“La mia casa a Capri”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Anacapri
Ischia Porto, Italy
“La mia casa a Capri”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Its one of my favourite hotel in the world, it's 10 years we go there and we love it. This year we try the news room capri touch and it's like heaven. Everything is luxury and good taste. The team is friendly but very professional, the spa is state of the art and propose a range of facial and body treatment with different brand. The swimming pool is huge and is very nice to be far from the hassle of capri at day time and to enjoy a little breeze. The place to be in capri

Room Tip: Capri touch room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
capripalace, Manager at Capri Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you very much for considering us your home! This is our goal! We look forward to welcome you next year in our property. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Loved this hotel 5* service all the way. Nothing disappointed. AnaCapri is lovely If you want to get away from the busy streets of Capri. Villa San Michelle was worth viewing.

We visited Il Riccoh for lunch and it was the highlight of our trip. Absolutely picture perfect and the turbot was to die for! Great service, laid back, fab atmosphere and delicious food (dessert room was outstanding).

We toured around Ravello (Palazza Avino again stunning hotel) and Positano which was lovely but too commercial and prices don't justify the overall experience.

I adore Amalfi coast I've been many times and Capri Palace stood out for me.

Room Tip: We had std classic double with mountain view it was spacious and very lovely
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
capripalace, Manager at Capri Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you very much for choosing us for your holidays in Capri. Anacapri is indeed a lovely town and we are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back in the future. Thank you!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Unfortunately I didnt stay here as I was in Capri on buisness doing makeup for a client who was getting married at this hotel.

However I was in and out every day and absolutely loved it, I also had a drink at the bar on one night which was great, cocktails and wine selection are excellent.

Suite Acropolis (the penthouse) is possibly the most beautiful room I have ever seen and if you can stay there I would highly recommend it. The pool is gorgeous and the outside terrace is huge - you probably wouldn't even need to leave the room!

My client ordered room service for everyone for lunch and the coffee and club sandwiches/salads were delcious. Staff were very sweet.

I also stayed in Anacapri in a seperate hotel (which was lovely) and would say if you are coming to the island to definately stay in Anacapri. Don't get me wrong, I did go down to the main square in Capri the centre of the island and loved it but theres something really magical about staying up here in the mountains and it makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

I will definately be going back to Capri Palace next year with my partner as a paying customer!

Room Tip: Suite Acropolis!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments! We look forward to welcome you next time as our guest.
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had mixed feelings about the hotel. The building itself was fantastic, very modern with art everywhere, great lobby and reception, very nice view from the terrace and live music at the bar. The breakfast was tasty (not that big of a selection though). The spa is probably the best part of this hotel, very elegant, profesional and you have a variety of treatments to choose from. The pool at the hotel is quiet and good for relaxing swim or read, this is about where the good things stop. Let me start with the things I hated the most, the internet is as slow as a dead turtle, yes its free but what are you paying for if you cant get anything done?! The hotel is not cheap at all and the least they could do is invest in some good internet! Its always nice when the hotel offers you complementary water bottles in the room, well we stayed there for 5 nights and go it for just the first night!!! The rooms are great but you can hear everything happening in the rooms next to you (especially if they have kids) and anyone in the corridor, so if your planning on sleeping in late, this is not the hotel for you. They do have a gym, but its only good if your doing cardio, the weights sections is really poor, only light weights and one complicated machine.

The hotel its self is far away from the Capri and if thats where you want to spend most of your time, then this hotel is not for you. Its a quick taxi ride but I would have preferred to have been in the city centre. Not much happening around Anacapri. The hotel does have a shuttle service that takes you to its beach restaurant which is nice for a swim and they have amazing food there.

I wont be back here for sure :)

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the spa or somewhere else that is quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kmiqdadi
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is what luxury is all about.....from the moment you enter the property till you leave everything is impeccable....the pool ..the spa ...the food and especially the service. A little pricy but what the heck!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paolo1005
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 July 2014

You're paying for the service here and it does not disappoint. We felt completely taken care of at every point in our visit. Reception was great and check in a breeze, with a quick but not annoying tour of the hotel and the room. A nice touch was greeting me by name before I had presented any id. Breakfast was delicious and the staff very helpful with our baby. The concierge assisted us with restaurant reservations (some specific ones we asked for, as well as recommendations from them). Special attention must be given to Federico, the pool guy - since we had the baby with us, we spent a lot of time at the pool and he really took special care of us.

They were amazing with the baby! Everyone was so delighted to see him at every time. I know that Italians generally love babies but this was still a lot of fun.

The blackout shades in the room are incredible.

As others have noted, the hotel is in Anacapri which is much much quieter than Capri. The energy of Capri is great and a lot of fun, but at that stage in our vacation we didn't want a lot of hustle and bustle - just peace and quiet. It's easy enough to get to Capri, either by taxi or bus.

Couple of minor things that were nice - they noticed an error on our bill after we paid and while we were waiting for the shuttle to the ferry terminal, and rushed over to point it out and credit us something like €8. And despite a totally sold out hotel, after some persuading, they were able to give us a late check out.

The only negative is that the internet/wifi service is terrible. In this day and age, that should not happen at a 5 star hotel. My 3G service on my phone was faster and more reliable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Raj R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Nestled in the back streets of anacapri this hotel is a great haven for art lovers and food lovers . It's not pretensions and not full of look at me !

However there are in general too many Americans ! Who can be loud and brash , but Capri is full of them also.

The Resturant was very good although the lady who greater us has difficulty seating us. The food was good and the sommelier was very essy to talk to about wines .

My only concern is that I gauge a cook by his boiled egg , 4.5 mins gives a perfect egg for me. Unfortunately he failed and it had to be sent back.

Atmosphere attention to detail excellent .

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacapri
Caesar Augustus Hotel
Villa Marina Capri Hotel & Spa
Hotel Excelsior Parco
Melia Villa Capri Hotel & Spa
Grand Hotel Quisisana

Been to Capri Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!