Spent several days here as part of a tour. Basically an open platform in the jungle, divided by partitions. You sleep under mosquito netting, which I found tolerable but some found constricting. Mosquitos were much less of a problem than I anticipated, since it was the start of the dry season. Food is good, which is nice since you are in the middle of the jungle and there are no other options. We had an excellent and eagle-eyed guide, Ronaldo. Most of our outings were very good, especially going to the lake with giant otters.
We had some problems with the water supply (it is a jury-rigged system with its own water tower), but staff were responsive about fixing them. The hot water is not very hot, but in this climate it is not a major issue. From your room it is quite likely to see dusky titi monkeys, red deer, etc.
A better room lighting solution would be nice: the brightest things in the room are candles, making it easy to misplace things. The floor of the bathroom consists of slats, and small objects can fall through onto the dirt below. The howler monkeys can make an amazing amount of noise, but usually in the distance. SInce the rooms are open at the top and sides,conversations in the next room are easily audible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Native Community of Infierno and managed with Rainforest Expeditions. Thanks to its accessibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two night introduction to Tambopata's rain forests. It is located within the territory of the Infierno Community, built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. Posada Amazonas was selected to be among the Best Eco Hotels in 2014 by Gogobot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo and HRS so you can book your Posada Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Amazonas Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Posada Amazonas Peru/Tambopata National Reserve