“Mark Warner - You've cracked it!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Afandou
Levante Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Afandou
WINSLOW
“Mark Warner - You've cracked it!”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Granny, Grandad, Mum & Dad and the twins. We had a ball. Everything is good about this place. Staff, local and the MW girls and blokes. The BA crew our of LHR obviously enjoyed the job they were doing and we got the imression that. Without exception we received nothing by kindness and encouragement in everything we did. The enthusiasm of the MW staff is amazing. There are four to five pools, I lost count. The 25 metre adults only pool was a gret place for some serious exercise. We're looking forward to another trip - to the same place - later in the year (without Mum & Dad and the twins).

Room Tip: Try for ground floor so that you can walk out onto the grass and stroll into one of the pools.
1 Thank SPIKE69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Midlands
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This was our first Mark Warner holiday having been on Neilson watersports holidays before and our first holiday with a toddler. The flights with BA were great and the short transfer time to resort a real blessing with a 20 month old child. The hotel was lovely and well laid out, we paid the extra to upgrade to a suite and the extra room was well worth it with a toddler running around. The accomodation was excellent and kept very clean far better than on any of the Neilson trips we have been on.
There are so many pools and the main pool is huge and mostly empty which was great.
The beach staff were really helpful and helped you take your windsurfing kit down to the beach and always gave you tips and advice on the conditions - very helpful for beginners like us. The waterskiing was also great although you have to pay extra for it which you don't with Neilson.
The childcare centre was brilliant and the nannies are superb, our little one really settled in and also enjoyed the evening sleep club which is free.
The Greek staff in the hotel and restaurant are very friendly and love children they really make a fuss of them. The food was of good quality and although there was variety it somehow all felt a bit monotonous by the end of the week. Definitely preferred the food on the Neilson trips we have been on. We were not so impressed with the children's tea there were not really many healthy options and the cooked food seemed quite salty. Our little one loves fruit but there were only a few fruits on offer which were whole fruit which seemed a bit strange as the adults got lots of different sliced fruit on offer. We ended up saving him the fruits from our dinners and breakfast. On the whole though we had a fantastic time the room was amazing the watersports were awesome and the childcare was excellent!

Room Tip: The suites overlooking the main pool are lovely
1 Thank cookiemonster_9
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We, a sailing couple, stayed for the first week in May that the resort opened. There were many first week teething problems which I expected MW to have anticipated and solved before our arrival but they did generally resolve most before the first week was over thanks to the guests intervening. We were told by a member of management that MW is very committed to family business, hence 70 suites, so expect lots of children here.The resort is billed as 5* and in terms of facilities it probably deserves this, but dining is not 5* and on many nights we were disappointed with the selection of food and having been to many competitor sites we would say the food was no better and a little below what we had experienced elsewhere.The sailing kit was less than we would have liked for more advanced sailors so do ask specific questions of MW about kit before you book, eg. No radial rigs for Lasers when we were there and only 8 Lasers in total. (Take gloves as XD kit fitted and mainsheets are 5mm which will rip bare hands in the F4/5 winds)

Room Tip: Avoid Hotel rooms on far right hand side as you enter, view of next door German hotel being built ne...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adal52
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed here in June and had a great week. The flights from LHR were very easy from T5 and transfer to the resort were quick and well organised.
The hotel is still in its infancy but the architecture and landscaping is very well done and the bedrooms are of 4/5* quality.
I went on my own with my 2 children aged 3 & 4 and was extremely well looked after. The staff in the restaurant went out of their way to help and the nannies at the children's club are AMAZING!
The evening crèche is also great, each night a nanny would lend me a double buggy and then come back to my room with me to help me carry the children to bed!
The food is outstanding, huge variety and all delicious. The wine is also good and very cheap.
The beach is long and clean, quite stony but the children liked that, the sea is beautiful and warm.
The pools are all lovely, beach pool is the best as nice breeze and a good atmosphere with the bar.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

We've just returned from a week at Mark Warner's 'flagship' resort of Levante in Greece. It might look fantastic in the brochure but it was hugely disappointing.

The flight and transfer were fantastic and the rooms were great (despite the over-sized pillows which were all they had). We paid extra for a 'sea view' though we befriended a couple who had a better sea view and hadn't paid a premium.

The welcome meeting was brief and the serious lack of information meant we were un-informed that for the whole week there was no yoga/fitness instructor. There was no shade whatsoever over the children's pool, the tennis courts were slippery and needed more sand, the pool bar played heavy metal, the food wasn't as good as other MW resorts, the atmosphere was non existent, there was no entertainment, the Internet didn't work but...the weather was fantastic!

I don't wish to sound like a moaner, but we were at San Agosino last year and it trumps this by a long, long way...

I'd highly recommend most Mark Warner resorts but certainly not this one.

2 Thank Jackt83
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I was at San Agostino 3 years ago and it is interesting to compare and contrast. Like San Agostino, which I thought was exceptionally well run, the staff at Levante beach made a real effort to make the opening week of this resort in June a success too. Josh, George and Ben were all keen to keep the guests happy on the tennis front, but praise should go to all those at the resort for making everyone feel welcome. The bar at the tennis centre was very welcome. Here it is mainly tennis or sailing and the wind got stronger during the day which made watching a series of capsized boats more entertaining. Despite some unfinished areas still being refurbished they made sure that such work did not impinge on the ambience of the resort. The absence of trees and plants does make the resort feel quite spartan but this will improve with time. The rooms are 1st class, plenty of pools, yes a few screaming kids but you have to take the rough with the smooth. I do hope they have some adult only weeks here....Personally I am not a "foodie" so frankly I am grateful that I do not have to do it myself. That said the range was good, though some guests said not quite as good as Kos, but since I have not been to Kos I cannot comment. Levante beach is not 100% English. Most if not all of the hotel staff are Greek, and about 10% of the guests were French, which minimises the risk of being asked "Oh....and whereabouts off Northcote Road, SW11, do you live?" One French guest, Clare from Paris, at least added a little glamour to the proceedings as single boys appeared to outnumber single girls by about 5:1. I felt a bit sorry for the 3 male Oxford Uni graduates as choice was severely limited. The vast majority were couples and/or with kids.

Worth also popping into Rhodes Town which is impressive in terms of architecture but poor in terms of food. Greek buses (air conditioned) leave regularly from just outside the resort and it takes about 35 minutes.

The first time I went on a Mark Warner holiday was with a girlfriend back in about 1993, a resort on mainland Greece (which has since closed) where the staff were all in cliques and had little time for the customer. I would hope those days are dead and buried and judging by the evidence at Levante beach I would conclude that that is indeed the case. Many thanks.

Room Tip: I was in room 8112 and this room had a living room combined and 2 balconies....with a view of the se...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank fbl1966
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We are massive fans of Mark Warner and were looking forward to experiencing this new hotel. It was absolutely fantastic, and ticked every box. Exceptionally lovely staff (both Greek and obviously the MW contingent) where nothing was too much trouble: excellent food and service; great location with masses of space and plenty of different areas, so you could socialise if you wanted, or simply find a spot alone and read your book. The Children's Club was first class, and there was the addition of more supervised care in the evening (free). Because the hotel is brand new, the gardens are a little sparse, but the plants and flowers were bursting through as we left so I'm sure that by now it will be glorious. There was the biggest family pool I have ever seen, an indoor pool, a children's pool - an adult's only pool, and my favourite...the beach bar pool where you got the best of both worlds. The beach was beautiful with masses of seating - and a nice touch was free beach towels.....and, I almost forgot.....freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast. A very "happy" and warm atmosphere everywhere. We were delighted with our suite and basically everything about this holiday. Flying from Heathrow Terminal 5 was a definite bonus too....we will definitely be returning. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank Mandy333_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afandou
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
Lindos Blu
Lindos Blu
#2 of 30 in Lindos

Been to Levante Beach Resort? Share your experiences!