“Great vacation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Afandou
Mythos Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Afandou
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Had 2 fantastic weeks here.
Very nice rooms (apartment with pool wiew). Cleaned every day. Good food. Different buffee every day. The service is exelent (expesially at the poolbar).
Great place for Kids.

I'll be back B-)
CARL / Stavanger

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Mythos Beach Resort

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I just came home from a one week trip to Rhodos and mythos beach resort. We were 5 familys traveling together and we truly had an amazing week.
When we landed in Rhodos we got picked up at the AirPort by Apollo and we drow directly to the hotel, wich was about 30min away from the AirPort. My family, (my mum(41), dad(42), sister (17) and me(20)) had two doubel rooms. The rooms were really Nice with good beds and a nice little balcony. We had rooms in the second floor of the main building. Both rooms with a nice view of the pool area and the sea. ( room nr 1024 and 1026). We were also very happy about the cleaning. Our rooms and also the rest of The hotel areas were clean at all time!:)
We spent most of our time at The main pool next to The pool bar. The pool area is huge and we had no problem getting sunbeds either of The days. The pool bar was amazing and The staff was incredible!! Nikos and Nikos took really good care of us and provided us with a varierity of drinks both with and wirhout alcohol! We had all inclusive so we had a lot of nice drinks to choose from, free of charge. This was really handy and we didn't have to think about bringing money with us to The pool. Since we travelled all inclusive we ate all our meals at The hotel. There were a varierity of food too choose from at each meal. Every night they had a different dinnertheme whitch was really Nice:) The food had high standards and was really good.
The hotel had different guided tours you could try. One of The first days my family took a guided tour too Kolymbia. Kolymbia is a little town about 15 min walk from The hotel. The hotel also offered tours too both Lindos and Rhodos as well. Besides This there were also local busses you could take to travel around. When The last day came we could check in our bags at The hotel. This was truly great and we didn't have to worry about checking them in on the AirPort! Apollo took us to The AirPort and all we had to think about was getting through The security and on our plane! Unfortunately The AirPort was a mess and The information we recieved was porely. With all that said, the only bad thing about The hotel was The Internett conection.. It was really bad in The rooms and The only time i got it working properly in my room was in The night. But it usually worked in The lobby so it wasn't that much of a problem.
All in all This was an amazing trip to an amazing hotel! Thanks to Apollo and all The staff at mythos beach resort! We hope to be back soon!:)

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Kristinee94
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We (two adults and two young children) arrived yesterday from a week-long vacation on the Mythos Beach Resort which is Apollo travel agency exclusive hotel complex. Below you find our review focusing on our experience on the hotel.

Let’s start with positive things. The resort was a typical family oriented hotel complex with several separate housing units and altogether seven pools including one in-door pool and two children pools with water slides and water fountains. The resort was very clean and apparently fairly new (there was also some construction on-going as the complex is getting bigger). The hotel was full of us Scandinavians, most traveling with children. The layout of the resort however allowed to find quiet places and pool areas (one pool was dedicated to adults only) for some privacy. The resort had also a playing ground for kids and mini-golf as well as football, basketball and tennis courts available for the guests to enjoy without any cost (front desk gave the balls and rackets). In comparison to the other resorts we have visited this one had much less gardens and plantings, and therefore was a bit rugged.

The beach had plenty of sun beds for free but otherwise was disappointing; it was very difficult to go swimming because of the stone beach. For the management I would recommend building a pier from which the guests could enjoy the sea without having to walk on the slippery and sometimes sharp rocks. If you are looking for a place where to enjoy a nice beach and sea you should consider another location.

There were a few restaurants and bars in the complex. We had all-inclusive which served breakfast, lunch and dinner in the same main restaurant. The food quality was good but lacked variation in comparison to our earlier hotel destinations. House wines were typical tap wine quality and no fresh juices were available. Desert selection was good including several cakes, biscuits and ice creams to choose from. The service was most of the time effective and friendly. For the management I would recommend to play more traditional Greek music instead of the rap / modern top hits recordings that was annoying to listen while trying to have a conversation.

The 3-room apartment we had was very spacious with 2 bed rooms separated by a large living area with a mini-kitchen (room# 1908). Both bedrooms had own bathrooms. There was a big balcony facing the pool area. The sleep quality was excellent, we heard no noise from the other rooms or outside (the fridge needed a kick sometimes at night to stop the hard compressor noise). The room was very clean and well maintained, big thanks to the hard working maids!

Then the negatives that comprise many small issues that together start to have an impact.First,
the entertainment was poor and awkwardly arranged; there was only one tiny stage (located in the main buffet restaurant) where on three evenings a band played Abba, Greek music or 80’s tunes. Only the people who were still eating when the “show” started could see to the stage. People in the lobby area or bars could not see much of the show but of course could hear the music. If you are looking for a place with great shows and entertainment you should consider another location. During the day time, we did not see any animation team members or saw any organized entertainment in the pool areas, I guess there was no such program on the resort. The kids club for about 3-7 years old children was open each day against a small fee.

Secondly, the guests are not treated equally in our opinion. I was looking for a nice welcoming when we arrived to the resort late in the evening but we were greeted by only two receptionist who together handled all arriving guests that evening (result was queuing, fast unfriendly and unclear welcoming / information). We were basically just given the room keys and vague instructions where to find it, even after we had asked for more information. No bell boy service was offered which left us to carry heavy luggage to the other side of the big resort. Interestingly, when the next change-over day came there was welcoming drinks offered to the arriving guests and golf cart luggage service was available. On the evening of arrival, all the restaurants had just closed and the only “food” available were plastic wrapped day-old toasts with slice of cheese on. A few other similar occasions happened where we noticed that we were not treated equally to the other guests (e.g. bar service).

Then many small issues listed. There were toilets that had for several days no paper towels to dry hands with. At the gym the water fountain was many times empty and no clean towels were available. In the bathrooms of our apartment there was no paper tissues. The pool bar food selection was very limited (small hot dogs, tiny slices of pizza, some sweets and fruits) if you wanted something else than ice cream / slush. The nearby village was 15 min walk away so the resort was a bit isolated. The courtesy room was a disgrace; there were three showers but not even a single table where to put your clothes, the floor was covered with used towels and there was no soap or shower gel available! I recommend the management to consider improving the courtesy room immediately.

So, adding things together left us no option than rank the Mythos Beach an average complex that however can with simple (cheap) improvements be made much better. At the moment the overall value for money was only at average level.

Finally, I wish to bring up the names of two staff members who made our vacation experience better. Mr. Stamatis as the floor manager of the main restaurant Amalthia showed exceptional work motivation and organization skills. He not only orchestrated the catering of hundreds of customers each day during our visit but also helped his staff with all possible ways, for example, by serving ice cream to the clients and cleaning the empty plates from the tables when others were busy with other tasks. I did not see him resting at all. Secondly, Mr. Tsampikos as the bar tender at beach bar Aktis was by far the friendliest staff member we met. Both of these persons deserve an acknowledgement that the resort management hopefully will give to them.

Room Tip: Our two br + living room apartment was very nice (#1908-07).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Finnish_traveler_2
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Mythos Beach

Good but not great
This is a resort that caters to people who enjoy endless hours by the pool and lines at the buffet with the same people day after day with little desire to leave the resort. If this is not you, don't go there! It is situated pretty remote, and even though there are neighboring towns to visit, there isn't much to do in the area.

We are a family of 4 with kids age 1 and 5. They are the main reason we picked this place, but it was not all that great. Our 5 year old disliked the childrens pool area that we thought would be perfect - because of very cold running water that never gets a chance to warm up. The bottom of the baby and children's pool is also extremely slippery and is dangerous to small children like my 1 year old, he slipped and fell the times he tried it. Well, my 5 years old used the big pool, and so did our little one in a baby swim ring...
As for the beach - a disappointment! We read some reviews saying the beach was great. Not for children, and not for me either! It was full of pebbles and rocks. I spent the little time on the beach removing pebbles from my 1-year old's mouth or helping my 5 year old try to get in and out of the water! It was so rocky that entering and exiting the water was painful and almost impossible. At the same time we had lots of wind and waves (sandstorm from Africa we were told), so the children hardly went in at all!

We did not have all inclusive, although breakfast was included. There were different buffets for dinner every day. We like eating local food at tavernas, but decided to try the buffet twice, Greek night and BBQ. Well, the basic salads, dressings, breads etc were the same every day, at least when we were there. So the food that changes according to the night's topic were rather few. For the Greek buffet they had some basic traditional dishes and some cooked meats and chops, but I still was missing some of my favorite Greek meals, like pastitsio, kokkinisto and other stews, kleftiko and beefteki. So the buffet only touches on the standard basics to newcomers. The BBQ night was better with some lovely grilled varities of meat, though the same sides as the days before! The Beach Restaurant was much better, interesting dishes and better quality. Breakfast was plentyful and variable, but the crowds and the lines were tiresome and our kids were waiting impatiently at the table. And since my family eat the same cheese and jelly for breakfast everyday, eating on our own balcony fits us much better! Also the Pool Bar was sad. Even though they had a meny, we could only choose between a couple dishes the times we tried it, I believe it was a not-so-tasty pizza or a toast! I don't remember why at this time - I think it had something to do with it being early in the season?

It is a pretty new hotel so the grounds were beautiful, no question about that. Lovely flowers along the ground floor appartments added some bright color to the pool area and livened up the surroundings. Pretty! Though the lobby lacked color and personality, it was too big and empty, too "grand", almost like a foyer. Not plesant at all.
We travelled off the hotel grounds almost everyday, to Rhodes town, Afandou town, neighboring Kolymbia and taxi-seightseeing in Kallithea. In my opinion all of these other places, apart from inland Afandou town, is a better place to stay!

I was mad and dissappointed about a few things. One was the cold water in the children's pool and the slippery bottom of the baby pool. Dangerous!! Second was the opening in the bushes out to the pool area from our ground floor appartment, not one - but two of them. So trying to keep our 1 year old from running away right into a pool was a big hassle!! A little fence or no opening at all would fit a family oriented hotel better...Very bad!
We also got a baby crib in our room, which had a very thin mattress and an adult size cover/comforter ("dyne") in it! It was way too big for a child and for a crib! Thankfully I had brought my own baby cover ("dyne"), so I used the one provided as a mattress, which was much better for a child. This is not good enough for a family resort!!!! So remember to bring your own if you pre-order a baby crib, the room can get quite cold!
The beach was a huge downer...!! I didn't go in once. And then there was location...built in the middle of nowhere with no immediate chance to run out to eat, buy food or see other people. You are very dependent on Mythos Beach Resort. Yes, you could get a taxi to take you a few kilometres to the nearest town of Kolymbia. But it's a hassle if you need something quick and a hike if you think about walking! And not safe at all! This town had some shopping and nice places to eat. Our best recommendation here is charming To Nissaki seafood restaurant down by the water, overlooking Mythos Beach Resort in the distance. So, if you need to vacation in this part of Rhodes, pick an hotel in Kolymbia instead! There are many beautiful to pick from!

To the positives! It's quite new, that's great. The appartments and its kitchens were moderne and had everything you need, and with the best bed I've ever had in the Mediterranean! Beautiful grounds, nice adult pools and a nice playground. And they had plenty of baby high chairs in the restaurants, thankfully!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank ilovettravel2
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked a one week holiday on on this resort exclusively based on the reviews from Tripadvisor, and we where disappointed. This resort have a few good and detailed reviews with high ratings, but it is an ordinary resort placed close by a very small village. My family booed breakfast but we initially wanted eat our lunch and dinner in the village so we could choose whatever we felt like eating. I think we chose well as we ate at the dinner buffet at two occasions, and it were loud and chaotic experiences with little variation.

The landscape and village is not that nice, and you will have explored it within a day or two. There are three or four places to eat a good meal, but they where disappointing compared to what we expected. It does not offer anything particularly interesting. We had to hire a car to discover a few nice places.

If I were to choose again my family would choose a hotel at a larger village or city. The city of Rhodos would be much better option based on our experience.

Ps, the official resort photos are heavily photo shopped. There is no perfect green grass or a nice sandy beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Espen T
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This place is simply amazing. I was here for one week and that is not nearly enough. The resort is quite big, with lots of pools for all ages. It is right by a nice beach and the sea temperature was plesant. The resort has 3 different restaurants, and all of them serve breakfast. It allso have a bar, evening entertainment, and really nice staff that want to make your stay there perfect. There is also a spa.

I truly recommend mythos beach resort to everyone. Its really worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Stian S
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Food and drinks: We had all-inclusive which is a must in this place.
Food could be better but the real reason is that here you are in the
middle of nowhere. There are several same dishes on every lunch and
dinner, but also good variety of different meats and salads. Desserts
are okay, but they are quite repetitive by the end of the week. Meats,
fishes and vegetables are always very overcooked, i don't know if that's
given in all-inclusive restaurants. I was clearly expecting too much
from the food after reading all these ratings.
You have 8 cocktails to choose from, but you can mix your own with few of
their all-inc free spirits and soft drinks. Water is given in bottles, that is big plus,
although taste could be better.

Rooms: Clean and nice, pretty basic. Cleaned every day. Beds are firm, too hard for me.
Pillows also too hard for me, i borrowed one from suite and that was much softer and better.
Other couple of us had a room with their own pool,
that was clearly better, seemed more new and
altogether more luxorious (comes with a price of course).
But nothing wrong with ours either.

Pools and hotel: Pool areas are nice and kept clean. Water felt quite cold
in every pool, there are 7 of them outside. Kids did like to play in
them, but not for a long time at once. I don't know how common it is to
heat outside pools, but it would have made ours trip a whole lot more
pleasant. Minigolf has seen it's best days. No one was using it and once we tried it we
understood why. Very poorly maintenanced.

Beach: Lots of rocks, small and big. A bit hard to walk on and difficult to get out of water. But it didn't bother me that much. Clear and warm water.

Staff: Quite friendly and welcoming. Entertainers were friendly,
but no use for us because not one of them speaks finnish.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FinApi78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afandou
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
#1 of 20 in Kallithea
Rodos Star Hotel
Rodos Star Hotel
#4 of 18 in Afandou

Been to Mythos Beach Resort? Share your experiences!