“Loved staying here!”

Le Chateau de Reignac
Australia
“Loved staying here!”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I booked this as a last minute treat while we were driving around France - wow what an amazing stay we had. Loved the room (Junior Suite Count de Fersen), it was enormous, the gorgeous windows/doors overlooking the park and how excited were we to have an ensuite in what was originally a tower?

We booked the in-house dinner and thought it was enjoyable, you have a pre-dinner champagne in the formal lounge before moving into the dining room - the food was good wholesome French country cooking.

The chateau is a fabulous old building with its own library, chapel and corners to explore. It is a heritage buildnig so do not expect all the mod cons that newly built accommodation would offer - which I think just adds to its old world charm that transports you back to an era. It is truly a relaxing place that we would dearly love to return to someday.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nonny16

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 November 2012

As I have written about our upcoming wedding at Chateau de Reignac in my last review, I just wanted to let everybody know that we have tied the kont end of September at this charming Chateau.
I thought I needed to tell you that the team there have exceeded our expectations and everything was perfect.
All our guests loved the venue and ceremony and had an absolute fantastic time.
I could write soo much about it and go into all the amazing details avialable (arrival by helicopter, ceremony in the lovely private chapel, cocktail in the garden, dinner within old historic walls) but the only thing I really would like to say is - "go and experience it yourself"
With this I would like to thank all the team at Reignac for this great memorable day, you did a fantastic job!
We certainly hope to be back there again, who knows, maybe to renew our wedding vows at some point! :)

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I was there in September. The hotel has a lot of things that could be better. The have few people to take care of the guest. The structure is very old and don't have the maintenance.
The rooms are clean but don't have anything. No tv, no clock, no mini bar. No nothing.
The front desk is so inadequate.A desk and a chair. Is a Joke.
We were very unpleased with our stay so I ask the guy (Eric I think) in the front desk if we can leave one day before with out a charge. He agreed and say that is no problem, so we arrange another hotel but they charge us. When I told them that they did agreed to that, they let me alone in the lobby and left, very rude. I know that they said in the terms and conditions that they would charge the remaining night but that's why I ask before. Really. Don't go there. There are a lot other good places and Chateaus around that you can stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank G P
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I am the owner of Deluxe Cycle Tours and we use this exquisite hotel each year on numerous dates throughout the Summer season. From the moment I entered the chateau and met Eric, Francoise and Terry I realised that I needed to add the venue to our itinerary. The team will go to great lengths to make sure your stay is perfect and the chateau has been lovingly restored to a fantastic chic, tranquil, fairytale hotel. One amazing feature is the chapel built onto the end of the chateau and which can be reached from inside the hotel. A perfect place for weddings or a quiet retreat to contemplate. I think the last review is missing the point that this hotel is personal, original and tranquil.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank G L
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I don't know how you rate 4 stars a hotel that don't have wifi in the room, that don't have tv in the room, that don't have anybody that help you with the bags, don't have a bar and is falling apart from the walls in the outside. The have only 3 people in the hotel and they serve you breakast, make the drinks, do the rooms, ect... Also the hotel is far from of any castle or important town.
The only thing that I would rate 5 star is the web site that they have! It really fooled me.
I think that they make their own reviews because when I read what other people write looks that they are talking about other place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
ramsesreignac, Owner at Le Chateau de Reignac, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
Thank you for your comment, but please, just a few answers. Chateau de Reignac is not a brand new resort. As largely mentionned on our website, it is....well, a Château, a XVth and XVIIIth century Chateau. Though completely renovated in 2003/2004, it is a old historical building, which stayed here long before you....and me, and will stay much longer, despite its old stones! Regarding your bags, I am very surprised as someone is always at the reception to help (supposing he is asked to). Free access WIFI exists in all the salons, library, bar and most of the bedrooms (all the rooms will be equiped in January 2013). I did not remember you asked for the pass word, and there could be the problem. As mentionned in the leaflet in your room (or you could have asked for....), TVs are of course available, but on request. We just want to keep the authenticity of the atmosphere of the rooms and, as you certainly know, there was no TV in the XVIIIth century.... BUT we are always happy to bring one in the room if needed. By the way, there are 6 (and not 3) pers. working in the Chateau (8 pers. in high season) and I do not personnaly clean the rooms as .... I am unable to do it properly! It's a real job and housekeeping is done by 2 perfectly well-trained young women. I can also assure you that I have no time to write reviews of my own on Tripadvisor. Maybe what is not your taste (historical building, original high ceilings and floors, period furniture, prestigious french designers fabrics...) can be others'.
Last, I do not understand your comment about the location of the hôtel: we are 10 kms from the historical city of Loches, 20 kms from Chateaux d'Amboise, du Clos Lucé, de Chenonceau, and ALL the other royal Chateaux (Chinon, Ussé, Villandry, Langeais, Valençay, Cheverny, Villandry, Montpoupon, Montrésor, at the exception of Chateau de Chambord) are within a 30 minutes drive from Reignac.
Are you really sure you did stay at Reignac?
Best Regards

Erick Charrier
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We had such a great time here. From the moment we arrived, we felt welcomed and at home. The chateau and the grounds were very pretty. The room we stayed in (Marie de Plessis) was quirky and perfectly charming (even the sit-down bathtub/shower which was an adventure). We chose to have dinner at the chateau every night in addition to the daily breakfast. The owner of the hotel is also the chef who whipped up a yummy foie gras stuffed quail, tartes, steaks and all manner of other country french food. The dinner included a bottle of local wine which we polished off every night. Breakfast was a nice assortment of croissants, yogurts, fruits, cheeses and meats. After dinner, we generally retired to the sitting room for a glass of armagnac or dessert wine.

What was a great surprise were how much we enjoyed the owner/staff and the other guests. The place is owned by Erick (owner/chef), run efficiently by Francoise (greeter/helper/sous chef), taken care of by Thierry (bellman, waiter, all-around helper) and two housekeepers. How they do it all, I'm not sure -- and they do it all while being amazingly welcoming and warm.

Meeting some of the other guests was quite fun, also. We had long, late night conversations with a honeymooning couple from Jersey as well as a group of women from Pensacola, Florida who were a hoot.

We couldn't have asked for a better experience -- and the hotel is centrally located a half hour from the Tours train station and central to many sites.

I highly recommend. You'll even get used to the church bell/concert every day.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in the Hans Axel de Ferson junior suite. The room was nice and large and bathroom fantastic and very modern. I was a little concerned after making the reservation and then reading a review that said the rooms were not clean. I am very fusy and the room we were in was perfect - no dust to be seen and I am happy to say this was the same throughout the property. My only criticism of the room is that there were no tea and coffee facilities. The staff were wonderful and very obliging - nothing was too much trouble. The grounds are fantastic. We had the set menue meal which again was lovingly cooked by the owner and staff, it was very tasty and well presented not to mention reasonably priced as it also included wine. They serve a fantastic sparkling Vouvre. This hotel is also very well located to travel to the great sites of the area and certainly makes your stay even more memorable. Definately worth a stay!

Room Tip: This is a quiet locations so all rooms will be quiet. The room we selected was very large and brigh...