“Limoncello”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Limoncello”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Sapori di Capri is a beautiful little shop in Ana Capri. I liked how I could see the distillery process behind the counter. We entered to buy some olive oil and left with olive oil, 2 bottles of limoncello and chocolate. The attendant gave us samples of limoncello to try and we automatically purchased two bottles. I tried the normal and creamy limoncello, which I ended-up purchasing.

Visited July 2010
3 Thank joelarias

Lake Grove, New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour”
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Although it was a long ride from Rome, (about 3 hrs.) it was very worth it. The views from the "ski lift" were breathtaking. We got lucky and were able to go into the Blue Grotto. The lunch which was included in the tour price was good, only thing I would think the sodas and lemonade would be included as well. It was a seperate charge. We were taken into a store where we were able to sample some lemoncello. I bought some delicious lemon cookies. Our guide tour, Pino was full of talk about the history of Capri. I really enjoyed talking with him. Nina was also very informative. I would have liked to spend more time in Capri than AnaCapri, but we did have some time to shop and look around. I will do this tour again if I find myself in Rome in the future. I would recommend spending a night on the Island if you have the time......and money. lol

Visited April 2011
1 Thank 123karen51
river forest, il
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Take a hike...”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I recommend taking a hike to see the natural arch and then there is also a shore path hike. You basically are walking through the back of the town and can really see Capri and what it is all about. There are some restaurants and bars tucked back in there for the locals. Great to stop and just soak it all in. You can spend a few hours doing this. In my opinion, way better than all the shops and the craziness in the center of town.

Fargo, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Capri: the place I most want to be”
Reviewed 6 December 2008

This little shop makes Limoncello (of course) and lemon (and orange) flavored chocolates. The limoncello was good (I really only like the Italian wines) but their chocolates are really good!!! Wish I would have been able to bring lots more back with me because I have been unable to locate a source to purchase online. I don't speak Italian so am unsure about being able to call them, but will give it a try. From what I've been able to figure out, they are a speciality of this shop and probably hand make the candy. The chocolate also comes in white. The Italian white pages (URL link www.paginebianche.it) can help you locate the shop. If in Capri, its worth a stop for chocolate lovers:)!
If anyone has been there or knows where I can find these chocolates, I'd love to hear from you.
ps: Perugina Baci candies are also really good, and you can easily find them on the internet.

1 Thank kinzik
US
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Sapori di Capri chocolate - samples were great, purchased chocolate was old”
Reviewed 5 November 2008

Our guide on Capri took us to the city of Anacapri, then took us to a lemoncello shop. The lemon and orange chocolate samples were wonderful so we purchased several bars of chocolate - these were terrible! The were grainy and chalky - not creamy & smooth like the samples.
We have not yet tried the lemoncello and lemon cream liquors that we bought. These, too, were very good in the shop. Our friends gave away some of the liquors and chocolates for gifts - they have to apologize to their friends and relatives now. What a shame - they could have a wonderful product if they weren't trying to rip off tourists!

1 Thank sberger