This holiday was cheap - we don't expect alot from Greek accomodation - I have to say the accomdation was better than expected. As we drove up to the hotel, all we saw was the builders yard - what had we let ourselves into - It was Cheap!!. Check in was Ok, we wer shown to where our rooms were and when we got in we were pleasantly surprised. The room was bigger than expected and had 3 proper beds in and a table ( neva had that before in Greece). The chairs were kitchen chairs and they were amazingly uncomfortable - there were no comfy chairs on the balcony. Having read some of the reviews about the hard beds I was dreading them = they were NOT hard and were so comfy I wanted to bring one home!!. The Air Con is a disgusting price and there is a notice in the room that if you buy a fan it will be removed. The supermarket on site was basic but enough to tide you over - the kitchen facility in the room was very poor. you could not cook a meal. The first day we walked into the village, it is a good 20 mins - go out of the back of the hotel and turn left. The bus stop for Lindos and Rhodes are out on the road behind the hotel they were regular and mainly on time. The bars and tavernas were quite good - Life Taverna ( behind Life bar) was brill, also the taverna in an alley way - Apokto???? was really good - on the esxpensive side compared to the rest of the village, but worht every penny. Food was cheap compared to other islands. The Noddy train picks up outside the apartements at 9.30 - 9.45 each morning and takes you to the beach for 2 E each - and picks up from the beach at 4.30ish and drops back at the apartments - other than that the train only runs from town to beach. A word of warning there is a sign in the aprtments that P20, P10 and Bizbuin can not be used - if you stain the towels you will be charged. Thomsons did not tell us the apratments were at the junction of the main road into the village and a half finished dual carraige way. Work started at 7.30 each morning and continued all day - this was annoying but did not spoil the hol. Alot of people are repeat customers who book through Sarah, Some were very clicky and liked to make sure you knew they keep coming back - However she was a fab rep for them and made sure she spoke to all of them. The weather was hot 42 on a couple of days and most nights were 27 - this we hear is unusual.
Would I go back - Yes - considerieng the price the place was very clean and we had no problems, it wouldn't be my first choice, but like I said it was cheap and it is greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 800 metres from Afandou Beach, Georgia Apartments features an outdoor pool with sunbeds and umbrellas. Its accommodation offers free Wi-Fi and opens out to a balcony with garden, pool views. Each spacious unit comes with a mini fridge. Air conditioning and a safety deposit box are also available upon extra charge. The restaurant at Georgia Apartments prepares traditional Greek dishes. The pool-side snack bar serves refreshing drinks and light snacks throughout the day. The younger guests can enjoy the paddling pool and playground. Shuttle service is provided from hotel to beach and back from 15/06-15/09. Georgia Apartments is 5 km from the lively town of Faliraki and 30 km from the picturesque village of Lindos. The Afandou Golf Course is located right across from the property. Rhodes Town is at a distance of 19 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Georgia Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgia Apartments Afandou
- Georgia Apartments Hotel Afandou
- Georgia Apartments Rhodes/Afandou, Greece