“Amazing holiday Fantastic staff”
Review of Golden Days Hotel

Golden Days Hotel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Afandou
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been here numerous times and everytime i love it a little bit more. Ive been going here for 10 years. I started goin with my parents when i was young and loved it that much i have been going with friends and now my own little family. The resort is a typical cute little Greek hotel with friendly and very helpful staff. Yiannis and Maria the owners are two of the nicest people you will ever meet so helpful and amazing with my daughter! The rooms are basic and very clean just in my view what you need when you are on holiday unless you are planning on not leaving your room all holiday. My view is that on holiday a room is only to sleep you should be making the most of your surroundings all the time. Next door to the hotel is a large supermarket perfect for anything you have forgotten or want to buy while you are over there. The pool is clean and the surrounding areas clean. Just a short stroll along the town 5 minutes at most are an array of bars and restaurants and even the most beautiful cake shop. Afandou is a perfect quiet little village that is gorgeous and the best thing about it is that if you want the nightlife just jump in a taxi and you can go to falaraki for the bars or even the waterpark through the day. You will not be bored. If you are thinking of going here id say go give it a chance you may love it as much as i did and still do.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kirsty C
There are newer reviews for Golden Days Hotel

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the golden days for 2 weeks in June. It is a good cheap 2 star hotel. The staff there are very helpful and will sort anything out for you. We hired a car through the owner which was a good price. They have different theme nights as well. The location is good if you have a car. Afandou is a small village with only a few bars/restaurants but the hotel does food. There is a nice traditional greek restaurant on the road down to the beach.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank beachhustler
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful time,yannis and Marie are terrific host,could not ask for more,George is just wonderful too,totally entertaining,rooms are cleaned everyday with new towels, and bed changed twice a week,entertainment is fab,going back in September and can't wait.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Pauline R
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have just returned from Afandou. Yanni and Maria are the most welcoming hosts, who made sure we were well looked after and go out of Their way to help you.
The rooms are very very clean. Bedding and towels changed every day. The pool and garden are a lovely place to relax.
We stayed self catering, no need for us to cook as the food is absolutely gorgeous (thank you for the recipe)
Thank you for helping us have a great holiday.
Steve and Barbara Jenkins.

Room Tip: If like us you have any questions before travelling, just E mail Yanni and Maria . Communication is...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have booked to go June which will make my second year here, and i plan to be there many more years. The hotel is clean and very comfortable, the staff are absolutely amazing people they couldnt do enough for you and treat you as family! Anyone i met there and myself and my family grew a strong bond with the family running the place. Would definitly recommend this place to anyone planning a trip to Rhodes. They deserve a 4/5 star rating! Can't Wait to be back!!

Louise And Family from Northern Ireland!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Louise M
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Just read review named 'triton' areactually staying at same time and have to say my views are complete opposite, yannis,Maria and George are amazing people, and always aim to please you,the hotel is lovely and they have worked very hard to get it up to this standard,the food is delicious, and service is excellent, and entertainment is great, we have had great fun,and met some amazing friends,we have returned to this hotel for a number of years we love it and are heading back to golden days in a few weeks time,we love the place and all our friends we have made over the years,would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Pauline R
Reviewed 14 April 2014

myself and my family and friends went to afandou last summer for a week, we stayed in the golden days and were made feel so welcome! There is such a family feel to this hotel and it is beautiful. This hotel deserves 5 stars in my own personal opinion as yamos, maria and george couldnt have been better hosts if they tried! There was always something fun to do from the greek night, to the bingo night and also to the karaoke night(my favorite one) - It was just great!! For shopping I would reccomend Faliraki which is just 10 minutes away in a taxi, or even better- Rhodes town! which is about half an hour away but is just so beautiful and traditionally greek with the gorgeous old, medieval town and the more modern new town, there is something for everyone! Faliraki beach is also by far the nicest beach I have ever been to in my life and I've been to about 17 different countries! Go to rhodes (particularly afandou-golden days!) - You wont regret it!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the pool!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Meghan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afandou
Rodos Star Hotel
#7 of 18 in Afandou
Achousa Hotel
Achousa Hotel
#40 of 70 in Faliraki

Been to Golden Days Hotel? Share your experiences!