“Wonderful, well equipped apartments”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Afandou
Afandou Village Apartments
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is my first visit to Greece and I have been very fortunate that my friend who I travelled with recommend that we come and stay at Afandou Village Apartments.
It has been wonderful, the apartment has had everything we needed, so that we have been able to prepare many of our own meals. We have wanted for nothing.
The apartment is spotlessly clean to the point of looking brand new. They are so well cared for by Kevin and Sally who are wonderful hosts.
Afandou is a lovely village and we have been made very welcome and seen so much of the local customs this Easter.
I am coming to the end of my stay and decided to post a review whilst here using the wi-fi. One of the many, many things that seem to be provided free of charge.
I would highly recommend these apartments to anyone wanting to enjoy a truly Greek holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank June H

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I wanted to write a constructive review of Afantou Village Apartments, but to be constructive you need to be balanced, and to be balanced you have to consider the negatives. To find any negatives about these apartments or their owners Kevin and Sally you'd have to be pretty hard hearted. The living accommodation was spotlessly clean and every amenity was provided for. The handy file contained all we needed to know about the village itself, it's restaurants and shops etc. as well as info from farther afield such as Rhodes old town and Lindos, with personal recommendations we could not fault. We have already recommended the apartments to our own family and friends and will be returning ourselves. We had a lovely stay, in a lovely apartment, in a lovely old town, our only disappointment was having to leave. See you next year Sally and Kevin!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David F
Reviewed 18 July 2013

When I found the excellent reviews for Afandou Village Apartments on this site, I thought they were possibly "too good to be true". We have just returned from our holiday and here I am, adding to those excellent reviews. The apartments we rented (3 bedroom & 1 bedroom) were spotlessly clean and had the most comfortable beds we encountered during our trip to Greece. The kitchen was equipped with modern appliances and a surprising supply of pots/pans/storage containers/baking dishes, etc.... it really was a home away from home. Thoughtful touches like the kitchen stocked with beer, wine, potato chips, milk, tea, coffee on our arrival, beach towels provided, visitor guide of Rhodes assembled by Kevin and Sally, WiFi, air conditioning included in rental rate.... this property delivered everything reviewers promised. We would stay with Kevin and Sally again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you are a large group, the 3 bedroom apartment comfortably sleeps 6. Two bathrooms, two full leng...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gemmeroni
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Words cannot express the excellent standard of these apartments or the wonderful hospitality of the hosts.
This was our second visit and without a doubt we will return again.
Everything that you could possibly require in these very reasonably priced self catering apartments is provided and more; air conditioning included in the price and they even pick you up from the airport.
The hosts Kevin and Sally are only too willing to help with anything and have excellent knowledge of the facilities the island has to offer.
The apartments are located in the quiet village of Afandou which has excellent restaurants and a lovely beach and is situated within easy reach of both Rhodes and Lindos.
Would highly recommend without a doubt.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2013

What can I say that has not been said before? My husband and I travel to the Caribbean on an annual basis staying in 5 star all inclusive hotels. This was our first trip to a Greek island and the first time we had stayed in a self catering apartment. We could not have made a better choice, the holiday surpassed any of our previous holidays. The apartment was spotless with everything you need from a good welcome pack to get you started, a well equipped kitchen, an excellent bathroom and good hairdryer - a real home from home with the added benefit of glorious weather. It was wonderful to stay in a proper Greek village, away from the tourist hotels but with everything in close proximity. Sally and Kevin proved to be the perfect hosts, they collect and deliver you back to the airport and were available to give advice when need based on their excellent local knowledge. There is also a very good folder of local information in the apartment. We enjoyed the holiday so much that we booked for a return trip later this year as soon as we retuned home, not something we have done before in over 30 years of travel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The apartment was well-equipped with everything we need for self-catering. I particularly liked the powerful shower in the wet room.

It was really handy to be able to borrow bikes to cycle down to the beach and the village centre was just a short walk away for shops, local restaurants including an ice-cream bar, and bus stops to go direct into Rhodes Town, Lindos, etc.

Even more convenient was being picked up direct from the airport by the friendly and helpful Sally and Kevin - great service. They also gave us lots of recommendations for things to do and places to go, including a memorable boat trip down the coast.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I always had mixed feelings about visiting Greece and the Islands but staying with Sally and Kevin changed my mind and now I want to go back every year. The apartment was pristine, it was like being at home but with a fantastic climate. I borrowed a bike and cycled to the beach every day. The food is wonderful and it is just as easy to go out and eat as it is to go to the friendly village and buy all you need to cook at home. Sally and Kevin go out of their way to help and advise you but also respect your privacy. It was probably the best and most relaxing holiday I have ever had.
I don't normally like going back to the same place but would like to go back and stay on a regular basis. I'm almost afraid to praise it too much in case they will be booked up next time I want to go!

Room Tip: You don't need a tip - they are all great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo