“Great new Mark Warner resort!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Afandou
Levante Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Afandou
West Sussex
“Great new Mark Warner resort!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My partner & I visited Levante Beach along with my mum specifically for Sailing Regatta week which we also attended last year in San Agostino. I am a Mark Warner veteran having been to many resorts since the 90’s and seen Mark Warner develop their brand and move with the times.
Firstly a massive thank you to Charlie and Jo for a well organised and fantastically fun Regatta week. We raced morning and afternoon and I was quite exhausted by the end of the week but very happy. All the sailing kit was new and well maintained although they only had 2 Laser Radial rigs. They have a new boat called a Quba which is like a Pico only a little quicker and much nicer to sail.
The resort itself is brand new and as previous reports will tell you, not all Mark Warner accommodation is quite this plush. We had 2 rooms in the main hotel on the ground floor overlooking the main pool. Although the rooms are on the ground floor and I was assured they had terraces by sales staff when I booked, they did in fact have balconies as there is a lower ground floor below which houses the spa. Mark Warner includes beach towels and robes in the room as well as tea and coffee making facilities which are not available at many other resorts.
The resort is long and thin with the tennis courts at the top end of the resort behind the hotel and the beach at the opposite end. It does NOT take 10 minutes to walk from the hotel to the beach unless you are immobile. It takes 5-6 minutes at normal pace. The walk to the beach from the hotel is lovely as you pass the huge main pool followed by the adult pool and then the beach pool. The whole resort was kept spotless by an army of cleaners.
We spent our time around the beach pool as we had easy access to the beach for racing, and loved the beach bar (which is actually not on the beach at all) for a few beers after a hard day’s racing.
The main restaurant is situated in the main hotel. We had breakfast and dinner in the main restaurant. The restaurant would benefit from some ceiling fans in the covered alfresco dining area as it did get pretty warm. The choice of food was superb and I was delighted to see the head chef from San Agostino is at Levante this year. I am surprised by a previous poster’s comment about the lack of fish. There were at least 2 fish dishes every day and often more. Vegetarians are also magnificently catered for.
We opted for half board rather than full board. This was a good decision. If you opt for full board you have to go and eat in the main restaurant, or you can get a 20% discount on the Pan Asian restaurant lunchtime menu. With the full board option at £85 per week I did not think this was good value for money given that the lunch menus at both the pool bar and Pan Asian restaurant were good value for money in comparison to the full board charge. Pan Asian restaurant lunch portions were huge!
The resort shop opened from 9am until 10pm. It stocks most essentials and the lady who runs it is very helpful. The shop takes cash & credit cards but you cannot charge items to your room. This is also true for the Spa (which is unusual for Mark Warner) but I understand this is because it run by the hotel rather than Mark Warner.
We did do some tennis while we were there; Josh runs a great team of coaches. We joined social tennis on several evenings and it was great fun but if I had 1 recommendation it would be to move social tennis to either 5.30 or 6pm so it does not clash with the sunset challenge race or childcare pick up.
Thanks to Sue (Resort Manager), Richard and Mark Warner for another great week and a new resort which we hope to go back to in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main hotel are handy for the main restaurant and tennis courts. It is a 5 - 6 minute w...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Greek first
Bristol, UK
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Came back on June 22 from a fabulous 2 weeks. This was our 4th MW holiday in 3 years so we knew sort of what to expect. This was by far the best and I cant recommend it highly enough. Our 4 year old boy was really well looked after (thank you Taylor) and it was great to see Donna the Childcare Manager again who we had bumped into in Kos last year. The evening drop-in centre is a stroke of genius as is feeding the kids separately- (Yes the kids high-tea is a noisy affair,but that's why they do it then! It also makes the peaceful evenings all that more enjoyable and we met some lovely people). I thought the food was good with masses of choice and for a change of scenery, there is the PanAsian for either lunch or Dinner which is also nice. Drinks are not overly expensive and the local waiting staff were lovely.My partner did quite a bit of Tennis with Josh and Sam the instructors and I spent loads of time on the water learning mainly how to capsize. We had a great room down in the 8000's which is near the bottom pool/bar and right by the beach. Thanks also to Gilly, Sue and the rest of the crew for a wonderful break-we'll be back!

1 Thank SimonBristol_UK
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Booked as a last minute holiday without high expectations but was hugely impressed with the resort, facilities and Mark Warner staff. Childcare was excellent and the children seemed to really enjoy themselves and make friends - they had my son try tennis, windsurfing (ok, without the sail) and laser sailing. The childcare staff all seemed to be qualified and British. The range of activities for adults is outstanding - I tried windsurfing, kayaking, and did my PADI open water diving. The resort itself is very new and still looking smart. The resort is spread out over a long site which stretches down to the beach and never seemed to feel overcrowded.

Agree with vrasiddi and Rona T's comments re very badly behaved children however who routinely destroyed the dining room. I pitied the poor staff scraping down the food debris and smashed plates after every meal. Thankfully they offer a 'children's tea' so most of them are back in kids club by the time adults dine in the evenings. The buffet was a little uninspiring after a few days - it was surprising there wasnt more fish considering Rhodes is an island.

But in summary, an excellent resort and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lydia606
sussex
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The Levante Beach is a really good resort hotel and it scores very highly as a result of having outstanding local staff and a superb MW manager (Sue).
You really couldn't go far wrong in taking a holiday break at this lovely resort as it has so much going for it.
The only real downside is the way that some of the young children are allowed to behave without any parental control whatsoever. The little Henrys' & Henriettas' seem to be given free rein by their over indulgent parents to scream constantly and make breakfast & dinner sittings a misery for those wishing for just a little peace and quiet. This is a shame as you could not wish for better staff and management at this very well equipped hotel.

Room Tip: Pay more if you want the best location!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vrasiddi
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a lovely 5 star hotel with excellent sports facilities. The staff are lovely and all of the waterfront staff speak English, which is helpful. There are 4 pools including an 'adult only' one. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The restaurant is buffet style but there are new choices every evening. Wonderful food. The only downside for us was the huge number of babies and toddlers. Mostly they were fine but the early morning screaming and evening meal tantrums began to wear us down after 2 weeks. I've been on Mark Warner holidays before but only to 'adult only' resorts. I think I'll stick to them in future, which is a shame because I absolutely loved the hotel and resort.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rona T
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Excellent holiday, hotel and facilities. Immaculate hotel and rooms.

Lovely staff - really fantastic. Sue hotel manager, so lovely approachable and helpful.

I would say faultless but it is a very expensive holiday, made worse by the fact that some things Mark Warner once included in the holiday price they do not in this case:-

Lunch
Waterski
Wine with your evening meal

I would still recommend but go knowing that you will be paying a large bill at the end of your stay !!

Room Tip: Our rooms were facing onto the car park, however as much as our hearts sank when we saw this, it was...
WINSLOW
Reviewed 16 June 2013

You don't get old from an active life, you get old from inactivity. We're both in our 70's. We spent a week here with our daughter, her husband and their twin 7-year-olds. When they went home, we decided to stay on for another week. Brilliant fun, loads of sailing, fabulous beach staff (they laughed at my jokes as well as my sailing techniques) - actually fabulous staff all round. We take around 4 holidays a year and this is the only one we've ever repeated (back from last year). A few small changes but as fun and activity filled as ever. I even got 30 minutes free with Josh the tennis coach (I think he wanted to check out my potential for the tour of the ancients).
One outstanding person? It has to be Sue the hotel manager, for running such a great operation so superbly well.

Room Tip: .Go for the rooms around the pool, unless you want to be near the bar.
1 Thank SPIKE69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afandou
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
Elysium Resort & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kallithea
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,501 reviews
Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa

Been to Levante Beach Resort? Share your experiences!