“Excellent Family holiday - amazing Childcare”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Afandou
Levante Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Afandou
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed in Levante Beach in June 12, I think we were one of the first massive groups that stayed there. So whatever, teething problems they had got ironed out and I'm sure got better. I've been meaning to write this since last year, so you know it's going to be good.

Transport
BA flights from Heathrow. All very slick at the Greek end escorted to our air con coaches and a relatively short drive to the hotel. At the hotel our bags were brought to our rooms, easy check-in and a glimpse at the wonderful blue swimming pools.

Room
The room was basic, I don't mean that in a bad way, but perfect. Comfortable beds, great shower, we had a porch and sliding door to the pool what more could we want?

It was buffet service, but there was a large array of it and you had a lot of roast-spit and BBQ food also. I'd have liked to see more Greek food on, but saying that I missed my daily intake of Greek Salad when I got home.

Special mention to Ash who was the chef at the Asian Fusion restaurant, great guy and chef. He went out of his way to accommodate the tastes of a 2 1/2 year old. If you don't go there you're missing out. For a special night out its definitely worth going there for a meal, if only to take a break from the buffet. My advise is go in the first 2-3 days, otherwise you'll kick yourself for only giving yourself for one visit in the week. we enjoyed our lunch at the Asian restaurant 4 days out of our week, the other days we had a buffet and the English pool bar.

I hope they have thought how they can subsidise the Asian restaurant, as it's definitely a worth upgrading. Also could do with a kiddies menu at the Asian restaurant and I'd have loved to have seen a BBQ one night.

Childcare
All I can say is it was first class. This was the first time we've even been to a MW holiday. We couldn't get over that you could drop your dearest ones and have adult time. What bliss over dinner!

As for staff, our daughter Alice still asks after Beth, her Childminder, when we're going on holiday or to a sandy beach. They were all great, and you almost felt bad when you were tucking into your food, drinking your glass of wine as you gazed upon one of the carers pushing the babies in their prams around the pools trying to get them to sleep.

Amenities
Great swimming pools for all ages. Main pool, kiddie pool, Adult only pool, Bar pool beside the beach and over in the French side they had a water activity pool.

All the sailing boats were brand new as were the mountain bikes. There was plenty of fitness classes and an indoor spa/gym. I heard the Tennis courts were very good. They also had a playground for the kids. The only downside was the beach, it was very gritty and not a sandy beach, so we stayed by the pools.

Summary
We didn't venture outside the hotel all week and we have already rebooked to go on another MW holiday this year. I would recommend Levante Beach to anyone with small children, likes sailing and tennis or just wants to get away from it all. Our daughter has already asked if Beth will be there.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank gtmoran

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed here in August 12 and only just got round to putting in this review - remembered as we are currently again looking at Mark Warner Holidays. We booked a suite instead of the standard room - it was a few hundred pounds extra - but having a 13 year old didnt feel like shed want to share with mum and dad. So may pools, you could always find one that wasnt too busy and always find a sunbed with shade - our accomodation had bathroom with shower and bath lounge with had a sofa that was made up at night for the teen bed through a sliding door to our bedroom with was large and modern - huge balcony outside and Tvs in both rooms. The meals were brilliant - lots of variation - you could either eat inside (bit canteeny really) our outside on the paio, which was really beautiful - although slightly crowded - struggled to pull out your chair without distrubing your neighbour.
Plenty of activiites for kids of all ages and even for my teenager - every day there was a varied programme - all free and in addition there were activites you could pay for that provided expert tuition - she is now a level one diver - We didnt go any of the night activites so I cant comment - we were up at the crack of dawn to get the most of the sun and after dinner would retire on our balcony and play cards with the evening sun setting -
Would I go again? well I have never been to any one place twice - until now! yes without a doubt I will def return here - the staff are all polite and well organised - the only one thing I could possibly pull back on - we were on the first floor apartments - lovely views but the stairs leading down had no handrail and being marble and mopped daily by the cleaners made it a death trap - I found this out to my misfortune as I did slip and as there was nothing to grab hold of - badly bruised my back - and had physio on my return - I did write to Mark Warner - they actually werent much help at all - but if anything I hope they have at least had the sense to put up a handrail - as it could have been a lot worse - this is the only fault I have and although disappointed with the lack of response I will def go back and will let you know again, if this had changed -
Would I recommend it - yes def -maybe book a ground floor apartment tho lol

Room Tip: Worth the extra if you have teenagers to upgrade - try and book the apartments overlooking the adult...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank northwestlass
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We have just returned from a week's vacation with 2 young children (2 & 5) at Mark Warners newest and possibly the best within the MW portfolio. The hotel is bright, modern (as to be expected) well laid out complete with 5 pools ( 2 kids pools and a children friendly large pool ). Both the hotel and MW staff excelled in Customer Service and the kids club area (purposely built is first class).

I would certainly return again next year but 1 week is just about right as stated in the title the food (quality,selection & presentation) was just average..... On a positive note the Pan European restaurant is just fantastic and saved the day on more than one occasion.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Nothing more to say but go there - it's great. Staff and Management can't do enough for you. Great holiday all round. Flights with BA from T5 LHR were superb and with a sensible flight time. Our only gripe was with the organisation when we landed. There was only one MW staff on duty inside arrivals with a clip board ticking off names and allocating transfer bus details.. This led to a massive queue snaking back to the luggage carousels. Totally avoidable and not what you need after a long day travelling.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunset1807
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We have just returned from our first Mark Warner Beach Resort holiday having had one of the best holiday experiences of our life thanks to the management and staff of the resort. The resort is as they say five star but it’s the staff and management that make it a truly great resort. Even when a freak storm caused extensive water damage to communal area's that I thought would take weeks to put right, within two days new ceilings were up and the resort back to normal.
All the sports equipment we used was first class. Unfortunately there was very little wind for sailing when we were there so we made use of the mountain bikes, PADI diving and exercise classes. Steph kept us stretched out and toned for the whole two weeks. Rhian was everywhere, swimming lessons, beach hut, salsa dancing, quiz nights. She was typical of the quality of the Mark Warner staff. My wife even tried scuba diving and thanks to instructor Jen, for the first time ever she managed to stay underwater. There were two many other excellent staff to mention, so you must put it down to the way the resort was managed. Even though their ages ran from about 18 to 25 they performed like veterans and new how to look after the clients.
The beaches was a mixture of sand and stone so bring some closed in beach shoes if you are to use the sailing craft.
There is entertainment in the evening which is fine, but if you want something more lively grab an off duty rep who has the day off the next day and walk into town which is only a mile away. Great sports bars and outside clubs like Statues are there for as long as you can stay awake.
A lot of guests we spoke to will be returning next year. Let’s hope they can keep the team together. Well done Mark Warner!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Enzo652
Reviewed 20 October 2012

First time at Mark Warner and it was fantastic. Flight from T5 were great and the coach transfers - which I normally hate were so well organised and totally painless. We booked a one bedroom with adjoining room for 2 kids with private pool. Luckily the resort was not busy as if it had been then the apartment above would have overlooked our "private pool" - I would not book this type in high season. The rooms were a good size with comfortable big beds. The bathrooms were large with separate bath and shower. Great patio area too.

We were half board and the buffet was of a high standard which had enough choice for breakfast and dinner. Wine and soft drinks were not expensive but were sometimes not available depending on which bar/restaurant you went to. The fusion restaurant was okay - menu was not very big, starters were great, main courses a little bland. The beach bar had a greater variety and of a good standard.

We sunbathed mostly at the pool bar - the steps into the pool are very slippy. I slipped and am still sporting a bruised ankle and back. There are some signs around the pool advising slippery surfaces but I hadn't realised they meant going into the pool. Something needs to be done to fix this before someone badly injures themself.

The waterfront facilities were magic. We did kayaking, paddle boarding and wind surfing - all equipment was in good condition and available each time. The beach is very stony so water shoes are a must though they can be bought in the shop. The sea is beautiful - so clear.

We had 2 children in kids club aged 9 and 12 who both said before we went that they didn't want to go to kids club. We couldn't get them out of it. The opportunities they had to try different activities was awesome and all staff were brilliant.

This holiday provided the perfect balance for all. Kids had a great time and so did the adults - if the kids are happy the adults are happy and if the adults are happy the kids are happy. Mark Warner have got it just right. We will definitely use Mark Warner again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank DillDog
Reviewed 10 October 2012

w/c 29th Sept for 1 week. Two adults. Excellent Hotel Facilities, clean, air conditioned good sized rooms with private balconies, ours overlooked the tennis which was good. Massive beds & bathroom with a bath as well. Tea & coffee making in room. Friendly staff. Restaurant was buffet - loads of choice but not sure I'd want 2 weeks of it. We opted to upgrade to full board for an extra 12E per day ea. In hindsight, as buffet was the same as the evening, it would have been better (and cheaper) to have eaten at the beach cafe. Mark Warner facilities are brand new and excellent. Tennis Academy with Josh and George was great fun, learnt a lot and met laods of nice people. The tournament was well run and fun as was the presentation night. Sailing Kit was always available and in good condition. Mountain bike free usage was good and we sued this facility to do a beach ride. Flights were BA from T5 Heathrow - I never want to fly Ryanair or Easyjet again. BA were brilliant.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afandou
Atrium Platinum Hotel
Afandou Bay Resort Suites
1 mi away
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
Rodos Princess Beach Hotel

Been to Levante Beach Resort? Share your experiences!