“Awesome!”

Ranked #69 of 127 Restaurants in Webster
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 250
Rochester, NY
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not sure what happened with some of the folks that had a bad experience at this restaurant but our experience was EXCELLENT! I have attended several wine dinners here since it was taken over by Stergios (formerly of Eros Restaurant) and also owner of LaLuna in High Falls. We (my wife, and our best friends) just had a 5 course wine dinner I won at a Women's Council of Realtors Charity Auction this evening (Columbus Day/Monday). The crowd was excellent for a Monday/Holiday. Each of the 5 courses was excellent and the suggested wines were perfect matches to the dishes we had. Tanya, our waitress, was very attentive and Chris, the chef, stopped out several times to ask us how we were enjoying our meal. Every plate, for every course, was empty...which tell the story well. Excellent food, excellent presentation and excellent service made for an incredible evening. Two thumbs up for the entire visit! We are foodies and this is one of the best restaurants to eat enjoy in rochester.To each his/her own....but for us it was awesome.

• Visited October 2013

Buffalo, New York
“Great meal at reasonable prices!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

When my wife and I go out to eat, we usually choose ethnic restaurants. However, this time we felt like eating steak, so we tried Prime Steakhouse. We're really glad we made this decision. The restaurant ambiance is relaxed and pleasant. (Prime doesn't have the boozy, macho atmosphere of some steak houses.) All of the staff were pleasant and competent. My wife and I shared two different cuts of steak--hanger and flatiron. Both were wonderful. We asked for one steak to be cooked medium-rare, and the other rare. They came exactly as ordered. The sides were good, too, especially the potato puree. All in all, this was an excellent meal in every way.

Prime Steakhouse carries a fairly low TripAdvisor rating. I think that's because many of the reviews were written before the change in management. (I would have chosen a different name, and started without the old history dragging down the restaurant's reputation. However, the new owner opted to keep the name.) With new management, and a new executive chef, this restaurant has nothing (but location) in common with the old Prime Steakhouse. Now it's a truly excellent restaurant and I recommend it highly. I'm looking forward to returning soon!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Herman M
Rochester, NY
“A surprise in store”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

After reading so many poor reviews we were not expecting much at Prime but they blew us away with top notch and very welcoming service from start to finish, and meals that were excellent but not overwhelming. Our four couple book club reserved a semi-private area on a weekday night, intending to end our year with a few drinks, dinner and a planning meeting for next season. Our expectations were quite low, but we were welcomed graciously, our waitress was always ready to help but willing to wait for us to also be ready. Prices are fairly high for this area with most of the menu a la carte, so some of us shared our salads and starters. The salads were generous and well presented, and knowing our plans to share, the staff conveniently divided the dishes up ahead of time.
The main courses were all excellent, from two different steaks and a seafood pasta dish, to the salmon with sugar snap peas and potatoes (my favorite). The waitress was happy to give everyone a fork to have a taste of the one delectable cheesecake dessert we ordered.
The restaurant was fairly empty (weekday evening or reviews perhaps?) so we enjoyed the staff's undivided attention. So, give the place another chance and see what they can do to please you.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank artistgranny
webster ny
“What happened?”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I've been visiting Prime since it was under the old ownership (Had very few good experiences then). Yet in Sept. when the place opened back up I decided to give the place another go. To my amazement I was wonderfully surprised! I am a true meat and potatoes man, and the experience was lovely. Perfectly cooked wonderfully seasoned steak (though at times I wondered why pepper was never utilized). Still It was great! So since then I've become some what of a regular here (though I never felt that way I felt like a stranger every time I visited) I was in Prime every 10 days. Being a simple man having my prime ryebye seasoned nicely & cooked perfectly every time was a God send! Right up until a couple months ago. Ever since every time I get a steak over charred and under cooked....the potatoes seem under seasoned as well. Even the one visit I made with friends an family , our buger was fried and veggies mushy and calamari rubber. Needless to say I gave the place a few chances was thinking maybe an off night or two. But at this point I won't be returning which saddens me cause the place was hitting a home run in my book until recently. Leaves me wondering ....what happened?

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank foodie585
Rochester, New York
“Would not return”
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

If you visit make sure to request a booth as it is a very small establishment. I ordered the steak which came out over charred the first time and bland when the waitress had the chef prepare a new one. The sides were small portions and the green beans were overcooked. My friend ordered a burger and while it was cooked at the right temperature it was bland. The lobster tail was quite good.

• Visited April 2013