We stayed for a fortnight in late Sept early Oct 2013. Unlike other reviewers we found our apartment very clean on arrival, with very clean bed linen and towels. The apartment was cleaned and linen and towels changed every other day. Most establishments of this type in Greece do not have shower curtains or wall mountings for the showerhead, so to find both in our apartment was a delightful surprise.
All communal toilets were clean well maintained and of a very good decorative standard particularly bearing in mind that we were amongst the last visitors of the season. The pool was clean and well maintained and as referred to in other reviews offers a good mix of shade or full sun, unusually the sunshades are not the usual advertising umbrellas but are custom made for the site, so no pinched fingers on this trip!
The site is operated by an extended family, who are friendly , polite and very efficient. No request from any guest appeared to be too much trouble. I was particularly impressed that when one guest requested additional pillows this were quickly sourced and appeared with pillowcases already fitted. Another guest had spilt some milk in his apartment and asked for a mop to clear it up, unlike other budget hotels I have stayed in in Greece he was nor given a mop, but a member of staff went with him to sort out the problem!
Others complain of the firmness of the beds, I can only say that I appreciated the quality of the mattress and had no problem getting to sleep or in the mornings.
The food provided in the restaurant was of a good standard and generally freshly prepared. The bacon is of a particularly high standard which may account for the number of resident taking a full English breakfast, for those with smaller appetites the bacon and bacon and egg rolls are very good value.
The gardens around the complex are wonderful and productive, I have never encountered such a variety of fruit trees.
I cannot recommend this complex more highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 800 metres from Afandou Beach, Georgia Apartments features an outdoor pool with sunbeds and umbrellas. Its accommodation offers free Wi-Fi and opens out to a balcony with garden, pool views. Each spacious unit comes with a mini fridge. Air conditioning and a safety deposit box are also available upon extra charge. The restaurant at Georgia Apartments prepares traditional Greek dishes. The pool-side snack bar serves refreshing drinks and light snacks throughout the day. The younger guests can enjoy the paddling pool and playground. Shuttle service is provided from hotel to beach and back from 15/06-15/09. Georgia Apartments is 5 km from the lively town of Faliraki and 30 km from the picturesque village of Lindos. The Afandou Golf Course is located right across from the property. Rhodes Town is at a distance of 19 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Georgia Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgia Apartments Afandou
- Georgia Apartments Hotel Afandou
- Georgia Apartments Rhodes/Afandou, Greece