Three friends and I stayed here for one week in the middle of February while we were in Jalandhar for a wedding. The two rooms we had were quite comfortable with a firm queen bed in each, cable TV, and a bathroom.
On the positive side:
- hot water for two hours every morning
- staff were very friendly and kind
- except for weekends, it was very quiet
- located about a 15 minute walk to the main bazaar
- electricity was reliable 90% of the time
- quiet at night (except for wedding celebrations), little traffic noise.
On the not-so positive side:
- the hot water was not always reliable
- only one employee could speak english.. still, we were able to make do.
- the rooms were not very clean
- no one ever came to take our our trash.. and we were there over a week!
- no room service at all... but maybe there was but we couldn't communicate?
- the 10% of the time we had electrical problems.. it took hours for anything to get sorted
- on the weekends, there were tons of people staying there all partying and staff didn't seem to mind the racket late into the night :(
However, overall, as long as I have a warm, safe, fairly clean place, I'm not that fussy a person so I thought it was fine... for the 800INR we paid per room, it was decent. So.. if you are looking for anything fancy, don't stay here, but otherwise, it's not a bad option!
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Occasions Jalandhar, India - Punjab