we could have hoped for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tambopata Research Center (TRC) is a spartan yet comfortable 18 bedroom lodge with 8 shared bathrooms. Because of its remote location in uninhabited wilderness, housing stable populations of endangered wildlife, the small scale of its infrastructure and operations and the presence of researchers and naturalist guides, Tambopata Research Center is an excellent headquarters for in depth explorations of Amazonian nature and wildlife. It is located in a half hectare clearing in the middle of the uninhabited portion of the Tambopata National Reserve, less than a kilometer from the world's largest and most diverse macaw claylick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Tambopata Research Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambopata Research Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Tambopata Research Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve