“Disappointed”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Webster
Clarence Center, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here while in Webster for a hockey tournament. My first impression was a good one because my son's game ended and we had several hours to kill before his next one so I called to see if we could get in our room early. I called around 11:30am even though check-in time is not until 3. The girl I spoke with was very nice and said they could get us in at noon which was a huge help. Unfortunately, that's the last positive thing we experienced. The room was clean and seemed pretty new but I swear they designed the rooms for very small people. My husband is 6"2", about 210 lbs but he is the biggest of the 4 of us so none of us are very big. The bathroom was so small that you have a hard time shutting the door once you get inside. I can't imagine if a heavy person tried to get in there. The other thing that was really strange was that the 2 "full" size beds seemed really narrow. They were somewhere between a twin and a full but definitely full-size. My kids are 11 and 13 and are big for their age but we were all very crowded with one kid and one adult in each bed. Even though the room seemed pretty new, there didn't seem a lot of thought given to the people staying there...the toilet seat was so loose that it felt like you were going to slide off every time you sat on it (that seemed really little too), there were only 2 very small rolls of tp so we had to ask for more the second day and they only left us 2 large bath towels so we had to ask for more of those too. They advertise free WiFi but only 2 of the 4 of us could use it at a time or it would get all hung up which was really annoying since the tv wouldn't work either. My husband tried to fix it but it was kind of late at night when we realized there was a problem so we just went to bed. The final thing that clinched it was the free breakfast. We have stayed at several hotels that offer breakfast and know not to expect a gourmet one but this was really annoying. The area where they have the food is so tiny that all these people were crowded in this one little area waiting for the toaster and the waffle iron. They had scrambled eggs and sausage but both were almost all gone and no one was around to refill them. We finally settled on some french toast that we assumed was hot but when we sat down to eat, it was ice-cold and the line was too long for the toaster so we left.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed here for a business meeting in September 2013 and I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure. The staff were really kind and friendly and gave as much help as they could in a courteous and polite manner. The breakfast was a bonus and was freshly made and plentiful. The room was fairly standard fare with a good comfortable bed and all the normal amenities including wifi (a little flakey connection, but when reported the staff advised that their ISP was on it and the problem seemed to be sorted..service!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I recently had a great stay at the Fairfield Inn in Webster, NY where I always stay when I am in Rochester. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Kelsey, the front desk person was very pleasant and told me everything that I needed to know. Ewa, the General Manager of the Fairfield was also pleasant helpful. The breakfast area was in the renovation process, but they still offered a good selection to choose from. Ewa told me it would be completed soon and they would be offering a better selection of hot breakfast's. I can't wait until the next time I stay there to try out the new breakfast.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed here for one night only before moving to Hyatt in Rochester. I have to say I preferred the Fairfield it has a more modern feel really nice room very comfy bed.My room was on the ground floor but the curtains did not draw, weird.Plenty of good restaurants close by also.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2013

1st timer at this property, friendly, courteous staff greets you and there were fresh cookies! 1st floor room was small but the bed and pillows were very comfy... super clean and fresh room! Breakfast was the ususal Fairfield faire-cereal, or waffles..lots of fruit was a plus! Internet was spotty as my kindle movie kept stopping: "loss of connection"...after the 3 rd time..I'll wait till I get home I think still very pricey at over $115....for a corp. rate...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Fairfield Inns mostly meet expectations. This Inn is near some the beautiful Lake Erie and one of its large bays. It in within ten miles of most things in Rochester. The rooms are clean and quiet; the bed comfortable. Breakfast was a bit too busy as it is in a relatively small space.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel after we moved out of our house on the other end of hard road. Everything in webster is very country like. Will probably stay at the courtyard on pamerama trail next time. The breakfast buffet was super tiny.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit
Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Rochester East? Share your experiences!