When one goes for a 'Jungle Experience' , you prepare yourself knowing it will be hot and lots of 'critters'. Well, it was all of that, which is what the 'experience' was all about and we absolutely loved it. Accommodations and personnel can also be important.
The lodges, Refugio and Tampobata were 'Top Notch' Clean, well run with VERY hospitable staff. The part that impressed me the most was how they treated their environment, with respect. I can't begin to say how happy we were with our guide, Ivan. Absolutely a wonderful person that took great pains to be sure we had a great time. He took pride in his knowledge and his job. 'Hats Off' to Ivan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tambopata Research Center (TRC) is a spartan yet comfortable 18 bedroom lodge with 8 shared bathrooms. Because of its remote location in uninhabited wilderness, housing stable populations of endangered wildlife, the small scale of its infrastructure and operations and the presence of researchers and naturalist guides, Tambopata Research Center is an excellent headquarters for in depth explorations of Amazonian nature and wildlife. It is located in a half hectare clearing in the middle of the uninhabited portion of the Tambopata National Reserve, less than a kilometer from the world's largest and most diverse macaw claylick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Tambopata Research Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambopata Research Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Tambopata Research Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve