I had mixed feelings about the hotel. The building itself was fantastic, very modern with art everywhere, great lobby and reception, very nice view from the terrace and live music at the bar. The breakfast was tasty (not that big of a selection though). The spa is probably the best part of this hotel, very elegant, profesional and you have a variety of treatments to choose from. The pool at the hotel is quiet and good for relaxing swim or read, this is about where the good things stop. Let me start with the things I hated the most, the internet is as slow as a dead turtle, yes its free but what are you paying for if you cant get anything done?! The hotel is not cheap at all and the least they could do is invest in some good internet! Its always nice when the hotel offers you complementary water bottles in the room, well we stayed there for 5 nights and go it for just the first night!!! The rooms are great but you can hear everything happening in the rooms next to you (especially if they have kids) and anyone in the corridor, so if your planning on sleeping in late, this is not the hotel for you. They do have a gym, but its only good if your doing cardio, the weights sections is really poor, only light weights and one complicated machine.
The hotel its self is far away from the Capri and if thats where you want to spend most of your time, then this hotel is not for you. Its a quick taxi ride but I would have preferred to have been in the city centre. Not much happening around Anacapri. The hotel does have a shuttle service that takes you to its beach restaurant which is nice for a swim and they have amazing food there.
I wont be back here for sure :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the Capri Palace Hotel & Spa enjoys an idyllic location in bustling Anacapri. This fresh and stylish property exudes sophistication with simplistic furnishings and a remarkable collection of modern and contemporary art called The White Museum. The hotel offers 2 Michelin-starred restaurants: L'Olivo, a 2-Michelin-star restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine in an elegant atmosphere, and Il Riccio, the sea food restaurant located by the Blue Grotto boasting 1 Michelin star. Complimentary shuttle to Il Riccio is available for hotel guests. Ragu Bistrot is the perfect location for an informal lunch, located on a terrace with mesmerizing views of the Gulf of Naples. Relax at the Bar degli Artisti sipping a cocktail surrounded by numerous works of contemporary art. Alternatively, head down to the Dolce Vite wine cellar for wine tasting. The many state-of-the-art treatments of the Capri Beauty Farm include the renowned Leg School for cellulite and vascular cure, and the Metabolic Response, a weight-loss program based on the Mediterranean diet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Destinology, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Capri Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capri Palace Hotel Anacapri
- Capri Palace Anacapri
- Capri Palace Hotel & Spa Island Of Capri/Anacapri, Italy