Golden Days Hotel
US$42
US$22
US$21
  • Pool
Villa Olive Grove(Afandou)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$29
Hotels.com
Iris Hotel(Afandou)
US$82
US$73
  • Breakfast included
Karmik Concept Pension(Afandou)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$138
US$131
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Oasis Hotel Bungalows Rhodes(Afandou)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$225
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfour seasonskaraoke nightrooms are basicstar hotelnext yeargreat holidayair conself cateringgarden arearhodes townlong hoursnothing is too much troublevillage squareentertainment nightscleaned every daylovely villagesun loungers
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Σας ευχαριστώ για μια υπέροχη διακοπές....Hope this impresses Maria, Yiannis, George and Mikey!!! Firstly can I just mention the rather pretentious review that mentions this hotels attracts the lower end of the holiday market and that the hotel attracts Northerners and and Scottish people, just for the record the we have travelled the world and have professional careers, as have most of the people we were on holiday with so I find that review particularly condescending. Now that aside we have never had such a welcome from a lovely Greek family that work very very hard to provide a good service, nothing is too much trouble for them. We often ate in the hotel and found the food to be reasonably priced and very good. It is good fun at this hotel, the Karaoke and Rock night is very funny. It is an incredibly friendly hotel and I have never laughed so much in ages. Afandou is lovely, look for the Sky Line Bar, worth a walk up the hill for lovely views and good views at low prices. The beach is 15 mins away but a taxi ride to Kolymbi is worth a visit and there are 2 lovely beaches there too. We met some great people and had a holiday to cherish....thank you all

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter if you prefer
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Magpie1963
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just returned from the Golden Days Hotel after spending the week there and it's safe to say we're missing it already! From the moment we arrived to the day we left we experienced nothing but great customer service and this really made the holiday for us. There's nothing worse than staying somewhere with rude staff, but as I'm sure you can see from all the reviews on here you will never experience this at this hotel. Yannis, Maria and George put in the hours and the effort to make every guest feel welcome and I really admire the hard work they did every single day. We arrived at about midnight and were delighted to find the bar was open. Once we dropped our bags off with the help of Mickey, we sat by the pool and had a quick drink and had a good chat with George, who always spoke every time we saw him no matter how busy it was! We were staying on a self catering basis and the room had great facilities for doing this - a fridge with a freezer compartment, two cooking rings and also cutlery, plates etc - I saw someone comment that there was only two forks etc but for 2 people what more could you want? There is a great little supermarket almost next door where you can stock up on good food for a great price. We also ate in the restaurant a few times - the breakfast was always warm and delicious and the main meals were the same. The food and bar prices were really reasonable and this didn't affect on the quality. The rooms are basic but cover the necessities - as long as it has a bed what more do you want! We had a lovely balcony which overlooked the sea which was nice for sitting on in the evening. Rooms were cleaned every single day without fail and all the sheets, towels etc were replaced - hats off to the housekeeping staff! The only downside was how warm the rooms were (nothing to do with the hotel but something people should be aware of) however didn't expect anything less in the height of summer! There is air-con to hire but we didn't feel we needed it that badly. The pool and sunlounge areas were great and always clean. There was various different entertainment evenings, we attended the rock night - for a cost of 10 euro which includes a main meal - which was fantastic! Overall a great little hotel that I'll definitely return to in the future! :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BindiiR
Reviewed 7 August 2014

If only Maria hadn't been wrong when she told us that the airports were on strike (so we couldnt go home)... I truley could have stayed so much longer. 21 reviews over the last year- with 17 of them excellent or very good.. well done. We enjoyed a lovely warm welcome, everyday staff attentive, rooms clean.. views excellent.. pool to die for.. beach a nice walk (ok so not so nice in the heat coming back up the hill -which says more about me than the hill!). We will as so many.. be going back.. and not just because Yiannis, Maria, George, Mikey and the little guy were so lovely.. but so were the other guests.. the atmosphere is so relaxed and friendly.. entertainment - was just that...didnt actualy attend the karaoke but just to know that Elvis had been in the building was enough. ok so here goes.. a George joke... two cows in a field.. which one goes on holiday? A. the one with the wee..k...aff... OK so you had to be there. As for any reference to guests being geordies, glaswegians and 'working class' - please read this as being happy folks, who have recognised the true value of this gem of a setting... hope to see yous all again.. when I next have my wee k (or 2) aff.......Sharon and India

Room Tip: Front rooms.. have a nice view of pool or garden area- with sounds of scooters road etc.. back rooms have views of mountains and trees.. with the early morning sound of cockerals.. choose a room to suit your own need - you know best what is best for you.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank shazeem
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I have just returned from Golden Days where we spent our 2nd anniversary. We arrived late at night and a little tired. The staff were very welcoming and we were soon sat in the bar enjoying a cold beer overlooking the pool. Yannis and Maria are great hosts and George was always smiling and having a laugh. They really helped to make our holiday! We felt much more than just a room number! They bought us out welcome drinks on our arrival evening (tequila and sambucca) if I remember correctly! Yannis and Maria work non stop to keep all parts of the hotel (pool area, bar etc etc spotless)
If you are looking for 5-star luxury then this probably isn't the place for you but If you want that personal touch look no further! Bedrooms are a little basic but how long are you in your room for anyway when visiting a place like Rhodes?? There was however plenty of hot water from a powerful shower, beds were changed and fresh sheets/towels supplied daily. Perfect.
Afandou itself is a cute little village/town with lots of great eateries. - try 4 seasons and the skyline bar- we were very impressed with both of these. I'm sure others were just as good but we kept going back to these 2 because we liked them so much.
We wouldn't normally go back to the same holiday location again but we will certainly return to Golden Days before too long thanks to the wonderful hospitality we received for the duration of our stay.
Thank you Yannis and Maria for a great holiday! your hotel is fantastic.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back get a lot of late sunshine and the balconies are very private.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aaron W
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our welcome from the people at the Golden Days Hotel was the warmest I have EVER had at any hotel. It was about 10pm when we arrived, abit grumpy and tired after a long journey, but within 15 minutes of arriving, we were relaxing with a lovely drink overlooking the beautifully lit-up swimming pool. George (our waiter) took about 3 seconds, within meeting him, to make us both laugh, and I immediately commented to my husband that there was something special about the place. Honestly, you notice the great atmosphere the moment you walk in the door.

Nothing too flashy about the rooms (its a 2 star hotel), but they were clean, and the view from the balcony was absolutely stunning (mountains!). The AC was really efficient and quiet, likewise the fridge and freezer combo were great. Plus as the hotel is such a nice size, you can pop back to the room quickly without going on a major trek (which I can't stand).

I have never been to a 2 star hotel with such a good pool / sunbathing / pool bar area. There is a little grass area with sunbeds, which is beautifully maintained, with flowers and palm trees. The pool itself is a great size and in between the two is a raised restaurant/bar area which has lovely views of mountains. Felt like the absolute lap of luxury sitting in the shade of those palm and lime trees!

Food was very tasty - I really recommend the Greek dishes on the menu - much MUCH better than I had imagined from the hotel restaurant.

Yiannis, Maria, George and the rest of the team are hardworking, accommodating and very fun to be around. I felt sad to say goodbye to them, and to the lovely friends we made while we were there.

I'm not in the habit of returning to the same place more than once, BUT I think we will make an exception as I honestly will miss the Golden Days Hotel and its people :)

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have great views of the mountains!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple