“Excellent Place to stay”

Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Webster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Little Falls, New Jersey
“Excellent Place to stay”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I thought that the hotel was a great place to stay, albiet a little high in price for the area. We needed a handicapped accessable room. It was spacious and nicely equipped for wheel chair use. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were constantly smiling and asking if they could assist in any way.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was recently in NY for a conference and stayed at this particular hotel. The conference had made travel arrangements through a different shuttle service not provided by the Hampton. The shuttle service dropped me off at the conference and told me they were going to deliver my luggage to my hotel...like they did everyone else. Well, upon my arrival and check-in at the Hampton, I discovered that my luggage never made it. The staff searched and ended up telling me to go ahead and go up to my room and get settled in...as much as you can with no luggage. Within two minutes of being in my room I received a call from the staff. They hadn't found my luggage yet, but they were still searching and in touch with the shuttle service and trying to track my luggage down. I realized that the evening is coming to an end and I might have to go and purchase clothing for the next day...and I have no car. As I am realizing this, one of the staff members approached me to tell me that the shuttle company was still locating my luggage. After my mini update, I asked how I could get to a store if it was necessary for me to purchase clothing for the next day. Without hesitation, the staff member offered to drive me and told me not to worry. I was in shock! I was expecting a list of cab companies or to use my two feet! Fortunately, they were able to locate my luggage and I was able to rest easy for the remainder of the evening. The staff members were extremely polite through the whole ordeal. I would give my upmost recommendation for this hotel. The staff is amazing, and the rooms are great too!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We went back to Rochester to visit friends the week of July 4 and chose to stay at Hampton Inn due to its location. It is located in the town of Webster, a nice, quiet and safe area that is easily accessible to the highways. Shopping and restaurants are convenient as long as you are not looking for high end shopping, such as that offered by Eastview Mall, which is located at the far eastern suburb of Victor.
The hotel was very clean and quiet, the pool was literally deserted during the week. Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn affair, but without the crowds. The front desk staff was very accommodating when we wanted to switch from a room with a king bed to two double beds.
This was an absolute bargain for us, because we were able to stay at a deep discount by booking our room with our Hilton points.
Will highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rochester in the spring, summer or fall. Only caution is for those who are not used to driving in the snow, crossing the Bay Bridge in the winter may be difficult for the novice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
North Tonawanda, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Had a great experience here. I got married and booked a block of rooms at the Hampton Inn in Webster NY. I was provided a website where guests could make their reservations at the discounted block price. I was also offered a shuttle to and from the wedding venue for guests for free. The service during the whole process was great. Rooms were big and very clean. Bed was comfortable. The only down side was the free breakfast - wasn't the best food, but they did have a selection of bagels, english muffins, pastry, and cereal to make up for the hot items not being so great. I would definitely stay at the Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Easy to find, wonderful beds, linens, breakfast as usual with Hampton Inn. Front desk clerk helped us change rooms, as there was a room full of partying business men next to us, and we needed our sleep!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank 50doll
Bedford
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Really good hotel. the room was spacious and had all the usual facilities, nothing was left out, and I liked the TV channel shortguide left handily on the tray. Everything was clean and worked. Very quite and the sleep quality was good, apart from the weekend when party/weddings take over. the desk staff were good and chose a good room for me. they had tea and coffe on all the time which I was grateful for when coming in late from working.
The only negatives I had were that when breakfast got busy several things ran out and took time to be restocked. I also like a swim in the morning/evening and the pool was too small for swimming, I guess its just used to cool off when coming out out the hot tub?
I'll definately stay there again if I don't want a swim!

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the back car park if you want a quiet room
Green Features: Surprised about the large amount of packaging used for breakfast. Everything is in a packet and disposable, even the disposable cutlery are in individual packets? Is anything recycled?
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Brunswick, Md.
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We typically love to stay at Hampton Inn's because they are normally 'dependable' in knowing what your stay will be like. However, having stayed at this particular local over the last couple of days we were a little disappointed. They staff were not as friendly and helpful as other Hampton Inn's that we have stayed in. For example, if you are expecting to have the Hampton Inn Cookies waiting for you on a Friday or Saturday night you will be disappointed. They do NOT serve them on the weekends! I have never heard of that one before. Too many guests and therefore don't want to do that?? If you are eating breakfast and the clock strikes 10:00 a.m. don't expect to find any food or helpers if you are not quite finished! When 10:00 strikes it is ALL BUSINESS. They don't care if any customers are still there and might need anything. They lock the door and disappear. Disappointing. The beds were very comfortable however! You won't find any 'southern hospitality' at this location. Don't plan on any of the usual friendliness and you will probably enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Yomara D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester Webster, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for falling below expectations while you were here. I am very sorry that breakfast was not satisfactory and that you did not receive the guest service expected from our Front Dest saff. I want to let you that we will be taking part on a new "hot item" program that Hilton will be implementing to improve the quality of our breakfast options. Additionally, we are actively working to improve service levels with our staff. Your feedback is very important as we strive to make every guests' stay an outstanding one and we will use your comments as we continually work to achieve this goal. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the improved quality hospitality you expect and deserve from our hotel.

Thanks!

Yomara De Jesús
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Rochester East
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield

Been to Hampton Inn Rochester Webster? Share your experiences!