“A real treasure”
Review of Villa Damecuta

Villa Damecuta
Ranked #2 of 42 Anacapri B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My thirteen year-old daughter and I spent 5 days at Villa Damecuta in June, and it was the loveliest stay either of us could have imagined. We booked the one bedroom apartment which was spotlessly clean and well maintained, with a private entrance, views over the Bay of Naples and a tiny terrace with a sunset view. Raffaella, her sister Cinzia and their father were incomparable hosts, and made us feel at home immediately. Their warmth was infectious. The father Carlo invited us to eat refreshing melon on their terrace on a hot afternoon, and took our bags to the bus stop when we wanted to buy a few more souvenirs before leaving Anacapri. The breakfasts on their breakfast terrace consisted of an omelette made with fresh eggs from their chickens, and fresh vegetables from their garden as well as fruit, bread, delicious croissants, jam, yoghurt and ample strong coffee or chcolate. While they were tremendously solicitous of our well being, they were also consummately professional, and never made us feel that our independence was intruded upon, and being naturally private people that was important to us.

I would stay at Villa Damecuta again in a heartbeat. I shudder to think at how different our holiday would have been if we stayed in Capri town instead, which is beautiful but outrageously overcrowded and expensive. Instead, we found Anacapri unbelievably charming, with just enough elegance in its lovely shopping street, and much more peace and a sweet livability. Raffaella assured us that Anacapri is very safe, and that they do not worry about locking their doors, and that is the feeling that one got staying there (although of course the rooms have locks). Villa Damecuta is just a little walk from the centre of town, with a small store a few doors away with everything we needed for lunches or dinners at the apartment. All the sights of Capri are accessible via little buses on incredibly narrow streets, although we splurged and took an open air taxi on arrival. The value for your money at Villa Damecuta is very high, especially considering what you might be spending in nearby Capri town, and the option of a self-catering apartment at a reasonable price makes the value even greater. We have such sweet memories of our stay. I cannot recommend this property enough. Grazie, Raffaella. Ci vediamo.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Along with other reviewers, there is no doubt this is one of the best genuine accommodation on the island. My wife and I stayed for 4 wonderful night in the ensuite with views to the ocean, Ischia and Mount Vesuvius. The location is easy to find and located 10/15 minutes from the town of Anacapri which my wife and I enjoyed the leisurely stroll everyday to the buses. With the walk you truly get to experience life on Anacapri with the narrow streets, scooters and local buildings.

Once you get close to the town centre, you can easily catch the bus back to all the famous destination (Marina, Grotta Azzurra, Faro, Marina Piccola, Capri). Raffaela was fantastic from day 1 by suggesting our itinerary for our stay, where and which bus to catch, etc. We really enjoyed her omelette breakfast every morning! Best B&B we have stayed in our 10 day holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My family and I had such a wonderful experience at Villa Damecuta. We stayed three nights in Villa Damecuta. Raffaela and her father Carlo were wonderful. I personally did not have a chance to meet Raffaela's mother, but I believe she was the one preparing our breakfast. Villa Damecuta is a great bed and breakfast, that is just a short drive from the Marina. This was the perferct place for my family and I. My husband and I, sister and brother in law, and my parents were able to stay here. Each with our own rooms and bathrooms. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious. The family has a garden from which they offered us some of fruit. On the day of check out, Carlo prepared a bag of fruit and croisants. The family was very thoughtful and showed their generosity and hospitality during our entire stay.
The B&B is just a short walk away from the center of Anacapri. The street on the way to the center has many little shops that are great for shopping. Villa Damecuta has a wonderful view of the island. You can take a bus from Anacapri to Capri, which is just a 10 minute bus ride. Raffaela was great at providing information about what to do in the island and also how we should go about getting to Pompei. The morning we left Carlo took our bags to the Marina and waited for us to arrive, to make sure we got on the right ferry.

Just a bit of advice, try to catch a ferry into Capri any time between 7 and 8. If you catch the latest one you will get to the island too late and will have to pay for a Taxi to the hotel.

Room Tip: My family took up all of the three rooms and they were all great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I always go to this place as I feel now quite attached to the owners (Raffaella and parents). Don't look any further, best place in Anacapri, you will feel like home in a dream place. Hospitality and kindness, on top of the beauty of the place itself, have no rivals. I'm writing this review from the apartment here at the villa, feeling very say that I have to leave tomorrow!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We really enjoyed our one night in Villa Damecuta. Don't expect fancy accommodations, but, what you get is a clean and spacious room, with a wonderfully knowledgable and friendly hostess. We called from the taxi coming up from the Capri ferry, and were met by a little truck, so that we didn't need to walk all the way (taxis can't make it to the front door of the hotel); if you have the truck, the walk is only about 5mins from where the taxi drops you off. Breakfast isn't fancy, but, is plentiful and tasty. We'd certainly go back if we found ourselves in Ana Capri again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Definitely a miss if you not choose this B&B!

My family and I stayed in their apartment and bedroom during 22-24 May. The host, Raffaela is so sweet and welcoming!! I can make a lot of examples!

She made our room soooooooooooo clean...even better than hotel and my home! we felt absolutely comfortable, the kitchen is in full gear, you have all you need.

I have no complaint about this B&B. There is a bit walk (~10 minutes) to the bus stop at Anacapri but pretty close to the Grotta Azzura.

I know you may want to stay in Capri but I prefer Anacapri, more quiet and much more closer to the real life of the locals.

We even had omelette made with fresh eggs from their chickens! yes! they have a small garden with farm too!

Go there and enjoy the sun and sea of Capr!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We had hoped to find a lovely hideaway with nice service in a quiet and beautiful setting in Anacapri, and Villa Damecuta B&B was just the place! Rafaella and her family made us feel very much at home from the moment we arrived. I unfortunately arrived sick (for the first 1.5 days there), and they did all they could to help me feel better quickly. We stayed in the Garden Room, which was nicely decorated, very clean and had an incredible view of the ocean (and, of course, lush garden). We also saw the apartment, which is very nice too. Besides offering detailed information of the best ways to see the highlights of the whole island, Rafaella also was kind enough to make a dinner reservation for us our last night there. And don’t even get me started about the wonderful breakfasts…we’re STILL wishing we had it every day, while listening to her father’s entertaining stories!
Thank you so much Rafaella & family, we very much enjoyed our stay with you and hope to return very soon :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacapri
Caesar Augustus Hotel
Hotel della Piccola Marina
Al Mulino
Al Mulino
#6 of 18 in Anacapri

Been to Villa Damecuta? Share your experiences!