B&B Il Sogno
Albergo Loreley(Anacapri)
  • Bar/Lounge
Bougainville(Anacapri)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe busrecommend illocation is excellentfabulous viewslovely roomhis wifefresh fruitvillamaidislandcaprisunsetterraceaxelfaro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I would say about Il SognoB&B is what you see in the pictures is what you get! This villa lives up to my dream of a Mediterranean holiday - lovely view, well-cared-for garden, quiet and homely, the unforgettable cheerful colourful tiled room that always reminds me of Capri and an excellent location - just a short walk away from the Vittoria Square where the heart of Anacapri is. The owners, Serenella especially, and husband Claudio can be so easily mistaken for a friend you've known all your life.She's so thoughtful - getting us breakfast at 5am before we left - and the valuable tips of where to eat and where to go. Paul and I had wonderful stay there and will highly recommend anyone to this B&B. Serenella, we'll be waiting for you in Malaysia.

Travel tips - Firstly, you must see the Grotta Azurra between 10am to 11 am. Secondly If you are taking a bus to Marina Grande to catch the ferry home, make sure you catch the bus at the bus stop 100meters from Restorante Le Arcate because by the time it gets to the Vittoria Piazza where we waited, the bus (Marina Grande) would be COMPLETO (full) and it would not stop for you and you have to end up paying 24 euros instead of 1.80 euros for a taxi. Thirdly, for a wide variety of good food, reasonable price and no cover charge and service charge go to Pizzeria La Buco (next to Le Arcate)

Room Tip: Pay for the bigger room with the sea view if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Feay Fang C
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is the most magical place we stayed in 6 weeks. Beautiful sunny house and garden, outlook to the sea, large sunny room and terrace, spotlessly clean, and in very convenient but tranquil setting. Serenella is the most welcoming, friendly and helpful host you could wish for. Serenella you are welcome in our home in Sydney any time. Mille grazie per una vacanza meravigliosa!

Room Tip: Top front corner room is the most sunny.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The villa is wonderful, clean, we'll positioned but very quiet location.
Views from balcony amazing over to Ischia and far reaching.
Air conditioning is a bonus.
Breakfast simple and fresh, plenty of it.
Claudio & Serenella informative, helpful and very welcoming.
The Hotel San Michele is a short walk away and gives a great alternative to the island's beaches as the swimming pool itself is outstanding.
We will return!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

What a lovely place, peaceful and away from the main town down a side street, it is only a couple of minutes and you are right in the centre of Anacapri. It is a super base for exploring the island. Our hosts were really helpful and showed us lots of places to visit.
Breakfast was deciduous, with a wide variety of different things to eat. We had the small bedroom with the "happy" yellow bathroom, we were slightly concerned the bed may be a bit small but this was not so at all. It was bigger than we thought and very comfy, we had a lovely nights sleep. There is air con in the room if you want it.
A truly lovely place to stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

"If ten is perfect then B & B Sogno is a fifteen!" as I told Serena. She and Claudio are excellent hosts. We were in Italy for seven weeks, and their B & B was one of our favorites. Not only because of the beautiful facility but because of their utmost desire to provide the perfect vacation for their clients.

After arriving on the ferry at Capri, we put our luggage into storage at one of the shops and took a boat ride around the island along with a trip into the Blue Grotto. Then we rode the bus up from the marina which stops in Piazza Vittoria in Anacapri. The driver did short change us, but you may be able to buy your tickets before you get on the bus. I tried to explain, but he just waved me away. Others on Trip Advisor, may be able to comment on where you can pre-purchase your ticket. You get in a line to catch the bus, and it does get full. The views are breath taking as you go up the hill and was a bit scary for my husband, but I loved them. Once you get off the bus, stay on that side of the street and walk to the first alley on your right which leads down to the B & B. Anyone will be glad to help you with finding the alley to walk down, and there are several places to eat as you get off the bus. We arrived on a ferry from Sorrento and uponr leaving took the ferry to Naples which was easy to do both ways.

Serena met us with a smile on her face while Claudio was at a meeting. We were elated to find a lovely large clean room with colorful tiles, a large window and double doors opening to the lovely wrap around terrace over looking a colorful well attended garden and ocean view. We spent many a wonderful hour on it. The bathroom appeared to be recently renovated with well chosen fixtures and a large shower and a rain shower head. There were toiletries provided and a wonderful window with a nice breeze coming in and even more lovely flowers to enjoy outside in the residential area surrounding the villa. In our large room, we found a very comfortable bed, a mini frig, a beautiful sofa which made into a bed, and I believe there was a hide away bed under our bed. While there, we enjoyed the free wifi service and being able to Skype with family at home. Besides the aforementioned pleasures, at any time of the day we enjoyed listening to the quiet neighborhood with the background tones of birds singing. It is certainly the perfect peaceful and romantic spot one needs in this hectic fast paced world. It was just what we needed into the third week of our trip to rejuvenate us.

The next morning after arriving, we had the pleasure of meeting Serna's husband, Claudio. He escorted us to the breakfast area and got us some fresh coffee and tea. Then he slipped away after telling us to have a lovely relaxing breakfast which we did. Without a doubt, we had the best breakfasts with them of our entire trip. There was fresh fruit which were the best apples and oranges of our trip, yogurt, cereals, cold cuts and cheeses. On the last morning that we were there, we had the pleasure of meeting the lady that helps them. She was also very dedicated to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. I wish we could have visited more with her.

However, the icing on the cake for me was when Claudio gave me a tour of his garden. I am a lover of nature and gardening. He told me all about his new variety of geraniums and how he cared for them. I wish I could have him talk to our garden club for my friends would love hearing from a gardener who lives half around the world and find that we have so much in common. In addition to their love of flowers, they also provide a swing to leisurely sit and relax in. Plus, you can walk to their other hotel the San Michelle to relax in the pool. We will definitely stay with them again, and I will refer my friends to them. It is not just the facility but Serna and Claudio makes it such a relaxing and romantic get away that we all need with people that become your friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple