“Not reliable”

Eurobuilding Express Maiquetia
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maiquetia
“Not reliable”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

They can cancel your reservation the same day of your arrival with a simple excuse.
I made my reservation through the web page two weeks before my arrival, a week after I called to confirm my reservation and to make sure that everything was set, they told everything was fine. The same day of my arrival they sent me an email saying that my credit card didn't go through. I replied with a different credit card and they replied saying that my reservation was cancelled. I called the bank to find out what was wrong with my credit card an turns out that there was not attempt to charge any of the two credit cards.
It is very irresponsible from a hotel to do that the same day of your arrival, I couldn't find another hotel close to the airport so I had to stay in Caracas. Fortunately I am local and could manage the situation, I can't imagine what a tourist could do if something like that.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank BJBH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I have stay at this hotel in several ovations for business. I have to say most of the time this hotel is clean and decent. Very nice rooms and they also have a gym and a pool. I would say that for been an airport hotel is not too bad; however during my most recent stay at this hotel I notice things are changing and not for the good. I had to ask my room to be change because the air conditioning wasn't working properly and the wifi wasn't available at all witch is in my opinion a very important thing to consider when booking a hotel. Once I move to the other room I noticed the wifi still want working...

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Overall a great option with being so close to the airport
Positives: the free airport shuttle, decent restaurant, pool area is pleasant, room was truly excellent and much better then expected
Negatives: A little expensive when booking (and thereby paying) at the official exchange rate, the pool was filled with small pieces of floating debris and insects - (clearly hadn't been cleaned out for a while - it wasn't bad enough that I didn't get in but I was constantly having to splash away the bits that kept gravitating towards me and there was no way I would swim in it), late check in time (we arrived early and were unable to check in (however on enquiring we were able to leave our bags and go poolside until check in so that wasn't too bad)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen E
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel is descent but the best thing about it is the close proximity to the airport. The check in process was slow and they couldn't find my reservation. The reservation issue was a mx up on the check in date that was not the fault of the hotel. Once we got the reservation issue resolved, they didn't have any rooms available for early check in so I had to wait for about an hour.

The only room available was on the highway side of the building which was very noisy. Request a room on the back side of the hotel if street noise is an issue for you.

The hotel offers shuttle service to the airport which was quite convenient. The traffic is fairly congested so leave early even though the airport is less than 10 min away. There was an accident on the morning that I departed. The traffic flow was at a dead stop.

The area outside the hotel looks very rough so not sure if it's very safe to venture beyond the hotel boundary.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed for one night at this hotel before taking my international flight out of Maiquetia airport. There is free shuttle from the hotel to the airport every 15 minutes which is great. They have English speaking staff at the desk. The lobby is refreshing and welcoming. The premises are well kept. The quality of the breakfast buffet is OK but not great. The value for the money is poor but this is in general the case with every hotel in Venezuela due to the unfavorable exchange rates.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the entrance to the hallway
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bassit303
Treasure Coast, FL
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Have stayed here many times over the last few years. As most reviewers point out, this hotel is really useful only if you're traveling into or out of the Maiquetia airport. There is nothing that you dare walk to. The prices are indeed high, especially in the restaurant. If one pays in cash obtained at the street rate, it's not too bad, however. The quality of the food is good.

The staff isn't particularly fast, but they do get the job done. I think they are working on the attentiveness part, as I've seen improvement in that area recently. The hotel is clean, neat, and quiet. I am very comfortable there. In fact, this review is being written from there... using the internet - which, by the way, is much more reliable than it used to be.

Overall, it's a good quality hotel, in a location that serves a specific purpose (travelers out of the CCS/SVMI airport). I would have rated it one bullet point higher if the prices weren't so high.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is a typical Airport hotel, not far than 5 minutes by transfer, it's silent and clean, but not luxurious as the price suggests. One night there cost me over 4500 VEF which means roughly 715 USD on official exchange rate.
They offer transfer from airport to the hotel but sometimes takes over a half hour awaiting on departure level which scary you when you need to have it into the night - who of you which have been already on this airport know what I means with it.
The hotel have 2 towers and the driver will request your surname to verify in which tower you're allocated,,, Don't rely on him.. several times he took me to wrong tower and after a hour awaiting for the check in the front desk told me I was on the wrong tower, forcing me to walk to the next tower and proceed again with the check in process. It's not far but after 1 hour standing up for check in you start to lose your patience.
Their restaurant have a good food, so you will not regret to use it.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on tower A.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RGEDRA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maiquetia
Hotel Ole Caribe
Hotel Alex
#15 of 86 in Caracas
El Recreo
Gran Melia Caracas Hotel

Been to Eurobuilding Express Maiquetia? Share your experiences!