“Food Good, Service Great”
Review of Prime Steakhouse

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 250
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Steak was not cooked correctly, but the service was excellent. Willing to try again to see if steak issue was an anomaly.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Under new owners, the food at Prime is outstanding. We dined there last night (no corkage fee on Wednesdays) and I had one of the specials, pan-seared sea bass with brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes-the fish was perfectly cooked, and the vegetables were to die for. My husband had the porterhouse steak and it too was perfectly cooked to medium rare and he finished every bite. We would highly recommend Prime especially on no corkage fee nights.

1  Thank eloot
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not sure what happened with some of the folks that had a bad experience at this restaurant but our experience was EXCELLENT! I have attended several wine dinners here since it was taken over by Stergios (formerly of Eros Restaurant) and also owner of LaLuna in High Falls. We (my wife, and our best friends) just had a 5 course wine dinner I won at a Women's Council of Realtors Charity Auction this evening (Columbus Day/Monday). The crowd was excellent for a Monday/Holiday. Each of the 5 courses was excellent and the suggested wines were perfect matches to the dishes we had. Tanya, our waitress, was very attentive and Chris, the chef, stopped out several times to ask us how we were enjoying our meal. Every plate, for every course, was empty...which tell the story well. Excellent food, excellent presentation and excellent service made for an incredible evening. Two thumbs up for the entire visit! We are foodies and this is one of the best restaurants to eat enjoy in rochester.To each his/her own....but for us it was awesome.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

When my wife and I go out to eat, we usually choose ethnic restaurants. However, this time we felt like eating steak, so we tried Prime Steakhouse. We're really glad we made this decision. The restaurant ambiance is relaxed and pleasant. (Prime doesn't have the boozy, macho atmosphere of some steak houses.) All of the staff were pleasant and competent. My wife and I shared two different cuts of steak--hanger and flatiron. Both were wonderful. We asked for one steak to be cooked medium-rare, and the other rare. They came exactly as ordered. The sides were good, too, especially the potato puree. All in all, this was an excellent meal in every way.

Prime Steakhouse carries a fairly low TripAdvisor rating. I think that's because many of the reviews were written before the change in management. (I would have chosen a different name, and started without the old history dragging down the restaurant's reputation. However, the new owner opted to keep the name.) With new management, and a new executive chef, this restaurant has nothing (but location) in common with the old Prime Steakhouse. Now it's a truly excellent restaurant and I recommend it highly. I'm looking forward to returning soon!

1  Thank Herman M
Reviewed 16 June 2013

After reading so many poor reviews we were not expecting much at Prime but they blew us away with top notch and very welcoming service from start to finish, and meals that were excellent but not overwhelming. Our four couple book club reserved a semi-private area on a weekday night, intending to end our year with a few drinks, dinner and a planning meeting for next season. Our expectations were quite low, but we were welcomed graciously, our waitress was always ready to help but willing to wait for us to also be ready. Prices are fairly high for this area with most of the menu a la carte, so some of us shared our salads and starters. The salads were generous and well presented, and knowing our plans to share, the staff conveniently divided the dishes up ahead of time.
The main courses were all excellent, from two different steaks and a seafood pasta dish, to the salmon with sugar snap peas and potatoes (my favorite). The waitress was happy to give everyone a fork to have a taste of the one delectable cheesecake dessert we ordered.
The restaurant was fairly empty (weekday evening or reviews perhaps?) so we enjoyed the staff's undivided attention. So, give the place another chance and see what they can do to please you.

2  Thank artistgranny