All reviewshi expresshot tubwegman's grocery storethe hotel is cleanup to datethe hotel staffenjoyed our staynext morningflat screen tvwi fiyogurtfree breakfasteasy accesswould definitely stay here againking bedbeds were comfortablenew york
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We were three generations travelling and the room suited us very well. It was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The grandsons enjoyed the pool. The adult women enjoyed the close by shopping and we found the location convenient to the attractions of Rochester. Breakfast had lots of choice and was all very fresh. If we are back this way again we will stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2010

My husband and I stayed there on the way through from Indiana to New Hampshire. We booked over the cell phone on the way because every hotel we tried to stay in was booked. It was quite out of the way for our trip, but a very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And, on the way back out to the interstate the next morning, we got a great view of the Irondequoit bay!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Stayed two days in August 2010. Parking is free. Check in was smooth and efficient. Front desk customer service was good. I had booked a suite and was offered an upgrade to a whirlpool suite.

Hallways were clean and tidy. Room didn't have any bad smells or weird stains. There was a full bath, shower had great water pressure. The whirlpool tub was to the side of my bed. Kinda neat you can be in the tub and watch TV.

As usual for any hotel I stay at, I searched for bed bugs and found no evidence of any. Nor did I have any weird bites or anything of that nature during my stay.

There was a gym (didn't use it but it looked fine) and a great indoor pool.

Really enjoyed the breakfast. First day was scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast, cinnamon buns, fruit juices, yogurt, tea and coffee. Second day was scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and sausage gravy, cinnamon buns, fruit juices, yogurt, tea and coffee. I have to say that the lemon yogurt was awesome! If anyone from HI Express is reading this please continue to offer the lemon yogurt at breakfast.

I slept well and found the bed to be quite comfy. I didn't hear anyone in the halls or anybody in the rooms nearby. Could be there was nobody in the next room but it was a quiet stay.

I would absolutely stay here again if the opportunity presents itself. I know this isn't a 5* rated hotel and trust me I've stayed at some swanky places but this was just great for the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Lederfrau
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We blocked rooms at this hotel for our wedding guests because it was close to the reception. We decided to secure a block of rooms ~6 months before our wedding. When we blocked the rooms the online rate was $150 and they quoted us room rates of $150 as well. I was under the impression that when you blocked room they would give you a deal, I guess the Holiday Inn Express does not do that.

A month or so before the wedding we decided to go online and check out the room rates just for fun. They were down to $120 or so but they were still charging our guests $150. When we asked them about this, they said the room rates must have went down. We informed our guest not to book their room through our wedding block because it would cost them more money and to just book the room and then mention they were with our wedding party.

When we checked into our room, they had over charged us, they fixed it but it shouldn't have even been a problem to begin with.

Just a FYI (not sure if its all HIE or just this one), if you book best available price, you automatically get charged for the room right a way. So you can't cancel the reservation, you have to pay a "deposit" which is the full amount.

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank hkmason
ROCWB, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2011

Good Afternoon,
The Holiday Inn Express Webster has recently gone through numerous changes including a new General and Assistant General Manager as well as a new management company. We understand you have had issue in the past but we look forward to the possible opportunity to host you and your guests the next time a need arises.

Dan Calabrese
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a softball tournament and I couldn't have been happier. First, the hotel is immaculate, the rooms are spacious, and the staff was terrific (I did not run into any of the service complaints referred to in the other reviews here). Right behind the hotel is a beautiful park with walking trails. Our room overlooked the park and lake and it was beautiful. Breakfast was great and I would not hesitate to return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family