“Good food, high prices”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Decided to check out the new location for Royal Dynasty. The building has a modern style, nice. The food was typical Chinese fare, decent sized portions. The prices are higher than other Chinese places. The food isn't of better quality to warrant the higher prices. My sesame chicken had only two bites of broccoli and mostly dark meat pieces of chicken. They have been voted as a favorite Chinese restaurant through the Democrat and Chronicle (local newspaper) annual poll and they are not shy about letting customers know that. It's printed on the napkins, signs at the entry. I'm not sure why they would get top votes. I've been to other area Chinese restaurants that are just as good, but cost less.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

The new restaurant location is nice and modern, the food overall was good, my wife and I both had the Duck and the other couple we were with had the Lo Main and SS Chicken. The Food was prepared well and tasted good, but i am not sure I would ever buy the duck again, never had is served with the duck rib's (bones) cut up in the pieces, I would have rather had bones removed from the duck before it came to the table, for the price of the Duck I would have expected it.

Other then my preference on the Duck, I would recommend this restaurant to all to come and enjoy.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Royal Dynasty has always been a few bucks higher than the local average for Chinese food but since they built themselves a brand new restaurant in 2012 they have jacked up the prices even more. For example, I recently got take out dinner for two consisting of exactly the same 2 apps and 2 entrees I normally order at my neighborhood Chinese restaurant (which was closed that evening). The local price is around $23. Dynasty came to $42 and change. I'm done with them. Or as Porky Pig said "That's All Folks!"

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I usually don't ask much for Chinese food other than it has good taste, is plentiful, feeds me lunch the next day, and tastes just as good warmed up as it does when it has been bought.

I haven't even been in the building to eat, but takeout has always been consistently good. I have had better in my lifetime, but I will rate this very good because it meets all of my above criteria.

This time the lomein was especially good, and the sesame chicken was great for a first time trying it. I usually get moo goo gai pan, and have eaten a lot of their sauteed shredded beef in the past. That is one of my favorites.

Definitely worth a try if you are in the area. It won't be a cheap meal, but I doubt you will be disappointed either.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Exciting new building with beautiful dining areas.
Same great food Royal Dynasty has been serving for years.
Highly recommend!