“went downhill”

Alitalia Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in West Babylon
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Alitalia was always one of our favorite pizzerias, until it was sold a few years back. Several times we ordered pizza to take out only to get a reheated pie, There was NO stringy fresh cheese. which is my favorite part of the pizza. On a return visit we specifically requested a FRESH pie. We were so disappointed to find another reheated pizza. We spoke with the owner Sal, several times but he made no effort to correct the situation at all. Their pizza is far too overpriced to get a reheated pie. I now drive 10 minutes north and go to Imperial Pizza. We always get a great pie.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

We love this restaurant for the Grandma Pizza Pie.Thick,soft and scrumptous.
The service is good and location is good.
It is a touch outdated but food is the most important.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Being from Brooklyn for 14 years living out here we were unable to find anything like "Brooklyn" pizza....we tried almost everywhere out here...then BAM!!...their Margarita Pizza is BEST by far...it is $20.00 but you get a $30.00 quality if not more worth of pie...other food is good there also...

Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

This place used to be some of the best pizza around.Now it's terrible pizza. As good as Ellio's. Definitely lower quality ingredients.

Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

I have always enjoyed the pizza and the service from Alitalia. The staff behind the counter are friendly and very welcoming. They serve a wide variety of pizza much to my delight.
I did have a chance to experience the restaurant once. Because I like them so much, I'll try to be gentle with my criticism. The pasta dishes are not made with quality ingredients or at least I didn't taste it. It's a shame because it is a nice place to visit. :(