“I have never felt more welcome in all my travels”
Review of Villa Damecuta

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anacapri
Villa Damecuta
Ranked #1 of 39 Anacapri B&B and Inns
barrie ont
“I have never felt more welcome in all my travels”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I took her 90 yr old mother to Anacapri, as she had fond memories of a visit with her husband 40 yrs ago. We stayed at La Cassette as it allowed her to have a private room and bathroom..Rafaella and her father met our cab and took the luggage and set us up in the apartment. We visited their home and left with two bottles of wine courtesy of her Father, it was homemade and excellent.Half way through our one week stay my mother in law mentioned that she was surprised that she couldn't find spaghetti and meatballs in any restaurant, the next night Rafella and her daughter showed up at the apartment with a large pot of meatballs in a tomato sauce spaghetti and a baguette. the next morning her father asked about the wine and I told him that it was so good we had finished it. We left from breakfast with another 2 litre bottle. I have never met more friendly and caring people. Our apartment was cleaned daily and we had great tourist suggestions from Rafella. They truly made our vacation one to remember and I thank them for their hospitality.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
new york, ny
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Villa Damecuta for two night last week. It was part of our honeymoom to Italy, and didn't dissapoint! Rafaella, and her family were warm and welcoming like all other people that I've met in my times in Capri. Our breakfasts were delicious and many of the ingredients were picked right before eating by her father! They have a beautiful property and fresh eggs for your omelet. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the views are amazing from the balcony. It's a wonderful place to stay and my wife and I highly recommend it. It's a little walk from the taxi/bus, but pretty conveinent to town once you're not carrying luggage around! Thanks for a experience Rafaella!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony..
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were a group of 7 traveling with a kid and stayed at Villa Damecuta and La Cassette for a period of 3 days. Rafaella and her family, who run this place, are some of the most genuinely nice people who went the extra mile to ensure we had a pleasant stay.

The apartment was cleaned almost everyday. The omelette served during breakfast was delicious and is not to be missed! Rafaella also brilliantly planned our stay around variations in the weather and many options on the island!

Room Tip: Villa Damecuta has a nice view of the sea from the balcony. La Casette is a 2-3 min walk up hill fr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
whitstable
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I stayed in the apartment for five nights a short walk from the B&B. The apartment was functional with two spacious bedrooms, a kitchen and two bathrooms. It also enjoyed an attractive patio and a central position for Anacapri. For, our final night we moved to an excellent room in the B&B because the apartment had already ben booked out.

We booked the accommodation on the back of Tripadviser and we were delighted to be proved right in making this decision. Rafaella and her parents run the business in a highly professional yet splendidly personal manner. Nothing is too much trouble. Breakfast which is included for those in the apartment is phenomenal with a wide variety of choice. The omelettes are special and should not be missed!

Rafaella has oodles of information at her grasp and selectively offers guidance on where to go and what to see. But, she does not make your mind up for you enabling you to experience the places of interest or restaurants and reach your own judgement. She has found, in our opinion, exactly the right balance.

There is a good little grocery shop very close to B&B where you can buy almost anything.

Anacapri centre is a five minute walk with a wonderful array of shops, cafes and restaurants and the chair lift/walk to Mt Solerno only ten minutes away.

Wonderful coastal walks between the Forts, excellent restaurants (suggest Le Arcarte),and places to visit (Chiesa San Michele and Villa San Michele should not be missed).

Capri is ten minutes by bus of thirty minutes via the Phoenician Steps (double that coming back!). Villa Jovis and Villa Lysis are really worth visiting if you have any historical interest whatsoever - remarkable!

A really brilliant island to visit but our trip was made all the more wonderful by the welcome, service and consideration of Rafaella and her family.

Room Tip: The room in the B&B that we stayed in was exceptional with great sea views overlooking the garde...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brookfield, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

A short 10 minute walk from Anacapri's lovely shops and restaurants is this quaint
clean and gracious B&B. Rafaella and her family were very accomodating and helpful to
make certain our stay on the Island of Capri was perfect. Raffaella is very helpfulf with sightseeing tips. Her and her mother treated us to omelettes and freshly baked croissants and breads with all the trimmings each morning. Rafaella' s father was very gracious to help us transport our bags and ensure we were on the next bus down to th port of Capri to catch our boat in time. Lovely hosts!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 13 March 2014

we found the place by coincidence - following two painted street signs "bed and breakfast" in the tiny and atmospheric streets of Anacapri. A lovely warmhearted family welcomed us and made us feel at home at once. It was the best choice we could have made.
We highly recommend it!
The room was big, beautifully furnished with even a bronze statue of Hermes in the shelve. It is very clean, high standard, with a comfortable bed and a tidy, beautiful bathroom.
From the room you have a great view over the sea. In the morning the family served an overwhelming breakfast - with even omelette from their own chicken's eggs.
Also they helped us a lot with advice for walking-tours and told us insider stories about life on the island...
high recommandation!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Villa Damecuta. First, the location, while a little hard to find at first, it is what makes the area so peaceful. It feels like you are a local and not just a tourist. Rafaela was always available to help us find something to see or a place to eat (which was something considering I am a vegetarian and my boyfriend has celiacs disease...). And the breakfast was amazing. She even bought gluten free bread and snacks (NOT cheap) for my boyfriend and even sent the leftovers with us we when left. One night we decided to stay in for dinner (I had some leftover pizza and my boyfriend had purchased some meat and cheese at the store) when I stopped by the kitchen to ask if I could use the microwave Rafaelas' mother was there and insisted on heating it up for me and making my boyfriend a sandwich with the gluten free bread. We sat on the porch with Rafaela and her father (he brought us some of his homemade wine!) and discussed the island, politics, and history. Best dinner ever.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacapri
Casa Mariantonia
Albergo Senaria
Albergo Senaria
#9 of 18 in Anacapri
Hotel Weber Ambassador Capri

Been to Villa Damecuta? Share your experiences!