“Poor!”
Review of Anastasia Studios

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Afandou
Anastasia Studios
Fethiye, Turkey
“Poor!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

As an intrepid traveller, and reviewer of hotels I have stayed at, this is probably one of the worst I have come across. On this occasion I was a lone traveller, so the room although small in size, was not really a problem. The condition of the room was poor, a terribly dirty floor, in fact it hadn't been cleaned, I imagine, from the previous occupier, witnessed by the fact that the bin, located in the small kitchenette area, still contained that occupier rubbish. And all the facts pointed that this room had been occupied some months beforehand! It looked as if the room walls had been recently devorated, maybe in an effort to freshen things up! It hadn't really worked. There was a small wardrobe in the corner of the room (outdated - look at the pictures), two small single beds (I had asked for a double) just with a sheet covering. There were two spare blankets inside the musty, (strawberry air freshener hanging inside) wardrobe, into which I would not hang my clothes. There was a brand new kettle in the kitchenette area, but alas no complimentary tea or coffee, yet alone sugar or milk. The refrigerator was well used - I wasn't of a mind to put anything in it. The dish cloth/tea towel supplied was in fact a beer mat, cloth type! And the towels supplied, off-white, and like cardboard! The bathroom, well I could touch all four walls wherever I stood, the shower was tiny, so tiny when you used it the plastic (ugh) shower curtain stuck to your person! The floor drain was broken, the cold water ran very hot, as hot as the hot! And two tiny bars of soap were adorning the rather dingy sink! There was a small outside balcony, covered in (very) dry leaves from the grape ivy adorning the adjacent roof, and the view, there wasn't one! A plastic vessel,with warning X on the side, was located to catch the water from the pipe outlet of the air con unit. Unfortunately the water flow missed the receptacle, which had flowed onto the balcony, and been left to dry over the preceding weeks it appears. The Tv (archaic) in the room was only just hanging onto it's stand, and it had only Greek channels! The Wi-fi advertised was non existent in the apartment, one couldn't browse anything at all on the internet, the signal was far to poor. The only good thing about the room was the shower water pressure!
Breakfast was taken downstairs in the 'Michalis' cafe bar/restaurant. It eventually opened on the first morning at 08.30. There was NO choice, it was full English! Not a problem to me the lone traveller on a budget, but others! But there were no others, I was the only person there. That figured, they probably knew more than I did when booking this place. But, to be fair, and to mention something else favourable, the breakfast was very very good!
I have visited friend in Afantou for several years, the place is still reeling from the European recession, I counted no less than nineteen closed establishments whilst there, it's like riding into a ghost town. Would I recommend this place to stay - it has to be a big NO a this time, lone traveller that I was, I could cope, but family affair, never.

Room Tip: I sincerely doubt there is any.